Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1073

Thread: Game of Thrones [BOOKS SPOILER]

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    You haven't been paying attention if you think there were no hints to her losing her mind before this season. When she executed Sam's brother she crossed a line that she couldn't walk back.

Her megalomania had been on display ever since Khal Drogo's death

Spoiler:  
    The show producers were so clueless that they even added Danny's facial reactions to what happened on the previous episode, when it didn't happen! Did you notice that?

And Sam's brother didn't he refuse to bend the knee?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

2. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    4, 10

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    You haven't been paying attention if you think there were no hints to her losing her mind before this season. When she executed Sam's brother she crossed a line that she couldn't walk back.

Her megalomania had been on display ever since Khal Drogo's death

But at the same time she has always emphasized to protect the common people and innocent. Her committing genocide really is not consistent with her character. Yes, she torches people from time to time, but do D&D really want to tell me that Dany regresses as much as to become her father?! Give it more time, build up that mad queen arc slowly and I would have bought it, but the way it played out... man, this is just bad, bad writing.

4. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Jon Snow turning out to be a secret Targ, Cersei killing Missandei (who was an underwhelming part of the show), a lot of people not trusting her...

The signs are there, it's just the execution that was lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

The traits were there, but as Geza said it was a bad writing. They should have bring slowly the transformation from the breaker of the chains to the mad queen.

I know many are disappointed, but I hope you didn't expect a telenovela or soap opera, with happy ending. Probably that was never the case (there was enough satisfaction: Ramsey and Jeffrey).

What bother me is the regressing of a few characters (Varys, Tyrion, even Euron) and more than that all the battles. I expected way more!
    Why present the Golden company as a game changer and they turn out to be only suckers. I try to imagine with whom can I compare the golden company chief. I thought of Spalletti or Vecino, but I believe he is a J.Mario.
    Why the scorpion are so dangerous in one episode and so useless in the other?
    And the Knight King to die like the last fucker? Really!

7. Thanks (1): Toninu

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Golden company was presented like Gabigol.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    And was just as impactful on the field.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

10. Thanks (3): GenDire, MVD, Toninu

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Yes, Gabigol! I forgot this useless cunt! The best analogy: overhyped, expensive and totally shit!

What about the scorpions! They were also like ace in the sleeve! They seemed a perfect weapon at the beginning, but after that also useless!
    It's like a player who have a few excellent games, is considered the next big things, but after that is fucking useless!

12. Thanks (1): Toninu

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    What about Bran?
    They decided to make Bran a character which won't use his knowledge to any good. And he doesn't want his right to rule Winterfell. I don't know what options he has left.

14. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

What I hate a lot is that danny wasn't even pushed by Cersei to burn the city, the war was won!
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

16. Thanks (1): DIN011

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I suspect D&D were running out of quality material and hence the only way to maintain pace was to end things quickly. Which is largely the cause of all the disappointment (the night king dying too easily, Khaleesi becoming mad quite abruptly, etc). I blame GRRM, that fat fuck hasn't written the next book for a while now. I am sure D&D were expecting the final books will be out by the time they reach the finale.

As an avid fantasy reader, I have been reading A Song of Ice & Fire since the late 90s, and its been a very frustrating ride. Even more than A Wheel of Time, where the story started moving too slowly with each book but at least Jordan kept writing until he died. GRRM's last book in this series was 8 years ago. 8 fucking years. That is just unacceptable. Just like that other fat fuck Patrick Rothfuss (whose The Kingkiller Chronicle is incidentally being made into films), what the fuck is wrong with writers these days?!!

18. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

With GRRM, helping with the show took a chunk of his time, he also wanted to write The World of Ice and Fire (pretty good) and Fire & Blood (haven't read yet). Also he used to have Ty Franck to help him with random minute details like "is this character still alive?". as long as we get the Winds of Winter, which is apparently as bloody as A Storm of Swords, I'll be happy. I really doubt we will get the last book tho. It's probably already very hard for him to get rid of certain characters, but that's the kind of books he is writing. Tough tits.

With Patrick Rothfuss it's depression. I will not begrudge him anything. Depression is a bitch. His stories are amazing, he has the prettiest writing style, you can see a lot of work goes into his work.
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    As wera says, I imagine some of his time and attention is diverted towards the show.

A friend told me that from the very beginning, it was the plan of the show writers to have a total show run time of around 75 hours. I don't know why they would lock themselves into such a specific time frame to conclude their series but apparently they were dead set about it.

If that's the case, they fucked themselves from the very beginning by starting so slowly. If they wanted to match their projected length, they needed to begin at a higher tempo to keep things consistent and believable.

It's no coincidence that the first season was my favorite by a huge margin, and everything after season 4 seemed like a mess (and only accelerating every season.) If they kept the tempo of season 1 throughout the entire series, they'd probably have to produce 14 seasons. If the quality was maintained, I wouldn't have complained, but logistically it's hard to maintain production of such a huge scale show for very long (even with a massive budget). And it's common for actors/directors to want to take new projects and shit.

Anyway, I've never even touched the books and I honestly don't plan to. But I hear (from the same mate who's very into fantasy n sci fi) that the 6th book that Bluenine mentions isn't even finished yet, let alone the one after that.

Not to be crude but that fat cunt is 10000000% going to die before that final Ice & fire book is finished.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

21. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

But if he does manage to write both books, I would recommend reading. I get a lot of enjoyment from reading his books.

23. Thanks (2): bjwam4, Kev9Inter

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I only read hentai
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Wait until you read about Samwell's pink mast

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    My prediction for the last episode.

We all saw Khaleesi go nuts, she eventually sits on the throne only to be killed by Her nephew/lover in the same style Jon Snow was killed. Coming full circle for almost all the major characters.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I am so fascinated that the show put the Braavos bank in just so Cersei can have the Golden Company, which dies in 15 seconds. Amazing writing.

All the set up that Bank of Braavos buys Faceless Men for people that don't pay up ... Down the drain.

28. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, nurko

Macedonia

All the set up that Bank of Braavos buys Faceless Men for people that don't pay up ... Down the drain.
    Was this ever a thing in the show?

Btw, where are Edmure Tully and Sweetrobin?

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Ireland

But if he does manage to write both books, I would recommend reading. I get a lot of enjoyment from reading his books.
    Is it even possible to finish this story in 2 books.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I suspect D&D were running out of quality material and hence the only way to maintain pace was to end things quickly. Which is largely the cause of all the disappointment (the night king dying too easily, Khaleesi becoming mad quite abruptly, etc). I blame GRRM, that fat fuck hasn't written the next book for a while now. I am sure D&D were expecting the final books will be out by the time they reach the finale.

As an avid fantasy reader, I have been reading A Song of Ice & Fire since the late 90s, and its been a very frustrating ride. Even more than A Wheel of Time, where the story started moving too slowly with each book but at least Jordan kept writing until he died. GRRM's last book in this series was 8 years ago. 8 fucking years. That is just unacceptable. Just like that other fat fuck Patrick Rothfuss (whose The Kingkiller Chronicle is incidentally being made into films), what the fuck is wrong with writers these days?!!
    Heard that HBO offered them a full 10-episode season but they turned it down. Seems like GOT is no longer their main thing, and they are trying to finish it quickly so they can move onto other stuff. It would explain the terrible pacing, poor character development, and the careless contradictions.

33. Thanks (5): bjwam4, Kev9Inter, KevinB, MVD, thatdude