Thread: Inter & young attacking players A.K.A. the Inter curse

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Inter & young attacking players A.K.A. the Inter curse

Let's go straight to the matter. I'm speaking from my perspective, of all the players I remember. It could be that I forgot a name here and there, but for that I have you guys to help me. Since it looks like Icardi and Belfodil are gone from Inter, I just had to write something about this.

I can count u23 attacking players (that they were u23 when they came here) on one hand that actually made some good contributions for Inter and were not sold in 2 years like with the most of the players that wander here.

1.Adriano was not bad, I guess, he was loaned and came back later. BUT AGAIN, THE INTER CURSE, PARTIES/GETTING FAT/LOSING HIS FATHER AND HIS CONFIDENCE - just choose one.
    2.Balotelli (20 goals) came through the youth ranks to first play for Mancini and then under Mourinho, and was featured even in our legendary CL season. BUT HEY, THE INTER CURSE, HE WAS A TROUBLEMAKER.
    3.Ronaldo is also u23, and was fucking awesome. BUT HEY, LOOK THERE, THE INTER CURSE, HE GOT INJURED, GOT FIXED FINALLY, BOSSED IN WC2002 AND WAS SOLD TO REAL.
    4.Obafemi Martins - I liked him, he gave our attack some pace, was a boss in the youth selection and scored 28 goals for us, before being sold to Newcastle because we brought Crespo and Ibra. THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH HIM, COULD'VE SCORED MORE GOALS MAYBE, BUT OTHERWISE WE SHOULD'VE KEPT HIM. Yea?

So. Hm. Only four young attackers that actually had a good career at Inter, I dare to say Adriano's and Martins' best years were with us. What about others?

1. Icardi - he was a troublemaker at Barca, that's the official reason that he was sold. Promising talent that will get thrown out of Inter for the reason of liking milfs and not sharing with the asado clan.
    2. Belfodil - it must be that red card. It has to do something with that and Mazzarri wanted to punish him, but instead this became a fucking farse where he gets even less minutes than Kovačić, and we already moan about him not playing enough. Another promising talent wasted.
    3. Castaignos. We were not patient at all that season, and he got fucked in the ass. Nuff said.
    4. Coutinho - I guess the Italian league wasn't for him and also Suarez&Sturridge&co. >>>>>>> any Inter combination in attack and midfield that he ever played, even the last Eto'o season. Too many immobile players, Cou needs players to make runs and to pass better than we did. Actually I never believed he would stay for long at Inter, and I'm glad he's at L'pool.
    5. Destro, currently at Roma, not the best talent we ever had, but will be remembered as another bargain chip for another player that somehow failed at Inter. Oh well.
    6. Livaja - kinda an asshole, but I know he's not that bad, but I guess we could put him in the category - fucked himself. WHY DO INTER CONSTANTLY FIND THESE YOUNG ASSHOLES???
    7. Bessa - the Inter curse, he seemed very promising but will probably have legs made of glass for his whole career.

Sorry, not that good of a thread, looks more like a rant and I just mentioned the 'new ones', but you see my point - is it the Inter curse that we never have the patience and that we attract idiots? No wonder the Inter management likes old, proven attackers more, but is spending money for 29-30 year olds every year a good business model? No. Someday we will have to start trusting our youth players, like we gave Balotelli a chance. I'm sure that most of our young players are really not good enough for us, but usually we barely give anybody a chance, we just use them as bargain chips. We could save much money for quality signings if we had a better balance of youth and quality instead of just, if I may say again, using youth for bargain chips.

I understand that we sell all, not just the attacking players, but the attacking players really get the short end of the stick at Inter. Sure, some are idiots, which Inter really likes to attract, but mostly Inter fucks them in the ass one way or another.

Sorry for this, I guess I'm just disappointed and sleepy. I especially want to know what browha thinks of this 'Inter curse'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (2): Devious, Guney

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Man, when I thought about it, some big clubs (obviously not City or PSG) have their own players that came from their ranks and are successful. Muller at Bayern quickly became an important part of the team, and is also usually the guy that can play anywhere in attack, so if anybody is missing, he can fill those shoes.

Or look at Gotze. He even helped Borussia Dortmund conquer Bundesliga....while being very young.

I don't even have to mention Barcelona & Arsenal. Fuck it, even fucking Real Madrid uses a lot of their young players right now and had Higuain brought in, who was younger than 20 years and scored more than 100 goals for Real.

Why can't we ever promote youth like that?
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

4. Thanks (2): Devious, Guney

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Good point. I wrote an article a few years back about how we always have good strikers but they were already established before joining us. Vieri, Milito, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic; they were all household names and were very successful for us.

One thing I disagree about is Martins though. He was one of my favorite players back then but even I cannot defend his performances in 05/06. Not sure if you remember but he first came about in 02/03, was a good sub in 03/04, broke out in 04/05 with 22 goals and we decided to promote him as Adriano's main strike partner in 05/06. But he was massively disappointing. He literally was too fast for his own brain. A bit harsh that we sold him after 1 season but he was just that bad in 05/06.

Guess we should stop buying the Icardis & Belfodils, and stick with the Borriellos, Vucinics and Flocarris.

6. Thanks (2): Guney, wera

Marshall Islands

Well Moratti loved buying the big-name forwards. And usually those forwards were usually already established names – Ronaldo, Vieri, Ibrahimovic.

8. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Castaignos holds a small portion of blame also. He refused a loan move that could have benefited him to adapt with the league at a time of discord and managerial instability at the club.

Fav. Player
    samuel etoo

Australia

arunautovic ?
    quality midguueiitsers

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Fiji

I don't think it's fair to say "look at Gotze or Messi, how it paid off Dortmund and Barcelona", considering both players are EXTREMELY talented, simply one in a million in terms of talent and technique; it's worth noting most Primavera footballers amount to nothing, retiring before the age of 23, or plying their trade in Serie D or Eccelenza.

Simply pushing Primavera prospects to play regularly in the first team isn't the way to go, but neglecting the youth project isn't right either. What we should aspire towards is signing (eg.) Bruma or Berardi instead of Nani, Quintero/Goretzka instead of Hernanes etc

Focusing on CHEAP TALENTED YOUTH more than anything else; it's easier said that done, but my point still remains valid

It's the lack of a coherent VISION or PHILOSOPHY that's driving this club into a hole.

12. Thanks (2): Guney, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Yeah. It's fucking scary when you think about it.

Fav. Player
    CRUZ & CHINO

Netherlands

What was wrong with Castaignos? I read in a Dutch newspaper that he wanted to get loaned out to his former club Feyenoord, but Inter wanted a different club. What club?
    Last edited by Guney; 30 Jan 14 at 21:31. Reason: fuck the system
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    A potential Kovacic sale would completely undo the positive in signing Kondogbia.

LA GRANDE FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    -------------Handoyo#1
    -----fifi#23--------Dylan#25------JJM#5
    Rasha#2------------------------Pajo#55
    ----browha#88--Devious#19--Guney#10
    DomesticatedPimp#9-Verathia#8

bench: HugoBoss#14,ElDuccio#35,Y&h#11,Wallace#18,militosc ores#22
    ,Lionfap#7,Alan#17,Shaun#16,Fitzy#33,I4E#4,KevinB# 20,Nyall#13,Sokrates#6,#21Uni,crzd#77
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Guney for president
    so when is this youth project starting

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Was just kidding mate. Inter will teach you to take a black dick in the butt and not moaning much, well, maybe alittle bit, but not so much.

I mean you`ll grow tougher, smarter, gayer, troller and more stubborn.

Welcome to the Inter world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    Congrats, you get a drunk post from me (yay autocorrect))
    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...45#post1191245

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    I love how fucked up we are.

It's what i love about us.

That and Fuck Branca
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by guneyinter View Post
    What was wrong with Castaignos? I read in a Dutch newspaper that he wanted to get loaned out to his former club Feyenoord, but Inter wanted a different club. What club?
    Any italian club. He refused few Italian clubs to go to Feyenoord.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    yep. Inter wanted to send him on loan to an Italian club, he said he wanted to go to Feyenoord if he had to go on loan, which is pretty reasonable to me tbh.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    yep. Inter wanted to send him on loan to an Italian club, he said he wanted to go to Feyenoord if he had to go on loan, which is pretty reasonable to me tbh.
    Inter wanted him to adapt to Serie A.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Federated States of Micronesia

Nicola Ventola?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Good point. I wrote an article a few years back about how we always have good strikers but they were already established before joining us. Vieri, Milito, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic; they were all household names and were very successful for us.
    Being the boss around here doesnt give you the right to steal wera`s thunder. That`s his baby, he invented this point, it`s not anyone`s else. period.

Shit doesnt happen

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Devious

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think about this. browha and some others always remind people how Inter never thinks ahead or at least it doesn't look like it

Fav. Player
    samuel etoo

Australia

I miss obefami martins. He was a gun, an absolute beast despite his poor finishing skills.
    quality midguueiitsers