Thread: [Argentina] River 0 - Boca 1 (6 Oct 2013) Pre-match and after-match videos

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

[Argentina] River 0 - Boca 1 (6 Oct 2013) Pre-match and after-match videos

Well, here we are. Another Súperclasico was played, and the whole country was paralised again. But this time was different, because there wouldn't be any Boca's fans at El Monumental that Sunday. This is because an AFA prohibition made last year, that forbids visiting fans in every match in Argentinian football, including lower divisions. So, because of this, Boca's fans called themself together though Facebook and Twitter, in order to manifestate in front of the hotel where the team was spending the night. It is said that there were at least 3000 fans supporting the team (including my brother and me). We arrived there at 12:30 (people was supposed to be there at 13hs), but there were a lot of people that had arrived, I heard, at 11am. And the team finally got in the bus at 15hs. People did not stop singing Boca's songs in the whole 4 hours that I was there (hits like "RiBer decime que se siente" and "el que no salta es una gallina" were heard xD). These are some images of that great event:

There aren't much good videos, the majority of them are recorded from people's cell phones, but here are some:

Here from the point of view of the players:

So then, the team finally left, and the match was going to start. Boca had to deal not just with the fact that would have 65.000 people shouting against them, but also with the injuries. This season Boca had more injuries that Inter: around 45 players were injured this single year, and a lot of key players, like Gago, Erbes, Riquelme and Cata Diaz. Actually, as the starting RB (Leandro Marín) is badly injured, a midfielder like Erbes had to play there. He injured too, so Jesus Mendez had to play as a RB, despite not being his natural position. And Erbes recovered rapidly, but that did not mean he was going to play the Súperclasico at 100%. Also, Cata Diaz and Gago were just returning from their injuries, Riquelme had played only one match since his last injury, and Nahuel Zárate (the substitute LB, because Emanuel Insúa is also badly injured) was not OK. (I'm sorry if I repeat the word "injury" a lot of times, but I miss a lot of football vocabulary, and I don't know any synonyms xD)

Both teams starting line-ups:

RIVER: Marcelo Barovero; Gabriel Mercado, Jonatan Maidana, Eder Álvarez Balanta, Leonel Vangioni; Carlos Carbonero, Cristian Ledesma, Ariel Rojas; Manuel Lanzini; Federico Andrada y Teófilo Gutiérrez. DT: Ramón Díaz.

BOCA: Agustín Orión; Jesús Méndez, Daniel Díaz, Claudio Pérez, Nahuel Zárate; Cristian Erbes, Fernando Gago, Juan Sánchez Miño, Juan Román Riquelme; Juan Manuel Martínez y Emmanuel Gigliotti. DT: Carlos Bianchi.

Here's the only goal of the match:

And here the highlights:

Meanwhile, in riBer's stands...

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    This weekend, River-Boca, there won't be visiting fans so this time you will be able to hear riBer's fans but I can tell you, they only cheer when riBer is winning.
    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1175786

IMO, incredibly Boca won, despite River played somewhat better and had more chances. I think that going to the hotel to support the team motivated the players, and if you do not believe me, look at them, right after the match finished:

One week after this, Boca was playing against Rosario Central at La Bombonera, and lasting 20 minutes for the match to finish...

Here's how TV showed it:

Later, Central tied the game, but that did not matter. Again, we made fun of them Here some pics:

The week before the Súperclasico, Ramón Díaz (RiBer's coach) claimed that Boca would finally see what riBer's fans were made of...

"Ramon... did you realise? Because of that people, you are from the B"

Well, that's all folks!! Hope you liked it, and learned a bit more of South American football, and the people's influence here.

Fav. Player
    Gagliardini

Ecuador

nice post!! I have one question though... How the fuck did you write all of this without the forum signing you out?

3. Thanks (1): R.Palacio8

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth View Post
    nice post!! I have one question though... How the fuck did you write all of this without the forum signing you out?
    you'll click on the 'remember me' checkbox
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

5. Thanks (2): Earth, R.Palacio8

Fav. Player
    Gagliardini

Ecuador

1000 posts, still a noob

7. Thanks (1): R.Palacio8

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

another word for injury-sneijderd
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

9. Thanks (1): R.Palacio8

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Earth View Post
    1000 posts, still a noob
    more than 7 years studying English, and I still don't know a single synonym of "injured"... I think I will use this suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    another word for injury-sneijderd

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

i put a bet on newells old boys winning tonight. what do u think will they win?
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    i put a bet on newells old boys winning tonight. what do u think will they win?
    I had bet a draw, because they usually draw, but finally Central won, in spite Newell's had 65% of possesion. I really think the people motivated this recently promoted team, and that's great, but I think this is something that has nothing to do with the thread xD