Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling up Nationalized players?

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

Calling up Nationalized players?

What do you guys think of this? I think it's kind of bullshit. Brazil is pissed that Diego Costa is playing for Spain and not them. No way does Spain have a better shot at winning the WC then Brazil does at home.

I mean the whole Gio Rossi thing pisses me off but I get why he did it. US has 0 chance of winning a WC.

But players who are like a 1/8th from a country are getting called up to US, Venezuela and other teams. Technically everyone in South America is from Portugal or Spain. So does that mean they can use our continent to get players like France calling dibs on all of fing Africa !!!

I saw some people bitching about teams stealing their NT players but I just see it happen a lot with Brazilian and Argie players hence why I don't really like them. They seem they sell out to play for a team because they aren't good enough for their own team.
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Wth? Diego Costa feels Spanish, just because he's not born there it doesn't mean he's not Spanish. That is his new adopted home, he's been playing most of his pro career in Spain.

The Spain government has poured money into his training, their system has shaped him, and turned him into a star. That is his new home.

I mean so what if he was born in Brazil, his family is Brazilian, Portuguese is his first language?

He's Spanish. That's how he feels. It has nothing to do with money or sponsorship deals.

3. Thanks (2): Caecuban, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

What's the current length of time for a player to play in a country before he can be called up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    What do you guys think of this? I think it's kind of bullshit. Brazil is pissed that Diego Costa is playing for Spain and not them. No way does Spain have a better shot at winning the WC then Brazil does at home.

I mean the whole Gio Rossi thing pisses me off but I get why he did it. US has 0 chance of winning a WC.

But players who are like a 1/8th from a country are getting called up to US, Venezuela and other teams. Technically everyone in South America is from Portugal or Spain. So does that mean they can use our continent to get players like France calling dibs on all of fing Africa !!!

I saw some people bitching about teams stealing their NT players but I just see it happen a lot with Brazilian and Argie players hence why I don't really like them. They seem they sell out to play for a team because they aren't good enough for their own team.
    The fuck are you talking about? France calling dibs on all of Africa? Zidane, Desailly, Thuram, Ben Arfa, Benzema, Nasri, Sagna, Henry are all FRENCH.

The debate is interesting, but you're not looking at it from the right angle.

6. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Sevag

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    What's the current length of time for a player to play in a country before he can be called up?
    you can apply for citizenship after 5 years.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

8. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    The fuck are you talking about? France calling dibs on all of Africa? Zidane, Desailly, Thuram, Ben Arfa, Benzema, Nasri, Sagna, Henry are all FRENCH.

The debate is interesting, but you're not looking at it from the right angle.
    no they are not french.

adnan januzaj is not belgian neither.

I am not macedonian neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    no they are not french.

And I'm not Australian
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

11. Thanks (2): Howl, Wings

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    And I'm not Australian
    so you're a Kiwi?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

13. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    so you're a Kiwi?
    I don't know what I am now. Apparently, your place of birth isn't enough proof of your nationality.

15. Thanks (2): Howl, KevinB

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

Europe has many problems due to migration, why can't they benefit sometimes?

Diego Costa was smart. It is better to have some playing time in a team with lower chances of winning the World Cup than signing for a team with better chances and watching the whole tournament from the bench. I would have done the same.

And Brazilian Soccer Confederation (CBF) is just ridiculous about him losing Brazilian citizenship. Dumbasses.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

europe with USA and Australia is a completely different issue .
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

WE ARE ALL CITIZENS OF THE WORLD. GROUP HUG RIGHT NOW.
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter

europe with USA and Australia is a completely different issue .
    Why's that? Is it because there is a huge amount of water separating the countries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    WE ARE ALL CITIZENS OF THE WORLD. GROUP HUG RIGHT NOW.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Why's that? Is it because there is a huge amount of water separating the countries?

- - - Updated - - -

do i really have to answer how america and australia is different from asia,europe and africa?

they were occupied by europeans , colonized etc etc.

the only Americans IMO should be the natives, others are euro-americans, and afro americans.

21. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

So, 3 more years before Jonathan starts for Italy?

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    no they are not french.

I am not macedonian neither.
    Just because they aren't beret wearing baguette eating cyclists does not mean they are not french..
    Henry, for example, was born in France, lived there until he left for professional footballing reasons, etc.

Tell me, if he isn't french, what is he?

24. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Howl

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Henry is a cunt is what he is.

26. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Howl

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Wth? Diego Costa feels Spanish, just because he's not born there it doesn't mean he's not Spanish. That is his new adopted home, he's been playing most of his pro career in Spain.

The Spain government has poured money into his training, their system has shaped him, and turned him into a star. That is his new home.

I mean so what if he was born in Brazil, his family is Brazilian, Portuguese is his first language?

He's Spanish. That's how he feels. It has nothing to do with money or sponsorship deals.
    This alone is the reason why it's a waste of time to debate this topic with you and Pimpin. You just can't see the difference between this case and Januzaj or any other player who opted to play for the country of their birth and lived their entire life there.

28. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Howl, Wings

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

What are you talking about? Country of birth? Just because you were born somewhere it doesnt even mean you lived there for more than a few days. If I was born in Malaysia because my parents were on a transfer flight, it doesn't mean im malaysian. Home is where the heart is.

Spain is Diego Costa's home. He was never given the opportunity to play pro in Brazil, so he left as a teenager and grew up in Spain. This is his home, he feels Spanish, regardless of where his family is from.

The Spanish government poured money and invested in him as a player, he has benefited from their pro system, this is where he lives, his home. Just because he wasn't born there, it doesnt mean he doesnt love Spain.

Its clear this guy is in love with Spain, the country, its football, the culture. He feels Spanish, why are people hating on him?

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    What are you talking about? Country of birth? Just because you were born somewhere it doesnt even mean you lived there for more than a few days. If I was born in Malaysia because my parents were on a transfer flight, it doesn't mean im malaysian. Home is where the heart is.

Spain is Diego Costa's home. He was never given the opportunity to play pro in Brazil, so he left as a teenager and grew up in Spain. This is his home, he feels Spanish, regardless of where his family is from.

The Spanish government poured money and invested in him as a player, he has benefited from their pro system, this is where he lives, his home. Just because he wasn't born there, it doesnt mean he doesnt love Spain.

Its clear this guy is in love with Spain, the country, its football, the culture. He feels Spanish, why are people hating on him?
    Diego Costa left Brazil when he was 18 and that too to Portugal. Him playing for Brazil is even more retarded than Januzaj playing for England.

Birth place is important and also where you spent most of our life IMO.

Edit: Carry on. You sarcastic posts sucks btw.