Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lampard/Terry

Lampard/Terry

what do you think for Lompard for me very good Player

Lampard play for Chelsea
    Interist 4life

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Last year he came in second only to a then red hot Henry for the best player in the EPL.This year he should have gotten that award but Terry got it instead,IMHO Lampard deserves it more.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Terry is starting to get in my nerves. I used to like him, but he is an overrated piece of crap. I mean come on, english media try and make him look like Maldini or Ayala. I am just waiting for the day he gets embarassed in WC2006 or whatever, when his team isn't ultra defensive.

Ziyad, I keep mixing you with wishmaster, you two have the same avatar. Show the kid who the Boss is and tell him to change his

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Lampard is so good!!!

He is better and better every year.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Lampard is a very good player. I've seen him play a few times, and he is superb. The newspaper report always mention his name. He scores goals with his right and left, and has mastered the art of volleying. Brilliant player.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed

Ziyad, I keep mixing you with wishmaster, you two have the same avatar. Show the kid who the Boss is and tell him to change his
    Now Now this is a democratic forum But now that wishmaster has heard the demands of the people i am sure he will be intelligent enough to change his avatar...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Syria

10 years of FIF
    overrated piece of crap
    thats it hamed, ive had it.

u never watch them play, yet u have the perfect opinion on all of them, thats just bloody way off. Speak for facts, not on your own personal hate. geez.

i might have to start skipping your posts soon.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I mean come on, english media try and make him look like Maldini or Ayala.
    Hehe again this urban legend that Ayala is one of the best, he's so overrated you can hardly believe it.

Lampard is a brilliant player, strong and most of all effective, he knows how to challenge and his runs forward are vital for Chelsea and England.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    u never watch them play, yet u have the perfect opinion on all of them, thats just bloody way off. Speak for facts, not on your own personal hate. geez.

i might have to start skipping your posts soon.
    Dear Helal, I have followed the EPL for 13 years now, since its inception in 92. Moreover, when I moved to Canada, the only soccer that I watched was EPL from 94-2000, I swear to you, only EPL soccer.

I followed Terry since his beginning, same with Lampard and Rio, since their Westham days. I am not speaking from nothing, I've watched the EPL in its glory days. When Beckham, A. Cole, Yorke, Keane, Giggs and Scholes were on fire. Since the Cantona, Ginola, Shearer with Blackburn days etc.

Trust me, I am not just basing my opinions on others' views or anything else. I stopped watching regularly now because thank God I can watch Serie A and La Liga now.

So, when I say Terry is overrated I mean it. I mean come on, all I see is Terry this Terry that. He is good, no question, but not as good as the media shows him to be.

This PFA player of the year is a travesty. Is he better than Lampard, Henry, Rio and some other players? NO. But he is getting the hype because poor England needs a player to carry the torch to the next decade now that Beckham is in his twilight days.

They are overhyping him to the point that I am starting to hate him. Maybe I shouldn't have called him a piece of crap, but I just can't stand this overhyping.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    I mean come on, english media try and make him look like Maldini or Ayala.
    Hehe again this urban legend that Ayala is one of the best, he's so overrated you can hardly believe it.
    Yeah, overrated. When you win La Liga twice with an average team that is weak offensively you are overrated. When you win La Liga twice while holding off the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Raul, Ronaldinho, Torres, Eto'o, Tristan, Pandiani etc. you are overrated.

When you get injured and then your team doesn't challenge for the title for the first time in three years you are overrated.

I am really dumbfounded, tell me where and how is Ayala overrated? Just because he failed with Milan, doesn't mean he is bad. Would you still call Desailly, Bierhoff, Vieira, Davids and Rivaldo bad players?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i dont care if u founded the EPL yourself. I dont care if you watched Chelsea since they were formed in 1905.

but 1 thing i do care about is, is how you can talk trash about a player who has been phenomanel for the past 2 seasons.

i wont argue cause i know what i see in his tackles, i know what i see when his talking to his defensive line, i see his clearences and most of all he deserved the PFA award.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    When a player is over-rated, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is a bad player but the media made him out to look good. If, let's say that Terry is 8.5 out of 10 as a defender but the media described him as God-like, gave him PFA of the Year award despite Henry's exploit and giving him 11 out of 10, that is also considered as over-rated.

