Thread: Kompany's future at Inter?

Kompany's future at Inter?

I saw Vincent Kompany playing few games and I was impressed. He is probably one of the main talents in Europe for the CD position.

Last year Inter was after him, I thought that the Inter-Anderlecht UCL game (Dec 04) could have been the opportunity to gat to a deal. Mancini even spent good words about him in the press conference before the match

Does anybody know what has happened next? Why there is so much talking about Chivu (good but fragile) and Luizao (a brazilian Materazzi) and not any more about Kompany?

I hope that Inter will not miss the chance of signing him: he can be our Nesta for next 10-15 years!!!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Re: Kompany's future at Inter?

First, welcome to the forums Charlie, glad to have you on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie71
    Luizao (a brazilian Materazzi)
    Oh man, don't get me started on Materazzi :cry2: Some lads here saw Luisao play, and they weren't impressed.

There is a thread here about defenders where we talked about them all, just go and read there.

About Kompany, he is defintely a good player. However, he might not be ready to join a big club so soon. Him, his agent and the Anderlecht president said that he needs at least a year in Belgium, then he'll see.

Also, there were words attributed to him saying that he'll either join LaLiga or EPL. Good news is that he personally told one of our members he doesn't mind joining Inter, but it's a management thing.

Re: Kompany's future at Inter?

Hamed wrote:
    First, welcome to the forums Charlie, glad to have you on board.
    Thanks Hamed!

Hamed wrote:
    About Kompany, he is defintely a good player. However, he might not be ready to join a big club so soon. Him, his agent and the Anderlecht president said that he needs at least a year in Belgium, then he'll see
    Why don't buy him and then leave him one more year in Belgium? I am concerned because recently other big clubs (e.g. Barcelona) has been linked up with him. It would be too bad to see him signing and getting to success (no doubt about it) with another shirt!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

We need a player immediately for next season, we can't wait another year like this with bandaid solutions. We will squat next season with Matrix and Materazzi, we need to get a great CD.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Welcome to the forum, Charlie!

Back to the topic, Kompany is undoubtably a talent. He will be an asset if we can get him. But firstly, he will need at least a season to adapt to the Serie A, and prepare himself to play regularly here. And right now, we need a class and proven defender who can marshall our defence for next season. Materazzi and Mihajlovic simply can't do it, and Cordoba cannot manage alone.

Secondly, I believe Kompany has mentioned that he would like to play in either England or Spain, and not in Italy. So, I see him going to the EPL, instead of Serie A.

But, expect the unexpected.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    We can talk about this here or here.

Handyo