Thread: Very much looking forward to visiting you guys!

Belgium

Very much looking forward to visiting you guys!

Hey guys,

I'm Thomas, from Antwerp, Belgium. I'll be visiting the city of Milan at the weekend of 9-10-11th November. Of course I have to watch a football game there

I'm very happy to see that Inter (and not that other team) plays Livorno that weekend. So I'll be attending that game.

I have visited many big cities in Europe and I've seen many (big) matches. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Celtic, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Ajax, PSV, ... I've all been there and the stadium was packed. In Barcelona the atmosphere sucked. There was nothing, it was like ppl were watching a movie, terrible! The rest was ok. Of course in England and Scotland, the atmosphere is the best.

It's comparable to my own team: Royal Antwerp Football Club, 2nd division in Belgium. Stadium looks like a bombed bunker, but hey, we always have 8000 - 11000 fans supporting their team, and that's alot for a Belgian 2nd division team. It more than the average of the 1st division tbh Anyways, enough about that.

I have some questions about Inter.

1. Where should I buy tickets? Online? Or should I wait and buy them at the stadium?
    2. How many fans will there approx be in your 80.000 seater stadium?
    3. What athmosphere should I expect?
    4. Any nice bars to go before/after the game?

About 2 and 3: I know it's not a top game, so I don't mind it won't be packed. Just looking for good fans and a good game, and of course, and Inter win

Thanks for your time guys!
    In Belgium, we say "Antwerp till I die!", but I guess it doesn't matter now when "I say NeroAzzurri till I die!"

Cheers!
    Thomas

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

im sorry i cant help you much, but man your team antwerp is so fuckin unpredictable , i'll never bet again on it tbh .

Great first post by the way, hopefully someone can help you with this, someone like kato or ana they treat newbies good
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Hi, welcome to the forum

& to answer question 2 & 3 I'd say probably less than half of the stadium will be full so atmosphere won't be anywhere like a big derby game.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBE View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm Thomas, from Antwerp, Belgium. I'll be visiting the city of Milan at the weekend of 9-10-11th November. Of course I have to watch a football game there

I'm very happy to see that Inter (and not that other team) plays Livorno that weekend. So I'll be attending that game.

I have visited many big cities in Europe and I've seen many (big) matches. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Celtic, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Ajax, PSV, ... I've all been there and the stadium was packed. In Barcelona the atmosphere sucked. There was nothing, it was like ppl were watching a movie, terrible! The rest was ok. Of course in England and Scotland, the atmosphere is the best.

It's comparable to my own team: Royal Antwerp Football Club, 2nd division in Belgium. Stadium looks like a bombed bunker, but hey, we always have 8000 - 11000 fans supporting their team, and that's alot for a Belgian 2nd division team. It more than the average of the 1st division tbh Anyways, enough about that.

1. Where should I buy tickets? Online? Or should I wait and buy them at the stadium?

About 2 and 3: I know it's not a top game, so I don't mind it won't be packed. Just looking for good fans and a good game, and of course, and Inter win

In Belgium, we say "Antwerp till I die!", but I guess it doesn't matter now when "I say NeroAzzurri till I die!"

Cheers!
    Thomas
    You forgot the question no.5
    Any hot girl to bang after the game?
    maybe Fitzy could help...
    FORZAINTER

6. Thanks (1): homaru

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Hey man, this thread might be of some use to you: Tickets to Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. It helped me when I went last season.

Ed posted the link to buy tickets, but they aren't on sale yet for that match. You can either buy them from the Inter website or there are some places in Milano that will also sell them if you want to wait to buy them in person. It won't be anywhere near a sellout so you shouldn't have a problem waiting to get tickets, non-derby games are usually less than 50% full. The best atmosphere is in Curva Nord (2nd tier verde), however it's not the best view of the pitch so it depends on what you value more.

Don't know about bars, I went straight back to my hotel after both games I went to.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Welcome.

If it's only against Livorno, it's pretty safe to just wait and buy at the stadium. But if you want better/guaranteed seats, what I usually do is I ask the hotel concierge where I'm staying at to get the ticket for me.

Against Livorno, it'll probably be just 50-60% methinks

Depends where you're seated. If you're at the Curva Nord, things may be hostile considering Livorno (left-wing) is a 'political rival'

No idea

Fav. Player
    JJesus, Kovacic

Sweden

In Barcelona the atmosphere sucked. There was nothing, it was like ppl were watching a movie, terrible!
    Thanks for saying that, now I can hate on Barcelona even more and have a reason behind it

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks for saying that, now I can hate on Barcelona even more and have a reason behind it
    The problem with atmosphere in Barcelona is two things:

1) There are more tourists at the stadium every week than the average club, who don't know the chants & some would rather take a million photos than actually pay attention to the match. Some probably aren't even Barca fans & are just using Camp Nou as tourist destination.