For me, Terry IS over-rated but that is not saying that he is a bad defender. I'd love to have him beside Cordoba but saying that Terry is the best player of the season and that he is Sir Bobby Moore's reincarnation is certainly pushing it over the top.

Back to Lampard, I think ever since his move from West Ham, Lampard has continually constantly improve his game. He is not more involved in setting up & finishing plays and able to lead his midfield to stamp authority over the opposition. But I think his greatest improvement is his defensive game. I think he has been more disciplined and my guess is that Ranieri & Mourinho are largely responsible for that.

It's a shame though, for England that is, that Lampard & Gerrard are rising at the same time because they clashed with each other when used in the middle without a ball-winner. But if Gerrard goes to Chelsea and Lampard & Makelele stay, I think they will have, on paper, the most dominant midfield that I have ever seen.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Exactly Han. I never said Ayala was bad, he's ok, but putting him up there with Nesta is simply a joke to me...

I mean Roma won a Scudetto with Zebina, Zago and Lima, Lazio won a scudetto with Mihajlovic, are they so great?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    To be honest, I think Ayala is great too and he's definitely the cornerstone of Valencia's defence during their championship winning seasons. I can't remember his partner but it was somewhere in the mix of Pellegrino? Marchena? Angloma? I really can't remember but Ayala was definitely the outstanding defender of the team. Just like Samuel was for Roma and Nesta was for Lazio during their championship winning season.

Sorry for ruining your topic, Fat Frankie.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    i dont care if u founded the EPL yourself. I dont care if you watched Chelsea since they were formed in 1905.

but 1 thing i do care about is, is how you can talk trash about a player who has been phenomanel for the past 2 seasons.

i wont argue cause i know what i see in his tackles, i know what i see when his talking to his defensive line, i see his clearences and most of all he deserved the PFA award.
    Read my last post again, I said maybe I shouldn't have called him a piece of crap, but he is as overrated as hell.

10 years of FIF
    Bloody hell! I don't know is it possible to disagree more than I disagree right now, probably not. Ayala is one of the best defenders I have ever seen. Urban legend?! What in the world are you talking about? He is NOT widely considered one of the best even when he most definately should be. I would be so astonished if I would'nt have remembered that you are the same guy who thinks Michael Owen is one of the best strikers in Europe.

You have no idea of la Liga, right?

I'm sorry to be such agressive Frisko, but this is the only way to describe how strongly I feel about this subject

This year shows that he is the best in midfield i think... He can play forward and backwards very easily and rapidly...his skills improved a lot...
    FC INTERNAZIONALE,ETERNO AMORE...!!!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow
    Ayala is one of the best defenders I have ever seen.
    I hold the same opinion, for me he is better than Nesta, but most would giggle at that. Main reason is that Ayala was somewhat of a late-boomer, and Milan are to blame for hold him back and never giving him the full chance.

Also, he never played with a great team before. Now Valencia are a household name, but they weren't in his hay days. He is more than 30 yrs old now, and is sadly struggling with injuries.

Finally, he never had the supporting cast that Nesta enjoyed/enjoys. Nesta played with Couto, Sensi, Stam and now Maldini. Whom has Ayala partnered in his life? Ordinary defenders at best.

So that's in a nutshell why he is underrated, and some fans dimiss his talent and his status as one of the best ever. I remember once reading about him in an article, and the author said that Ayala was the most intimidating small man he's ever seen.

I watch the EPL week in week out and I live 20 odd minutes away from Stamford Bridge so don't accuse me of not watching him enough when I say....

Terry is overhyped BIG TIME, Rio and King are better and Henry should of won the player of the year award.

Terry isn't even the best defender at his club(Gallas) nor the best player(Lampard followed by Makelele)

Terry is good and overhyped doesn't mean you are a bad player, just not as good as the majority and the media makes out.

He just plays in a fantastic defensive unit and a great team, If he played at Spurs he'd be shown up for what he is.. a good defender but no way the best.
    \'\'Recoba is a amazing player. He\'s exceptional like a genius. If they\'re not there you don\'t realise. But if they are you realise what playing with a genius means\'\' - Massimo Moratti

10 years of FIF
    Love you Hamed