Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Alexis Medel Soto

Gary Alexis Medel Soto

So it looks extremely likely we are going to land this guy, on loan at least. Tohir seems to have some sort of sway with Cardiff City owners, and I think this could eventually swing talks our way.

It would be interesting if we have both Medel and M'Vila to compete for the holding midfielder slot. I think they both will get to play a lot considering we are competing in all three tournaments.

Any idea whether they have slightly different playing styles?

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    He looked impressive during the world cup, but I wouldn't be surprised if his typical form isn't quite as good.

Any fans of Cardiff around to tell us about his club form last season?

Anyway, if this allows us to avoid signing Behrami then it'd be a fantastic deal. Especially on loan
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

As I said in the midfielders thread....solid mid-table team player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player

Europe

And also he looked completely broken. Lots of tapes and other stuff were needed him to be able to enter the pitch.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

I've seen Cardiff a few times last season and he looked good. His defensive abilities haven't been missing in the championship games and his fighting spirit as well. For example he pulled some very good games espeically against top teams like ManUtd or City ect ect.

But like someone said earlier, he goes out of nerves easily.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

6. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    MI9
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

no, iv been thinking about that as well, they are both hotheads, so i reckon him who gets in conflict with massari first is going to eat bench. then again, they could perfectly co-exist aswell in the same midfield.

some say he is better in defense then in midfield so he could even succeed cordoba.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF

"This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player

Europe

http://translate.googleusercontent.c..._txHROr1pvoOBg

10 mil is little bit too much IMO. I though we could get a bargain deal.

-Peppino Prisco

10. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    this guy is a beast...excatly what we need tbh.

He isn't nothing to fu with.Ain't afraid of nothing.Can play in df and as a DM.
    He was motm against Brazil untill that unfortunate injury.
    Good signing if the reports are true.

+this means no fu Behrami!!! (i hope)

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Signing would mean no Behrami I presume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Poland

I'd prefer shorter thread title tbh... Looks strange right now.

14. Thanks (2): Big Willy, Dylan

Fav. Player

Europe

I like the fact that Inter might have been learnt from the last year that it is not wise to give Mazzarri the players he asks.

-Peppino Prisco

16. Thanks (1): Efrain21C

Algeria

welcome not(behrami)

i don't know him, but he seems like a hard worker, mazzari's favorite feature of a midfielder

Venezuela

This is a fucking shitty deal, how can we prefer Medel over Casemiro when they cost about the same. This is some Gargano, Silvestre, Pereira, Schelotto level of retarded deal from our management.

19. Thanks (1): nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Poland

FcIN: Gary Medel is not so close to Inter like other media reported. There's a real and true interest, but still much work to be done about this deal. Cardiff doesn't look convinced of the idea of loan with obligatory redemption.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Sqnalkel: No it's not.

Am I really the only one more hyped for Medel than for M'vila? For Medel I at least know where he fits in Inter, how is Mazzarri going to use him and we know that he is in form right now.

With M'vila I don't know how he performed in Russia, because I don't watch the russian league. For M'vila we can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Sqnalkel: No it's not.

Am I really the only one more hyped for Medel than for M'vila? For Medel I at least know where he fits in Inter, how is Mazzarri going to use him and we know that he is in form right now.

With M'vila I don't know how he performed in Russia, because I don't watch the russian league. For M'vila we can only hope.
    Have you actually seen Medel play? I mean out of this WC. People were going fucking mad here about signing Behrami, Medel is in no way better than him. But maybe Mazarri wants a player of that style, so Medel wouldn't be so bad if we were getting him for cheap, but for €10M is an awful deal.

23. Thanks (4): Fitzy, nerazzurri4life, Shark, Shaun

Fav. Player
    Matthäus, Salas

Chile

With the permission of a few members, can I break the #FalcaoRule?

Medel WAS a very solid minded holding MF, but had MANY screws loose in his head. Talking about the kind of guy that actually had a party in his apartment here in Chile, and a girl died by accidentally falling off the terrace window. Just imagine what kind of situation lead to that.

FORTUNATELY, after that incident, he began therapy, and despite a few conflicts in Sevilla (he was sold to Cardiff from Sevilla, when new owners began to spend big) he started to level his head.

As a player, he is PERFECT for Italian league. Remember spanish football tends to be much forgiving to forwards, whilst also being a true divers paraise (even more so than the Premier League, where at least fans and the public condemn such actions). In Italy, we see much more strategic, hands on, physical football, where strong holders with decent passing skills usually are very useful (De Jong in Bilan for example).

As a fact, he was very much loved in his brief stint at Boca Jrs., in which he had a head to head argument against River's Gallardo at that time, and also scored the two goals in his first Derby match vs River

Medel excels in physical attributes such as stamina and jumping, according to BIELSA, who compared his jump to Roberto Ayala's.

He lacks distribution abilities, but when paired with a good deep lying playmaker, he will do the defensive job for him too, making his life easier. Look at him as Pirlo's Gattuso, or, in our case, he could be Kovacic's guard dog.

As for his injury, he didn't get injured in the match v Brasil, he was previously injured to the match, accepted whatever he was offered to relief a little of the pain, and played approximately the last 35 minutes of the second half on ONE LEG, until he could no more...

If heart is what we need in Inter, now that our Argentinian Brigade has left, Medel has lots of it. He'll never be a superclass destroyer do it all like Mathaus, but he won't falter either. Consistency, heart, GREAT DEFENSIVE abilities, both as Central Defender, and Detroying Midfield, plus stamina to play on one leg, despite injury, for 90 minutes if not more. That is what you get with Medel.

He ain't classy, nor "fancy" as a player. He's just a dog that chases the ball and gives it to his master when ordered. That's why he is known as the Pitbull.

TLDR:

Positive: Heart A++, Stamina A++, Defensive skills A-, Decent pace B+, Can cover as Central Defender or destroyer in midfield
    Negative: Used to be hot head, needs a trainer that will give him SPECIFIC ORDERS, need a playmaker close to him.

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Medel is boss, would be great to have him here.
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    MI9
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

are people going to claim they watch cardiff now? that would be hilarious. fact is he played more then decent for his nt, and was always one of our better performing players.

and casemiro, i know he was hyped back in the day, but has anyone kept up with him?? how do you guys know he is such a good player? from what i understood he barely played at real. how is he any better than taider for that matter?

i do agree his rumoured price is to much.