Thread: The Inter Dilemma

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster

The Inter Dilemma

No one is more pissed at the whole team right now than me, but I`ll try to process this situation objectively as much as I can.

Kovacic is a very talented young kid but he is also a very very young player, kid hasnt even hit the 20 years old, add to that he really ashnt been so involved in our season so much as he was usually used as a sub and not a starter. I can only count the times in one hand since the start of the season that he actually was picked as a starter. He needs to start way more games than this if we are going to ever put some serious blame on him for a lousy performance, not that he needs only experience, not to mention in arguably the hardest league tactically speaking, but we also need not to judge a kid who hardly got enough minutes with his team mates to start building some chemistery and connection with the players surrounding him.

I can not blame him for yesterday`s performance, but I also can not blame Mazzarri -just in this point- for starting him in this game after long time for not using him regualry, it was a situation that was forced upon us, we really had no alternatives out there, we lack depth that`s obvious, without Guarin and newly justified purchased Hernanes, we basically lost the midfield battle before it even begins to a more experienced players who`s been winning the league for the past couple of years, Taider is 21 for God`s sake, Kova is 19, they are talented and promising, but putting them vs Pirlo, Vidal and Podga is not actually a match, tbh I was actually a bit surprised to see us having some serious possession alot of time in the game, and specially after we fielded another striker and Botta in miefield, if we re abit lucky we might have snatched yet another goal and might have equalized! but to do this we dont need just talent, we need experience, something we lacked all over. I even forgot to mention that we lacked our only experienced midfielder in this duel which is Cambiasso due to an injury, so there were no chance to get any result with that midfield.

I concentrated on the midfield cause I certainly believe it is the backbone of any team and the brain of of it, if you have a balanced and strong midfield, it`ll help cover the defense and help supporting the attack, if not, the all organization would fall apart, even if you had world class defenders and even perfect FWs.

The other thing I wanted to highlight is the philosophy that our team seems to adopt for reasons that are as well out of our control. It seems we try hard to maintain possession by passing the ball around safely into the next free guy`s feet, we can continue doing this forever, literally, but this kind of philosophy gives you the disadvantage of becoming completely toothless, what I like to call a negative possession, cause we really cant score goals like that because in order to score goals you have to take chances, make a 1-2 or a triple fast passes deep in the middle, an overlap, dribble past a defender or two and immediately pass the ball and run forward to exploit the space through the defense, or even use the space exploited for a crucial through pass or even take a shot that might deflect and heads to another one of your team mate to shot again or even win a corner, simply like any attacking minded team does. But obviously and simply we do not -well until the moment we bought Hernanes and discovered Botta- have the creative players with such abilities to "create" and think fast to perform such acts that eventually win you games by help scoring alot of goals.

Kova and Alvarez are really excellent players on the ball, however once they deliver the ball they do not run into spaces, they are not as good off the ball. On the contrary, we have/had Guarin who could seem literally clueless on the ball, his only resolution is 1- shoot the ball and 2- push forward using you bully physicality. But also now we have Hernenes, who is amazingly great both on and off the ball, not to mention his astonishing free kick abilities, a thing we`ve missed for a very log time really. And now for the last 3 games or so we have been introduced to another quality midfielder, in my humble opinion, Botta, who seem to know his way around the pitch really, his first touch seem to be world class promising, if I can put it that way, his movement off and on the ball looks to be as impressive, and above all, he seem to have alot of confidence, the moment Ive seen him constructing our players to where to move and where to pass by shouting and pointing his fingers at them, I was like where were you all my life??

Bottom line is, right now, at this moment, I can see a combination of players we possess that can be used to make a perfect midfield, which naturally lead to a strong defense and attack. But the question remains, how Mazzarri is going to use them? Lately he gave an important announcement that he might consider changing his tactics in order to improve the team, so is he really ready to change his all life approach of the game by using his 3-5-2 formation and try to force the players to process an impossible tactic that does not by any chance suit the players that we have? He once said that the tactics he uses is the one that juBe has won the league with for many years, but doesnt he know that it is the very same tactic that has been overwhelmed from a midtable teams of other leagues in the CL? Isnt he aware of the fact that really any lame tactic whether the one of juBe`s, or even any other similar outdated formation, all might be used vs the domestic much weaker teams as in the Serie A, and he could still win over them all just because of the quality players he has and how much these players are accustomed to the tactic? Does Mazzarri really think that it is a tactician superiority watching the team give the ball to Alvarez, Nagatomo or Jonathan and hope they beat 2-3 defenders before finding 1 or only 2 men in the box, pump useless long balls to Palacio and hope he beats 2 defenders and creates something out of nothing, attack with only 4 players, where nobody makes vertical runs from midfield beyond Palacio to stretch the opposition.. all this and more, does he call this success? Isnt one goal from open play in the first 2 months of 2014 speaks volumes??

