Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: ho deciso di diventare calciatore, ancora posso???

  1. #1

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    ho deciso di diventare calciatore, ancora posso???

    Hey guys I'll be brief. I'm 19 and a half years old. I stopped playing football and running 5 years ago because of psychiatric problems which led to depression and I lost the passion in football, which has recently come back, after I've improved mentally. And I would like to know if you guys think that I can recover my physical form, if I can get physically fit, and recover the speed that I lost in the past 5 years of inactivity??

    I'm confident that I still have my football skills, because that's what a person 'never loses', obviously I need to get in rhythm. I play with both feet, give precise through balls, have game vision, can read the game, out of the box shot, I am 1.80 meters tall, I am skinny.

    When I see players like Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, I do ask myself: WHAT DO THEY HAVE THAT I DON'T?? and the only answer I come up with is that they can run 10-15 km per game... so my question is: DO YOU THINK I CAN RECOVER THE SPEED AND LEG/RUNNING POWER THAT I'VE LOST IN THE PAST 5 YEARS IN ORDER TO BE FIT TO PLAY IN THE FIRST DIVISION OF ONE OF THE TOP 10 EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES, AND HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE ME TO BE CONDITIONED, AND RECOVERED ALL THAT STRENGTH AND SPEED??

    PLEASE BE HONEST, GUYS!
    Last edited by sanguenosolhos; 19 Jul 14 at 07:29.

  2. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  3. #2
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,078
    Thanked
    7,828 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member


    Seriously tho you might want to change that to English with it being an English forum and all
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  4. #3
    Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 10
    Posts
    9,427
    Thanked
    5,154 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Kuwait

    9
    His post translated by google translate:


    I decided to become a footballer, I still can??
    I will be brief, I am 19 years old and a half, over the past 5 years I left football and running for psychiatric problems, but now that I'm mentally better, the passion for football is back, and I would like to know your opinions:
    If my recovery form physics, it is possible to recover the speed that I'm not running for anything in the past 5 years???
    football symptoms that I have, because they say that you never lose. I play with both feet, height: 1.80 meters .. I'm willing to take the risk ...
    when I look at players like michael carrick, darren fletcher, busquets ... I wonder: WHAT HAVE THEM THAT I DID NOT I?
    obviamente the physical background, I do not run it that them, but if I prepare myself physically, they would think that there would be different between them .... and I play with both feet, do some good strides. I read the game well, the movements ...
    THE MORE THAT I PREOCUPA AND IF POSSIBLE TO RECOVER THE FITNESS WITH DEDICATED WORK and extreme it is possible to have a good speed and be ready to run 10-12 miles per game, and as long as they could see these results physicists? ?
    My goal is to play in any first division, both Italian, German, English, Dutch, etc ...
    Thanks, guys, please, you are honest!

  5. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  6. #4

    Join Date
    06 Sep 11
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanked
    2,414 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by sanguenosolhos View Post
    Hey guys I'll be brief. I'm 19 and a half years old. I stopped playing football and running 5 years ago because of psychiatric problems which led to depression and I lost the passion in football, which has recently come back, after I've improved mentally. And I would like to know if you guys think that I can recover my physical form, if I can get physically fit, and recover the speed that I lost in the past 5 years of inactivity??

    I'm confident that I still have my football skills, because that's what a person 'never loses', obviously I need to get in rhythm. I play with both feet, give precise through balls, have game vision, can read the game, out of the box shot, I am 1.80 meters tall, I am skinny.

    When I see players like Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, I do ask myself: WHAT DO THEY HAVE THAT I DON'T?? and the only answer I come up with is that they can run 10-15 km per game... so my question is: DO YOU THINK I CAN RECOVER THE SPEED AND LEG/RUNNING POWER THAT I'VE LOST IN THE PAST 5 YEARS IN ORDER TO BE FIT TO PLAY IN THE FIRST DIVISION OF ONE OF THE TOP 10 EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES, AND HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE ME TO BE CONDITIONED, AND RECOVERED ALL THAT STRENGTH AND SPEED??

    PLEASE BE HONEST, GUYS!
    Depends on your commitment. 3 to 6 months of intense training and you will be at top of your condition.

  7. #5
    Wallace
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    11,213
    Thanked
    10,241 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It's hard to tell without knowing the level of your skills.

    Can you please post some youtube compilations of your games and skill moves? That'll help our experts to evaluate your current condition more accurately.
    Wallace


  8. #6
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanked
    19,146 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    what level were you playing at before you took your break?

    if the answer isnt 'blowing everyones mind at Barca', then the chance of you making it is mathematically 0.

    15-19 is experience, and physical, more than anything else.

    You'd have to be truly truly exceptional to even have a chance of a professional football career, let alone top flight

    that's the sad truth. every year tens of thousands of kids are rejected from professional teams, despite working very hard for ages 15-19. What do you think the chances are for someone who, for whatever reason, didn't work hard 15-19?

  9. #7
    Armes's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Apr 11
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanked
    4,468 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

    Albania

    67
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguenosolhos View Post
    DO YOU THINK I CAN RECOVER THE SPEED AND LEG/RUNNING POWER THAT I'VE LOST IN THE PAST 5 YEARS
    yes, of course you can and you will, but you have to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanguenosolhos View Post
    IN ORDER TO BE FIT TO PLAY IN THE FIRST DIVISION OF ONE OF THE TOP 10 EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES
    no one here can tell you the truth on this though.
    I think you overcoming, or improving mental problems is huge itself, and focusing on something you love, like football, will be an even better catalyst for that.


    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    what level were you playing at before you took your break?

    if the answer isnt 'blowing everyones mind at Barca', then the chance of you making it is mathematically 0.
    zidane was just a ball boy behind the stands...

  10. #8

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    @browha, all this time that I have been inactive, I have watched football games from different leagues and countries, as I've done throughout my whole life, and most of the players on the pitch are not talented, they are just players made, what I mean by 'made' is that they are just players fit to run the whole game, and players who understand their coaches' tactic system, but those players don't really make a change in the game. Every team has just like a couple of talented players on the pitch, and what about the rest? I can be one of them, I can be a defensive midfielder - once I get 100% fit. Like Nigel de Jong, that guy, to me, is not talented at all, he is just a bulldog in the midfield, and I consider myself with more potential. He just breaks the game, and that's the easiest part of football, the difficult thing is to create, to construct, and I think I can be the basis for that. Yes, thousands of kids are rejected from teams, and probably millions in Brazil, I've watched documentaries, and you know why reject most of the Brazilian players? Not because they are bad, but because they don't suit the market, the scouts and teams want tall and strong guys to export to Europe, and most of the kids trying out are short and skinny and really really talented, which is a total waste of talent.

    My conclusion is that, you don't need to be talented in order to make yourself into a big team, like michael carsick, fletcher, de jong, busquets. I consider myself a humble person, but as I've said, when I see them play I ask myself what do those players have that I don't, because they are not talented, according to me.

    @Wallace, I don't compilations of myself

  11. #9
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanked
    19,146 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Zidane trained non-stop aged 10 until he retired.

    The only player I'm personally aware of, who started his career late without years of top level youth training is Ian Wright.

  12. #10
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    12,167
    Thanked
    12,989 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Didn't Droga not play in the top flight until he was older?

  13. #11

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    Zidane trained non-stop aged 10 until he retired.

    The only player I'm personally aware of, who started his career late without years of top level youth training is Ian Wright.
    @browha, all this time that I have been inactive, I have watched football games from different leagues and countries, as I've done throughout my whole life, and most of the players on the pitch are not talented, they are just players made, what I mean by 'made' is that they are just players fit to run the whole game, and players who understand their coaches' tactic system, but those players don't really make a change in the game. Every team has just like a couple of talented players on the pitch, and what about the rest? I can be one of them, I can be a defensive midfielder - once I get 100% fit. Like Nigel de Jong, that guy, to me, is not talented at all, he is just a bulldog in the midfield, and I consider myself with more potential. He just breaks the game, and that's the easiest part of football, the difficult thing is to create, to construct, and I think I can be the basis for that. Yes, thousands of kids are rejected from teams, and probably millions in Brazil, I've watched documentaries, and you know why reject most of the Brazilian players? Not because they are bad, but because they don't suit the market, the scouts and teams want tall and strong guys to export to Europe, and most of the kids trying out are short and skinny and really really talented, which is a total waste of talent.

    My conclusion is that, you don't need to be talented in order to make yourself into a big team, like michael carsick, fletcher, de jong, busquets. I consider myself a humble person, but as I've said, when I see them play I ask myself what do those players have that I don't, because they are not talented, according to me.

    @Wallace, I don't have compilations of myself

  14. #12
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanked
    19,146 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    drogba played football from aged 11 nonstop.

    Not playing top flight is a very different thing to not playing football at all, tbh.

    I mean, its not impossible to 'make it' still, but its really unlikely. Look at some of the players who have failed - people like Aiman Napoli, who I'm sure trains really damn hard, but is still not a professional. People like Daminuta, who trained and partied too hard, and is still basically a non-pro now. If these guys cant make it, how can someone who missed out on the most important years of development as a footballer make it?

  15. #13
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    12,167
    Thanked
    12,989 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Yeah tbh I actually agree. I was just saying top level youth training isn't necessarily important, but playing in general certainly is.

    No way you can stop for 5 years and get it back.

  16. #14
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanked
    19,146 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    for the sake of the converastion, I received this PM:

    hi browha, I've been replying to your posts but my replies are not appearing. Whenever I post something it says that it will be reviewed, but it's already been awhile, and I don't see my posts showing up.

    By the way, replying to your latest post, I don't think 15-19 are the most important years to develop, because at that age, I don't think your football skills develop, they develop since you start playing at a really young age, and to me, football skills are the most important factor before physical skills, which I think are the only thing that is improved from 15-19 years of age.

    DO you think it's possible to recover my shape, and speed, or will I be slow even though I get in shape, because of my long inactivity?


    My response

    Hey.

    Weird, I dunno why it hasnt come up.

    I agree, the football skills dont develop at that age - Wenger says you dont learn anything past the age of 14. I never played much football as a kid so I dont have much opinion there, but watching our youth team, the main focus is physical development, and teaching them the tactical sides of the game. It's about discipline more than anything, sticking to your position, working hard for the team, tactics, etc.

    I dont know enough about you to make a full assessment, but from a physical side you should be able to recover - especially if there were no physical injuries. It'll be hard work but its not impossible.

    The question, imho, is this: What level did you play at before you quit football? Were you at a top youth academy? Or were you playing for the local park side U15? Because if you were at a top academy you might just have a chance. If you were at a local park side - i.e. not one of the best in your age group before you quit - then I would focus on a career elsewhere PERSONALLY - but again, hard to give advice without knowing a LOT more

    Just dont forget, at the end of the day, football is great at producing 21-24 year olds with no skills whatsoever who are really gonna struggle to find a job. Maybe 1 in 10,000 make it, and at a top academy that goes to more like 1 in 50. It doesnt mean you have 0 chance, but it does mean its unlikely.. Just consider that
    - - - Updated - - -

    PS:

    Apparently his posts are being added to some 'review list' before appearing? Anyone know more?

    - - - Updated - - -

    REPLY:

    I stopped playing when I moved from mexico to the us. I moved when I was 14 and a half, and I had stopped playing one year before that because of another injury, I do have had injuries, I'm actually recovering from a meniscus fracture, but I'll start jogging anytime soon, just waiting for my PT to give me the heads up, and once I start running I won't stop fighting for my dreams.

    So, when i was in mexico, I played indoor football since little, and the competitions were school leagues, and we did win many titles since little, I remember starting my career as a forward, then as a midfield, and I've played a variety of positions, but I found myself more in the middle of the field, center mid, and well, when I was 13, in middle school, my school hired a coach from the professional team called Atlas, which is really popular in mexico for developing players, and he work for the youth teams, and after watching me play he invited me and another friend in my team to go play for the youth team, I went once, and then I never returned because I moved to america...

    that's my story... well and while in america, i tried out in high school for the football team, and football is a winter sport here, and in my freshman year I remembering playing trying out with a knee pad because I hadn't played soccer like in more than a year and I was afraid of playing again because thats how one feels when feeling pain, and well I made the team, and I obviously was physically f....ed up, but with a few good shots, and long precise passes I made the team, and it was the same during the rest of my hs years, the season lasted 3 years, but even though I would made the team every year except my jr year because i didn't tried out because I focused in school, i wouldn't even play in most of the games because of my psychiatryc problems, I would even not go to some games because of how i felt mentally... and the guys in the same were not better than me even though they played and I would sit on the bench, but as i said, my mental programs wouldn't let me enjoy, i would actually regret making the team every team because of my problems, and i wouldn't even get conditioned during the season because of my problems...

    so thats me...

  17. #15

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    I mean, the season lasted 3 months. and yeah, the level in america of guys playing football isn't really good, but they were all physically fit, i would even say that they were athletes.

  18. #16

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    It's hard to tell without knowing the level of your skills.

    Can you please post some youtube compilations of your games and skill moves? That'll help our experts to evaluate your current condition more accurately.
    Are you an agent or scout, or anything like that?

  19. #17
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,100
    Thanked
    9,253 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguenosolhos View Post
    Are you an agent or scout, or anything like that?
    He's actually a former scout for the Brazilian national team. Got axed a few weeks ago after the debacle against Germany. He's the idiot who suggested leaving Coutinho at home. Still fairly knowledgeable though. He would be a 3/5 star scout on FIFA 14 manager mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

    Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????


  20. #18
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    12,075
    Thanked
    9,265 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    It depends on how important money is to you. A lot of people I know with half-assed English skills are making more money than half of MLS' players.

    Becoming a footballer is not that hard if you have commitment, becoming a top footballer however is very hard.

    In my experience, only the top footballers make any decent income. And that depends a lot on your surroundings/luck.

    I understand your point of view, what do these players have that I don't etc, but 99% of the time what separates world class players from average ones are simply small details that you can't see in lower level leagues.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  21. #19

    Join Date
    19 Jul 14
    Posts
    11
    Thanked
    2 times

    Panama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    It depends on how important money is to you. A lot of people I know with half-assed English skills are making more money than half of MLS' players.

    Becoming a footballer is not that hard if you have commitment, becoming a top footballer however is very hard.

    In my experience, only the top footballers make any decent income. And that depends a lot on your surroundings/luck.

    I understand your point of view, what do these players have that I don't etc, but 99% of the time what separates world class players from average ones are simply small details that you can't see in lower level leagues.
    I'm willing to take the risk. I wanna see my limits, I've never been physically fit, so once i' m a 100% fit, I will see what I'm made of.

    I don't care about the money, as long as I can pay my basic living costs.. I wanna play the champions league, that to me, has no price!

    btw, what are those small details you are talking about, give me a couple of examples, so we are tuned in the same things. eg, i dont see any talent that khedira has, that guy has always been surrounded by good players thats why he is not exposed that much, and again, the xabi alonso example, i believe in myself that that guy has nothing more than me! in a close match he cannot change the route of the game, other than a through ball or a shot outside the box, which i say with humbleness I can do the same, and obviously its not his responsibility to the change the game, he's just a center mid, but he has no individual skills to create an individual chance, like he cannot win a 1 vs 1 defender...

    thats what motivates me, the lack of difference, i dont think he has something that i dont.

  22. #20
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    12,075
    Thanked
    9,265 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    people don't know what those differences are most of the time, but you often see players with a lot less technique do way better than people with great technique, simply because of those details.

    I can give you a few know examples:

    Some players get so hyped in critical moments, that they shoot instead of passing. I know it sounds trivial but it makes the difference. where players waste their chances by shooting, others like xavi and pirlo can give an assist that can win the game. or some players make a tackle when they shouldn't because of andrenaline, gets a red card and kills the game. or another player passes 2 cm farther away than he should have, and misses the chance for an assist. or higuain missing that shot, robben failing to round casillas. world cups have been lost because of a few inches. It's all about small things like that, that people fail to notice.

    The thing is you just don't know how good a player is going to be in higher levels. There are hundreds of small details, we can't fully comprehend them all. The only way to find out is to see play in higher levels. That's why people keep going on and on about "proven' players. It's also about consistency. If Alvarez played at his peak all the time, he would be one of the best players in the world. The majority of good players are rated so much, because they can perform at the same level every time, and not just once in a blue moon.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  23. Thanks (1): Cal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •