Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Fernando Torres

  1. #1
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,123
    Thanked
    13,665 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59

    Fernando Torres

    the myth the legend..


    its just a jynx thread, keep this shit away from us
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.


  2. #2
    Caecuban's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Jul 11
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanked
    2,106 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ

    Brazil

    If he comes on a loan with right to buy and with half wages paid by Chelsea, I wouldn't actually mind him coming.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

    Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

  3. Thanks (1): thatdude

  4. #3
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,096
    Thanked
    9,234 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    I wouldn't mind him coming if Chelsea pays his wages in full and he sits on the bench for 38 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

    Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????


  5. #4
    A.l.i's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Dec 06
    Posts
    9,253
    Thanked
    1,567 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Pakistan

    95
    Finally a thread ! Facepalm.

    Sent from my V60 using Tapatalk
    Spoiler: text 

  6. #5
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,123
    Thanked
    13,665 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    i would, if he took 3 seconds from icardi ill fucking go nuts.


    #protectIcardi
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  7. Thanks (1): Shark

  8. #6
    Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 10
    Posts
    9,427
    Thanked
    5,154 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Kuwait

    9
    I don't get why you guys are so against this deal.

    This is financial deal; one that can bring in more revenues. According to reports he is the fourth best marketable football player. He is coming on loan, Chelsea are paying most of his wages and we can sell more merchandise. We have nothing to lose and we gain publicity.

    If he does well we sign him permanently. If not, we send him back, that's it!

    We are not going to attract new fans any time soon with signing nobodies. Also, who wants a shirt with Jonathan's name on it?

    This reminds me of when we signed Eto'o. I used to love Ibra and hate Barca. Just the thought of those dirty cunts getting my favorite player and instead giving us a shit player made me furious. To me Eto'o was too one dimensional and didn't think he could be useful in Serie A at all. But now, I think that was one of the best deals in Inter's history.

    What I am trying to say is that, it is just a loan, give him time. Maybe he wins us over.


  9. #7
    Provenzano's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 11
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanked
    3,527 times
    Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

    Bulgaria

    5
    Stay away from Inter !

  10. #8
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,180
    Thanked
    5,076 times

    Marshall Islands

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyedo View Post
    I don't get why you guys are so against this deal.

    This is financial deal; one that can bring in more revenues. According to reports he is the fourth best marketable football player. He is coming on loan, Chelsea are paying most of his wages and we can sell more merchandise. We have nothing to lose and we gain publicity.
    Just out of curiosity, did Diego Forlan unlock previously unknown sources of revenue when he came here?

  11. Thanks (2): nerazzurri4life, Wobblz

  12. #9
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,096
    Thanked
    9,234 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyedo View Post
    I don't get why you guys are so against this deal.

    This is financial deal; one that can bring in more revenues. According to reports he is the fourth best marketable football player. He is coming on loan, Chelsea are paying most of his wages and we can sell more merchandise. We have nothing to lose and we gain publicity.

    If he does well we sign him permanently. If not, we send him back, that's it!

    We are not going to attract new fans any time soon with signing nobodies. Also, who wants a shirt with Jonathan's name on it?

    This reminds me of when we signed Eto'o. I used to love Ibra and hate Barca. Just the thought of those dirty cunts getting my favorite player and instead giving us a shit player made me furious. To me Eto'o was too one dimensional and didn't think he could be useful in Serie A at all. But now, I think that was one of the best deals in Inter's history.

    What I am trying to say is that, it is just a loan, give him time. Maybe he wins us over.
    Will fans buy Inter Torres merchandise if they believe he will only be here one year on loan? I doubt it. Torres is marketable because he plays in the EPL. In Serie A he will quickly become obsolete. Who is the face of Serie A? Who is the superstar here? The global icon? There are none, and Torres is not capable of becoming that because his play will never measure up.

    Also, Chelsea will not loan him here without either a) making us pay his wages or b) an obligation to buy, because in all honesty if Chelsea offered Torres on a one year loan, with paid wages, there would be a line as long as the Nile River of clubs looking to take on that deal.

    And no, I don't care how much Torres can bring in merchandise, because even if he's free for next year, in 2016 we will end up paying him 5 million wages plus a transfer fee of 15 million, which is a substantial waste of money for what will be a 31 year old striker will declining skills just so we can sell a few tshirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

    Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

  13. Thanks (4): Ffi201zi002tlis, wera, Wobblz, _OC_

  14. #10
    Kakaroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    10,393
    Thanked
    13,179 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

    United States

    48
    Torres won't come here. If Chelsea are willing to pay his wages he'll go to Atletico most probably to replace Villa who is going to NYC FC apparently.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

  15. #11

    Join Date
    12 Feb 10
    Posts
    414
    Thanked
    82 times
    Fav. Player
    No Milan player



    there's very little possibility of torres playing in serie a unless playing for benitez.

    must be desperate rumours to make cheap news

  16. #12
    Matrix_invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Dec 10
    Posts
    871
    Thanked
    497 times
    Fav. Player
    Handa, Ica, Bro

    Austria

    Torres was a great striker and he can still be great! A littel bit trust please! We have no player in the squad with the skills of Torres. When we brought Palacio you also thought he is shit.
    Moreover, as Seyedo said, we need names like Vidic, Torres or Hernanes!
    “Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.” - Jose Mourinho


  17. #13
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanked
    4,164 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    He shouldn't come even if chelshit pays 100% of his wages. Like master Pimp said he shouldn't take away Icardi's playing time.

    I'm still hoping we miraculously sign Cerci before WC
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

  18. #14
    Choppin Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Aug 04
    Posts
    8,939
    Thanked
    5,385 times
    Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

    Canada

    66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Pass. Not even at half his absurd wages.


  19. Thanks (2): nerazzurri4life, Y&h

  20. #15
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    9,063
    Thanked
    6,480 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter
    Massive wages --> Check
    Awful finishing --> Check
    Lost acceleration that made him such a good player --> Check
    Downward spiral --> Check
    Not at all versatile player --> Check
    Old player --> Check

    Not a single positive thing about this transfer. This marketing thing is non sense, when you play clubs who are obsessed and knows how to market makes some money like Madrid but it's not same for all the players. Not sure if anyone would even buy his jersey anymore or companies like Nike, Adidas would be killing for his signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.


  21. #16
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    5,448
    Thanked
    7,033 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    I'm going to quote myself, 20 goals in 110 matches with Chelsea, backed by the best creative players on earth. Midfielders have more ffs.

    Also, this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Will fans buy Inter Torres merchandise if they believe he will only be here one year on loan? I doubt it. Torres is marketable because he plays in the EPL. In Serie A he will quickly become obsolete. Who is the face of Serie A? Who is the superstar here? The global icon? There are none, and Torres is not capable of becoming that because his play will never measure up.

    Also, Chelsea will not loan him here without either a) making us pay his wages or b) an obligation to buy, because in all honesty if Chelsea offered Torres on a one year loan, with paid wages, there would be a line as long as the Nile River of clubs looking to take on that deal.

    And no, I don't care how much Torres can bring in merchandise, because even if he's free for next year, in 2016 we will end up paying him 5 million wages plus a transfer fee of 15 million, which is a substantial waste of money for what will be a 31 year old striker will declining skills just so we can sell a few tshirts.
    Merchandise is linked with performance. If Jonathan starts beasting, yes, a ton of people are going to buy his T-Shirts.

    Torres, on the other hand could sell only T-Shirts with memes on them.




  22. #17
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    16,703
    Thanked
    26,898 times
    Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyedo View Post
    I don't get why you guys are so against this deal.

    This is financial deal; one that can bring in more revenues. According to reports he is the fourth best marketable football player. He is coming on loan, Chelsea are paying most of his wages and we can sell more merchandise. We have nothing to lose and we gain publicity.

    If he does well we sign him permanently. If not, we send him back, that's it!

    We are not going to attract new fans any time soon with signing nobodies. Also, who wants a shirt with Jonathan's name on it?

    This reminds me of when we signed Eto'o. I used to love Ibra and hate Barca. Just the thought of those dirty cunts getting my favorite player and instead giving us a shit player made me furious. To me Eto'o was too one dimensional and didn't think he could be useful in Serie A at all. But now, I think that was one of the best deals in Inter's history.

    What I am trying to say is that, it is just a loan, give him time. Maybe he wins us over.
    And I don't see how you so completely and utterly fail to see the point.

    You are correct in saying we aren't going to sell shirts by signing nobodies. However, at this point in time, Torres is worse than a nobody - and that is the fundamental point you have inexplicably missed. Torres is the punchline to a bad joke, a running gag, a complete failure in the past several years. I've long said that since leaving Liverpool, he has been the worlds most singularly worthless player, and at the same time, the worlds most singularly lucky player. How ironic that since his personal form has turned to complete shit that his trophy haul, with both Spain and Chelsea, has grown.

    You're acting as if he's a world-renowned player and will unquestionably and indisputably sell tons of fucking merchandise and bring exposure to the club. Yep, he's world-renowned all right. World-renowned as a huge turd and the focus of jokes all across the footballing world. Somehow, you completely skip over the fact for the best part of 4 years now, Torres has been a complete and utter shit. No one and nobody will buy shirts of fucking shit players. Who wants a shirt with Jonathan's name on it you ask? I ask you right back, who the fuck wants a shirt with Torres name on it? He is to Chelsea fans what Jonathan is to us.
    Last edited by Universe; 02 Jun 14 at 15:39.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  23. Thanks (3): ADRossi, Fitzy, Wings

  24. #18
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,123
    Thanked
    13,665 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix_invincible View Post
    Torres was a great striker and he can still be great! A littel bit trust please! We have no player in the squad with the skills of Torres. When we brought Palacio you also thought he is shit.
    Moreover, as Seedo said, we need names like Vidic, Torres or Hernanes!
    names do not play,getting dudes past their primes is awful..

    let's not forget what palacio did 2-3 seasons before coming to us.. torres is so shit..
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  25. #19
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanked
    19,141 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    who the fuck is going to buy the shirt of a striker who cant even score 10 league goals in a season and hasnt since we won the treble basically????

    his wages are also going to be fucking huge, based on something he did TWO CLUBS AND FOUR YEARS AGO?

    Fuck that. Dont touch this guy even if he was on a free playing for free. I'd rather give the minutes to Longo, that says alot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix_invincible View Post
    Torres was a great striker and he can still be great! A littel bit trust please! We have no player in the squad with the skills of Torres. When we brought Palacio you also thought he is shit.
    Moreover, as Seyedo said, we need names like Vidic, Torres or Hernanes!
    Torres is a shit player. He's been shit ever since he had hamstring injuries that wrecked his pace. He'll never get his pace back again, and he'll never be a top goalscorer again. I've said that since he first moved to Chelsea, and as every year passes and as he gets older and slower, I feel more and more confident in my opinion.

  26. Thanks (2): Ffi201zi002tlis, MVD

  27. #20
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    22,900
    Thanked
    20,663 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13

  28. Thanks (3): b4h4mooth, Fitzy, Y&h

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •