Last thursday 12th was seen the draw for the 2014 Copa Libertadores.
More info in Spanish: http://www.infobae.com/2013/12/12/15...ertadores-2014
More info in English: http://soccerush.hol.es/2013/12/2014...es-the-draw-1/
This is how the draw panned out for the play-off's:
- ARGENTINA 5 will be Lanús, the Copa Sudamericana champions.
- CHILE 3 will be Universidad de Chile, winner of the "Liguilla Pre-Libertadores 2013"
This is how the draw panned out for the second round:
- BOLIVIA 2 will be "The Strongest", 2013 Apertura champions.
- PERU 1 will be Universitario de Deportes, the 2013 Descentralizado champions.
- PERU 2 will be Real Garcilaso, the 2013 Descentralizado runner-up.
- ARGENTINA 3 will be San Lorenzo, the 2013 Torneo Final champions.
The tournament will start on January 28 and will end after the World Cup in Brazil. Here is a detailed schedule of all the play-off and group stage matches:
Personally, I think that if Lanus can keep their team, they can battle for the title. Also, San Lorenzo has a very good team, an famous millionare vice-president, a pope (Francis) in the Church, and they are hungry for their first Libertadores (here in Argentina a lot of fans make fun of them because they never won a Libertadores. Even Argentinos's fans do it, because they won a Libertadores in 1985).
I just could not stand for another Brazilian victory, I would prefer a Mexican team to win it (although we all know it will never happen )