So after what we`ve been through he must at least admit that our players cant make a good thing out of the 3-5-1-1, evidently, just once he changes this tactic in the middle of the game, Inter dramatically changes into another whole team. The moment he fields a FW instead of another useless midfielder that is only used as a jam factor in the midfield, just the moment he fields another striker, the opposite team, always and no matter how strong they are, are forced to draw back to cover the additional spaces this new striker of ours as created. Then the moment he switched into 4 backs and fields another attacking midfielder, boom! we are in complete control of the game, literally! Did he not see that? I certainly hope that he does, but more importantly, I wish that someone from the management, whether it`s Moratti or Thohir, start put some pressure on him to cange the tactics, I mean they have always done that with previous coaches, why the fuck would you stop now? we needed this more than ever, specially that Im concerned that Mr Mazzarri is not really willing to change his mind any time soon.

But we`ve absolutely nothing now but time, we dont have CL dreams, we are not really interested in the EL, and we cant dream ending this season with any perk but trying to take advantage of the remaining weeks as it is all a very long pre-season`s session, we should start from now to prepare for the 2014/15 season, and to do that we must and we should start doing the right thing, Im not saying we should do everything Ive suggested, Im in no position to simply give advices to our managements and players for what they should do, Im not an inside man who knows the things that only coaches and players know, Im merely speaking theoretically, Im not even gona draw the formations or to suggest tactics or who should play or who shouldnt, I can only give guidelines based on what I see and the little data Im informed with as an Inter fan. But since the results and the outcome of our project at Inter is really not promising at all, then we might have to make some dramatic changes, starting from the tactics we use, then with the players we rely on, and how we use them and what philosophy we should adopt approaching every game. We seriously have nothing else to lose. I just wish the guys in charge now start having some balls and make the changes that must be done starting from now.

Im always optimistic, even when Im entirely pissed off, I think it`s one way of how I manage to troll myself, but I truly believe Inter can find the way out of this crisis as soon as starting from next week`s fixture vs Sassuolo, and all until the beginning of the next season, with trial and error using the right mentality, we can start a new season very strong and we can end it suprisingly pleased.

The raw material is there, you just have to bet on it.

Shit doesnt happen

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    STOP OPENING THREADS DEVIFAP! You are a banned man walking! You have let us down & I'm sho' the cats had enough of yo' shit too!

Good piece though.
    Last edited by Lionheart; 03 Feb 14 at 12:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I agree, recently, when thinking of what our lineup should be I'm really pissed that we can't field more than 11 players and that's some great news.

I think it's no secret that the midfield is the most important element of the football equation, the buffer of play. And now, we have: Botta, Kovacic, Alvarez, Guarin, Hernanes, Cambiasso, Taider. Those are seven quality players for 3/4 positions.

Botta AM
    Alvarez CM AM
    Hernanes CM AM
    Guarin B2B
    Taider B2B
    Kovacic CM DLP
    Cambiasso DM CM

Icardi----------
    -----------Palacio

Nagatomo - Taider - Hernanes - Guarin - D'Ambrosio

Juan - Rolando - Campa

Handanovic

I think that's what I would use. Depending of form, fatigue, result, etc. we can use Kovacic, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Botta and be quite sure we don't lose any quality.

Fav. Player
    CRUZ & CHINO

Netherlands

Rolando saved your ass from a permanent ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    A potential Kovacic sale would completely undo the positive in signing Kondogbia.

LA GRANDE FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    -------------Handoyo#1
    -----fifi#23--------Dylan#25------JJM#5
    Rasha#2------------------------Pajo#55
    ----browha#88--Devious#19--Guney#10
    DomesticatedPimp#9-Verathia#8

bench: HugoBoss#14,ElDuccio#35,Y&h#11,Wallace#18,militosc ores#22
    ,Lionfap#7,Alan#17,Shaun#16,Fitzy#33,I4E#4,KevinB# 20,Nyall#13,Sokrates#6,#21Uni,crzd#77
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Guney for president
    so when is this youth project starting

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Was just kidding mate. Inter will teach you to take a black dick in the butt and not moaning much, well, maybe alittle bit, but not so much.

I mean you`ll grow tougher, smarter, gayer, troller and more stubborn.

Welcome to the Inter world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    Congrats, you get a drunk post from me (yay autocorrect))
    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...45#post1191245

Japan

Everytime I visit an essay thread, seeing tons of text from FIF experts, suddenly I don't know what to do anymore so I decided to thank all the posts.

6. Thanks (3): Devious, Guney, JJM

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ffi201zi002tlis View Post
    Everytime I visit an essay thread, seeing tons of text from FIF experts, suddenly I don't know what to do anymore so I decided to thank all the posts.
    I'm concluding that you're something like the opposite of a thank whore.

