Let's go straight to the matter. I'm speaking from my perspective, of all the players I remember. It could be that I forgot a name here and there, but for that I have you guys to help me. Since it looks like Icardi and Belfodil are gone from Inter, I just had to write something about this.
I can count u23 attacking players (that they were u23 when they came here) on one hand that actually made some good contributions for Inter and were not sold in 2 years like with the most of the players that wander here.
1.Adriano was not bad, I guess, he was loaned and came back later. BUT AGAIN, THE INTER CURSE, PARTIES/GETTING FAT/LOSING HIS FATHER AND HIS CONFIDENCE - just choose one.
2.Balotelli (20 goals) came through the youth ranks to first play for Mancini and then under Mourinho, and was featured even in our legendary CL season. BUT HEY, THE INTER CURSE, HE WAS A TROUBLEMAKER.
3.Ronaldo is also u23, and was fucking awesome. BUT HEY, LOOK THERE, THE INTER CURSE, HE GOT INJURED, GOT FIXED FINALLY, BOSSED IN WC2002 AND WAS SOLD TO REAL.
4.Obafemi Martins - I liked him, he gave our attack some pace, was a boss in the youth selection and scored 28 goals for us, before being sold to Newcastle because we brought Crespo and Ibra. THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH HIM, COULD'VE SCORED MORE GOALS MAYBE, BUT OTHERWISE WE SHOULD'VE KEPT HIM. Yea?
So. Hm. Only four young attackers that actually had a good career at Inter, I dare to say Adriano's and Martins' best years were with us. What about others?
1. Icardi - he was a troublemaker at Barca, that's the official reason that he was sold. Promising talent that will get thrown out of Inter for the reason of liking milfs and not sharing with the asado clan.
2. Belfodil - it must be that red card. It has to do something with that and Mazzarri wanted to punish him, but instead this became a fucking farse where he gets even less minutes than Kovačić, and we already moan about him not playing enough. Another promising talent wasted.
3. Castaignos. We were not patient at all that season, and he got fucked in the ass. Nuff said.
4. Coutinho - I guess the Italian league wasn't for him and also Suarez&Sturridge&co. >>>>>>> any Inter combination in attack and midfield that he ever played, even the last Eto'o season. Too many immobile players, Cou needs players to make runs and to pass better than we did. Actually I never believed he would stay for long at Inter, and I'm glad he's at L'pool.
5. Destro, currently at Roma, not the best talent we ever had, but will be remembered as another bargain chip for another player that somehow failed at Inter. Oh well.
6. Livaja - kinda an asshole, but I know he's not that bad, but I guess we could put him in the category - fucked himself. WHY DO INTER CONSTANTLY FIND THESE YOUNG ASSHOLES???
7. Bessa - the Inter curse, he seemed very promising but will probably have legs made of glass for his whole career.
Sorry, not that good of a thread, looks more like a rant and I just mentioned the 'new ones', but you see my point - is it the Inter curse that we never have the patience and that we attract idiots? No wonder the Inter management likes old, proven attackers more, but is spending money for 29-30 year olds every year a good business model? No. Someday we will have to start trusting our youth players, like we gave Balotelli a chance. I'm sure that most of our young players are really not good enough for us, but usually we barely give anybody a chance, we just use them as bargain chips. We could save much money for quality signings if we had a better balance of youth and quality instead of just, if I may say again, using youth for bargain chips.
I understand that we sell all, not just the attacking players, but the attacking players really get the short end of the stick at Inter. Sure, some are idiots, which Inter really likes to attract, but mostly Inter fucks them in the ass one way or another.
Sorry for this, I guess I'm just disappointed and sleepy. I especially want to know what browha thinks of this 'Inter curse'.