Thread: MOTD equivalent in Italy

Fav. Player
    Mateo Kovacic

Australia

MOTD equivalent in Italy

Can anyone tell me is there an equivalent Serie A/B weekly highlights summary show on Italian Free to Air TV similar to BBC One's Match of the Day offering?

Also if you keep up with the other leagues is there a show for the other leagues?
    i.e. Eredivisie, Bundesliga, LaLiga etc?
    Preferably on free to air TV.
    Or worst case, on SKY or some other channel which offers online streaming?

What is the show called and what day and time does it air?

Thanks

Fav. Player
    Capitano&Trenza

Europe

In terms of programs in the UK & Ireland, there's a program called "European Football Show", which I believe will only show highlights, goals and the major gossip from some of the biggest leagues in Europe. As far as I know James Richardson is presenting it, which given his long history presenting Italian football shows may be positive in terms of there being a Serie A bias. The show is on BT Sport 1 and starts at 9:30am (UK time) and lasts for two hours... Bear in mind that they're going through all of the major leagues in Europe, so only about 30 minutes of this will be allocated to Serie A unfortunately.

There is another show that begins at midday here on BT Sport 1 (again) called "Serie A Review". All I know is that it lasts for 30 minutes, so I can't imagine it'll go into too much detail in each match, like you see Hanson, Shearer and Lawrenson get into in Match of the Day.

Personally, I'd be much more excited by the prospect of a Monday Night Football-type show on the Serie A. The analysis provided by Carra and Neville is second to none. The only downfall about it is that you've got two defenders giving expert opinions, and little attacking knowledge. But the technology they use and the level of expertise is much more fun to watch when they talk about the games over the weekend than the MotD panel.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

i'd never thought neville is THAT smart tbh , he's an awesome analyst or pundit or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Damyard View Post
    But the technology they use and the level of expertise is much more fun to watch when they talk about the games over the weekend than the MotD panel.
    What technology are they using? Can you give examples and more elaboration?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Recordman

Italy

Saturday
    Rai 2 - Sabato sprint -23:00 interviews and highlights saturday matches
    Sunday
    Italia1 - Sport mediaset xxl - 13:00 news about football f1 motogp, probably line up serie a
    Rai2 - Stadio sprint - 17:05 only interviews coaches and players
    Cielo- Stop & gol - 17-18:30 (from 18:00 highliths serie a games) talk show with live interviews
    Rai 2 - 90o minuto - 18:30 highlights serie a
    Rai 2 -Domenica sportiva - 22:35 talk show interviews highlights
    Cielo - Stop & gol night -22:45 "
    Italia 1 - Name tbd, hour tbd -22:45 or 00:00 "

Foreign league on fox sports (not free)
    Liga show, ligue 1 preview,premier league preview friday and saturday : (weekly magazine not live with a voice talking)
    Fox sports live saturday 13 18 21 1am and sunday - talking about upcoming matches and highlights
    Cuma l'? Tut bin

Quote Originally Posted by Cambiasso;
    If losing a game is a problem, i tell you now, we'll lose others.

The important thing is that the fridge is in the kitchen

Fav. Player
    Capitano&Trenza

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    What technology are they using? Can you give examples and more elaboration?
    I'm not sure what devices they are called, but they are big touchscreen devices that enable the analyst to slow down the clip, highlight a player, track a run and a few other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9N6iau1Zo

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    i'd never thought neville is THAT smart tbh , he's an awesome analyst or pundit or whatever
    Oh yeah, I always thought he and his brother were complete retards, but his pre-and-post-match game commentary is completely spot on every single week, although I'm not a massive fan of his in-game commentary. He's a much better analyst than commentator, but yeah, my opinion of him sky rocketed since he's been in the studio...

Fav. Player
    R. Quaresma

Tenerife