8. Thanks (3): Devious, Ffi201zi002tlis, JJM

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Transfermarkt values for teams

1. Juventus 347 million
    2. Napoli 253 million
    3. Inter 231 million
    4. Milan 228 million
    5. Fiorentina 201 million
    6. Roma 187 million

Top 4 teams in the world:

1. Barcelona 558 million
    2. Real Madrid 571 million
    3. Bayern 484 million
    4. Man City 451 million

Crappy squad? Or transfermarkt is completely wrong.

The funny thing is transfermarkt value predicted every team last year from 1 to 7 in Serie A, and we were the only anomaly.

10. Thanks (2): Devious, Ffi201zi002tlis

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post

Tbh, I'd drop the 3 men defense.

-------------------------- Handanovic ------------------------
    D'Ambrosio -------- Ranocchia ------ Juan/Rol -------- Nagatomo/Juan
    ------------- Guarin ---------- Taider ----- Kovacic -----------
    ------------------------------ Hernanes -----------------------
    -------------------- Palacio ------------ Icardi ----------------

A balanced, strong midfield, creative AM.

Guarin who uses his power and strenght to win duels, along Taider who covers ground and takes on opponents (with Guarin), Kovacic focussing on getting the ball forward using his creativity and runs. And Hernanes who can drop the ball to Palacio/Icardi.

Also, Taider to cover Naga/D'Ambrosio when they run forwards for a cross.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Marshall Islands

Don't really think 4-3-1-2 is much better than what we have now. Maybe if you had Palacio drift to the left.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Transfermarkt values for teams

1. Juventus 347 million
    2. Napoli 253 million
    3. Inter 231 million
    4. Milan 228 million
    5. Fiorentina 201 million
    6. Roma 187 million

Top 4 teams in the world:

1. Barcelona 558 million
    2. Real Madrid 571 million
    3. Bayern 484 million
    4. Man City 451 million

Crappy squad? Or transfermarkt is completely wrong.

The funny thing is transfermarkt value predicted every team last year from 1 to 7 in Serie A, and we were the only anomaly.
    558 is a bigger number than 571?

Also, according them Guarin is worth 18m, while Strootman is worth 20. Not sure how that works. Plus Roma's squad price is significantly smaller due to the fact that they've only got 24 players.

Also, Mariga is worth 2m, and Dodo is worth 1.5? Napoli - Supposedly Behrami is worth 16m? That site's values don't mean too much to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

14. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Don't really think 4-3-1-2 is much better than what we have now. Maybe if you had Palacio drift to the left.
    4-3-1-2 isn't bad if guaro & kova are allowed to push up, however that'll never happen under the ultra defensive mindset every coach seems to have here

Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    4-3-1-2 isn't bad if guaro & kova are allowed to push up, however that'll never happen under the ultra defensive mindset every coach seems to have here
    The bigger problem with 4-3-1-2 generally is a lack of width. Especially with so many teams now playing wingbacks instead of fullbacks.

Federated States of Micronesia

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    The bigger problem with 4-3-1-2 generally is a lack of width. Especially with so many teams now playing wingbacks instead of fullbacks.
    We just not that dangerous from the wing, especially when our defensive winger drop their performance recently.

I think if we play 4 defence formation, we will able to accommodate more creative player in midfield (Hernanes, Kovacic, Taider, Alvarez and maybe Guaro), without sacrificing much in defence, such as a single centre forward being marked by our three defender, or the usual crack by leaving holes that usually leaves by Juan and Campagnaro when they play as defensive midfielder role in attacking phase, leaving central defender alone at the back. Differs with Juve's 3 man back line where left and right central defender keep their pos while central defender(bonucci) play as deep laying playmaker.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Why not 4231 ... Fits well with our team with the only thing we need are proper fullbacks and wingers but we have people that can be played in that position.

Also Laudrop has just been sacked today. Might be seeing him here altho he isn't my first choice
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    558 is a bigger number than 571?

Also, according them Guarin is worth 18m, while Strootman is worth 20. Not sure how that works. Plus Roma's squad price is significantly smaller due to the fact that they've only got 24 players.

Also, Mariga is worth 2m, and Dodo is worth 1.5? Napoli - Supposedly Behrami is worth 16m? That site's values don't mean too much to me.
    Shaun you're getting too caught up on the technicalities. Some players are overvalued, some under valued, it evens out in the end. They're not considering wages, or situations with clubs, just their quality on the pitch. An in form Guarin might more like 15m instead of 18, but Kova would go for way higher than 15m. There is a margin of error for everything. Im saying just look at the rough values.

But it's not a coincidence that the 3 most expensive teams make the CL semifinals year after year. Bayern would be highest but their best players are around 30.

And last year as I said, the Serie A rankings were perfect from 1 to 7 based on their market values, except Inter. It's not a coincidence.

20. Thanks (2): pier, victor_inter

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    I guess your point was that we don't have a crappy squad which I do agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    samuel etoo

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'm concluding that you're something like the opposite of a thank whore.
    Thank shagger?
    quality midguueiitsers