2) Barca don't allow fans to make their own coreo/tifo displays, for the big games they make them all themselves & tell fans what to do & when. This is something that I don't like. Also, the ultras mentality has been largely stamped out there (even though Rosell has let a few of them back in) so there aren't really a lot of people to "lead" the atmosphere.

11. Thanks (2): Handoyo, homaru

Fav. Player
    JJesus, Kovacic

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    The problem with atmosphere in Barcelona is two things:

1) There are more tourists at the stadium every week than the average club, who don't know the chants & some would rather take a million photos than actually pay attention to the match. Some probably aren't even Barca fans & are just using Camp Nou as tourist destination.

2) Barca don't allow fans to make their own coreo/tifo displays, for the big games they make them all themselves & tell fans what to do & when. This is something that I don't like. Also, the ultras mentality has been largely stamped out there (even though Rosell has let a few of them back in) so there aren't really a lot of people to "lead" the atmosphere.

ZFG(ZERO FUCKS GIVEN) Just let me fucking hate.

13. Thanks (1): Handoyo

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

This thread is awesome I just booked my flight for the 22 of december and I contacted inter about tickets but as everyone has said they are only available 10days before the match, hope i didnt book this shit for nothing lol better get my tickets..

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter7 View Post
    This thread is awesome I just booked my flight for the 22 of december and I contacted inter about tickets but as everyone has said they are only available 10days before the match, hope i didnt book this shit for nothing lol better get my tickets..
    If you're going to the derby it's a completely different story, a lot harder to get tickets through official means. Most are sold out to fan card holders before general sale even happens. When I went I ended up having to pay out the ass on Viagogo for tickets.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

If you're going to the derby it's a completely different story, a lot harder to get tickets through official means. Most are sold out to fan card holders before general sale even happens. When I went I ended up having to pay out the ass on Viagogo for tickets.
    Hey visca thanks for the info how much you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? And is there anything I can do about it?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Hey visca thanks for the info how much you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? And is there anything I can do about it?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    It was 111.89 euro per ticket + a booking fee + a delivery fee. In total, about 146 euro per ticket. This was in 2nd tier rosso, you can get a little cheaper in some other sections.

But the face value of the ticket was only 47 euro You might want to try contacting your hotel to see if they can do anything about getting tickets for you.

Israel

You can also buy tickets from Solo Inter, the official store of the club (It's near the city centre). I guess that about 45k fans will be there, but that also depends on Inter's form. I think that if we'll be in a good form, you can expect that there'll be more than 50k.

Nerazzurri Israeliani
    Siamo Sempre Con Voi!

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    If it's against Livorno, buy at the stadium, it won't sell out. Curva Nord is by far the best for atmosphere, but don't go there against Livorno if you'll be offended by anti-communist chants, because there will be many.

There's a nice smallish bar outside the stadium and there's always the Curva Nord bar.. if you feel like something a little earlier in the day, Bar Magenta near Cadorna metro/station is amazing

The last time I saw Inter v Livorno, it was quite busy, but definitely not close to sold out.

Also, did you say that the atmosphere in England was good?! Well, Italia is definitely nothing like England. Expect a lot more flags, scarves and definitely more chants/noise.
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

It was 111.89 euro per ticket + a booking fee + a delivery fee. In total, about 146 euro per ticket. This was in 2nd tier rosso, you can get a little cheaper in some other sections.

But the face value of the ticket was only 47 euro You might want to try contacting your hotel to see if they can do anything about getting tickets for you.
    Thanks for all the info visca! i will definitely contact them, does anyone have any recommendation on where i should sit?

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Also, did you say that the atmosphere in England was good?!
    I didn't even notice he said that. England & atmosphere don't particularly go together.

Thanks for all the info visca! i will definitely contact them, does anyone have any recommendation on where i should sit?
    As I told the other guy, depends whether you want atmosphere or good view of the pitch. Best atmosphere = obviously Curva Nord, but rosso or arancio sections it's easier to see what's actually going on. I didn't get to sit in CN because I was with a milanista, so I sat in 2nd tier rosso which was a pretty good view.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    tbh, you wouldn't get to "sit" in the CN either way XD
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

23. Thanks (1): Visca

Fav. Player
    IL PRINCIPE!

United States

Hey guys,

Cheers!
    Thomas
    I've been to Antwerp!