Thread: Truly Inter are the most respectabe of the clubs

Jordan

Truly Inter are the most respectabe of the clubs

So i stumbled upon this article on goal.com's arabic website and i liked it so i took the time to (mediocrely) translate it and share it with you. the writer is called Hesham Yusuf. if you can read arabic just read the original it would be better than this.

Truly Inter are the most respectable of the clubs

A point of view
    A week ago -specifically last Saturday the ninth of November- I was waiting for an important event in the world of football, an event so different from all the machines and engines of modern professional football, this was the participation of the Argentinian tango star Javier Zanetti alongside his Inter Milan teammates against Livorno in the Italian league, the thing that made me write about the importance of this participation was that it happened after a 7 month absence due to an Achilles tendon injury he suffered last April.
    The thrill of this is not just about the capitano’s importance to the team or his willpower to return to the field after such a long time, but in the fact that “pupi” had just turned 40 years old three months ago and still the nerrazzuri management did not let him go knowing fully well the extent of his injury and its long recovery period.
    In all my three decades of following “the round enchantress” I have never seen a club keep a 40 year old player with a such serious injury that would take months to recover from, nevermind the fact the he is no unique attacker or indispensable goal scorer nor is he Zidane or Maradona.
    This is Inter the team that has amazed and impressed me with this bizarre act that has no more place in the emotionless coldhearted calculating modern world of football that is only interested in money and gain.
    So amidst all the harshness that has engulfed the world of football a flower has emerged from the lair of the snakes.
    Which is no strange thing for inter which had previously kept and supported Milito after his months of injury, and years before that had treated the Nigerian player Kanu after he transferred from Ajax and a heart defect was discovered in him.
    And for all who want confirmation of inter’s uniqueness in this nobleness and chivalry specifically in dealing with Zanetti’s case -unlike the other football giants- I will give some examples:
    Barcelona-Abidal,
    Arsenal-Eduardo da silva,
    Milan-Ambrozini,
    Real Madrid-Guti,
    Juventus-Del pierro,
    Manchester utd- hargreaves

Of course I’m not promoting the idea that big players should be kept as mummies in the team but I’m talking about respect for their contribution and providing a dignified departure that would save face for both parties.
    Some might think this is all coming from the mind and heart of a die hard inter fan, but the big surprise is that I don’t support them at all, not one bit, but noble ethics should be commended and all that is left is to point out that inter are extending Zanetti’s contract to the summer of 2015…so a thank you to the snakes, you are truly nobler than the rest.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    It's not something unique about Inter. ManUtd spent almost 3 years to bring Solskjaer to full fitness and he was 33 years old. What ManUtd did with Hargreaves was exceptional. No club would have paid his wages for 3 years doing nothing. Also what ManUtd are doing for Fletcher is amazing. There is only (maybe) 10% chances that Fletcher will be back to his full fitness but we haven't released him. We are doing everything to make him fit and on the other hand he is also coaching the reserves team.

Picking some worst case scenarios against Inter's best won't help. Also there isn't a 1% mistake on ManUtd part in the hargreaves case. His knees were fucked up and it was good to see ManUtd doing everything to help him before giving up. Also we did same thing with Saha..

If you want to argue Zanetti's case then compare with how ManUtd have treated Giggs, Scholes and Neville. When they were out for long spells they were given every chance to come back to full fitness. Also VDS.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Inter is unique. shut the fuck up monster.

Shit doesnt happen

4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, monster09, Zlat

Jordan

sorry monster, as i said i didn't write the article i just liked it and wanted to share it and tbh i don't follow man u news so i just assumed the writer would know his shit, but it is goal.com so i shouldn't have made that assumption, anyway it's still a nice article that made me proud to be an inter fan

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, monster09

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

well we do have the most respectable player in football on our team, zanetti

8. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

ah yes, Inter was especially respectable to Sneijder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    ah yes, Inter was especially respectable to Sneijder
    Ask Kanu.
    "Think quick,run faster and play faster" Helenio Herrera

11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya