Thread: Giuseppe Prisco

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF

Giuseppe Prisco

what was the famous quote he said about juve beeing relegated?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Is it "Io non rubo il campionato, in serie B non son mai stato" - "I don't steal the championship, I've never been relegated"?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    that to...but i am sure he said something about juve beeing relegeated and how the rules will change...or something like that

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Famous quote from the legendary Peppino:

"When I shake a juventino's hand, I count my fingers"

"The greatest joy? Easy. Milan in B. And not once, but twice. Once after paying, once for free. I think that each time you go in Serie B, it's like losing 5 scudetti".

"Hope for the future? I'd love someone to see me in the streets and shout at me: Peppino champion of Italy! I dream about the scudetto. And, since we're at it, Milan in B again."

During a meeting, in front of 300 people the Monday after a Milan v Inter 0-3 in Serie A 1997-98:
    "Before I contribute to the debate, I'm asking you to stand up, for a very serious moment. We have to commemorate something. (At this moment everyone stood up, feeling a bit worried). Now, what I want to say is: Who don't jump is a rossonero!"

"Inter was born by the defecting associates from AC Milan. That shows you how far you can go starting from nothing"

22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    "Inter was born by the defecting associates from AC Milan. That shows you how far you can go starting from nothing"

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko

I luv that one too...this guy was a legend.Please post more of his quotes.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Heh those are some great quotes, especially this one:

"The greatest joy? Easy. Milan in B. And not once, but twice. Once after paying, once for free. I think that each time you go in Serie B, it's like losing 5 scudetti"

I sorry but I guess I haven't been a fan of Inter for that long to know who that guy is.
    FC Inter is the name, football is the game. Adriano is the man, winning is our aim. Juve and Milan are lame, Sheva is the gay.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Forgive me if I sound stupid, but who is this guy?

BTW, I love his quotes. Beautiful stuff.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Giuseppe 'Peppino' Prisco, a longtime Inter vice-president and a prominent lawyer in Milano. He became a figure known throughout Italy for his raspy voice and dry humour but Milan fans, contrary to a popularly held view, did not always share his penchant for ridiculing everything that to him smelt like rossonero.

Prisco died a few years ago (2001) and no one picked up his legacy, which would have been needed by Inter in those times of glorious failures while Milan were building up steam.

Paolo Maldini commented that "beating Inter in the derby without Prisco, will never be the same".

Giuseppe `Peppino“ Prisco.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Paolo Maldini commented that "beating Inter in the derby without Prisco, will never be the same".

Giuseppe `Peppino“ Prisco. [/quote]

what a nice one by Maldini..
    MY LIFE IS INTER

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Just a question for the veterans and posting encyclopedias, how come he gets so famous and stands out between all Interisti? If it was just because of the quotes, there are a lot of great ones in this forum too!

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Indeed, I think it was the fact that a vice president with such an important job was making these remarks. Anyway:

GOD BLESS PRISCO!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Just a question for the veterans and posting encyclopedias, how come he gets so famous and stands out between all Interisti? If it was just because of the quotes, there are a lot of great ones in this forum too!

Handyo
    Simply because nobody in the Inter society that is famous is willing to take cheap shots at Milan. Everybody these days are more concerned about the friendly rivalry with Il Rossoneri than anything else. Prisco can be said to be one of the last of his generation that hated Milan to the core, and dared to say something about it.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Prisco was a little, elderly man, but his wit was simply legendary. He always seemed so quiet and then he could hit you like a freaking tank.

I think that he's become such a legend among Inter fans and football lovers in general because he was a very important guy, elderly too, but he always said what was in his mind, and his humour was simply great.

A true Inter fan.

What Maldini said was very moving, hats down to him.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Simply because nobody in the Inter society that is famous is willing to take cheap shots at Milan. Everybody these days are more concerned about the friendly rivalry with Il Rossoneri than anything else. Prisco can be said to be one of the last of his generation that hated Milan to the core, and dared to say something about it.
    Well, they should brace themselves for me. But there is one catch, how can be famous? Any suggestions?

Well, they should brace themselves for me. But there is one catch, how can be famous? Any suggestions?
    I don't know...kill someone?
    FC Inter is the name, football is the game. Adriano is the man, winning is our aim. Juve and Milan are lame, Sheva is the gay.

from ESPNSoccernet.com

"One last vestige of that mentality was perhaps Giuseppe 'Peppino' Prisco, a longtime Inter vice-president and a prominent lawyer in Milano. He became a figure known throughout Italy for his raspy voice and dry humour but Milan fans, contrary to a popularly held view, did not ALWAYS share his penchant for ridiculing everything that to him smelt like rossonero."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Be the next fan to throw a scooter off the railings and you'll be insta-famous. I guarantee that.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Here are some more legendary quotes by Peppino:

"Prediction for Milan-Ascoli? I wouldn't know, I don't follow lower-league football."

"Milan? I have serious fears that they will stay in Serie A this season."

"Juve is an illness that does not permit a man to get out of infancy"
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!