Thread: Inter vs Siena Report

Inter vs Siena Report

Hello Interfriends,

I have been out of the loop in the last weeks after our Champions League exit.. Busy with work and such, but this morning I was able to wake up and watch the match between Inter and Siena and greeted with a win. The 2-0 result and the three points should help to secure 3rd place in the league and the fine performance today should give some confidence to the squad in the final stage of the season.

It was all positives today as Inter scored in only the second minute of play as Martins won a penalty that Cruz converted. The match saw the return of Vieri who scored the second goal, the defence did not give up many chances, Veron and Cambiasso did great in the middle and the final 10 minutes marked the return of Adriano.

It was all to simple today for Inter as Siena was no match. From the kickoff Siena were on the back foot and when Martins runs to intercept a back pass from a defender he beats the keeper to the ball and was fouled giving Inter a penalty with only minutes gone. Cruz steps up and puts the ball into the opposite corner to make it 1-0. Credit must be given to the striker who has taken his chances well and scored 5 goals in his last 7 games.

Inter keep the pressure on and come close many times to getting the second. Both Martins and Cruz miss golden chances to score another in the first 15 minutes but could not find the net. Inter came from all angles today with support from the midfield who had Veron playing central along side Cambiasso with Karagounis and Kily playing wide.

Siena really only had one attack in the first half as Chiesa gets on a through ball but his shot was met by Toldo who rushed out the box and stopped it with his thigh. There was some protest that Toldo handled the ball outside the area but replays show it was his leg.

Veron did well in the midfield to distribute balls and control the tempo. Cruz pulls a muscle and Mancini is forced to bring on Vieri early but the move pays off as at the 31st minute Kily makes a run down the line and sends a perfect cross to the far post where Vieri heads past the keeper to make it 2-0 after being on the pitch only seven minutes.

The game pretty much ends at that point with Siena having very little answers to Inter who continue to go forward but also do not push up defenders and leave Cambiasso deep to stop any counter attacks.

Not much else to report in the second half as Siena do get back into the game somewhat as Inter ease off the gas pedal and Siena bring on Maccarone to help out in attack. A few chances came Siena's way but they were half chances at best that did not trouble Toldo. Martins uses his pace to find the third goal but seemed to do everything right except hit the net and his day was done with 10 minutes left. Adriano comes on for Martins after his injury spell to the delight of crowd until the final whistle.

Eddy

Grazie for the report, Eddy!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Another great report by Eddy. Couldn't thank you enough.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

great report eddy, yeah, i was wondering where u were..., my office has blocked any sport webpage, but they dont block this forum
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by cool_emre
    my office has blocked any sport webpage, but they dont block this forum
    Is that real? I saw recently in the news some companies complaining that their employees are wasting more than 30 min a day checking non-work related stuff in the internet

Work Sux, more to living freely

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Sadly, my monitor is completely exposed to my seniors.

Welcome back, Signor Eddy!

Handyo

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Is that real? I saw recently in the news some companies complaining that their employees are wasting more than 30 min a day checking non-work related stuff in the internet

Only 30 minutes !!!
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed

Only 30 minutes !!!
    That's in the west, I don't know about Bahrain, but it's legendary in Saudi. I am not exaggerating, but if you add the time some workers actually do work, it won't top 1 hour!!!

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I actually only check things one or twice a week and that doesnt take more than 5 minutes...also when i have finished everything else.(just incase the boss is an inter forum member)

No but i do know what u mean it can get crazy,i work for a communication company and for some odd reason i think they can track that...

Plus i am the ultimate pro at work..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Plus i am the ultimate pro at work..
    Then I am the anti-Ziyad for I am the ultimate slacker at work.

Handyo