Thread: thinking about finishing uni a year earlier

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

thinking about finishing uni a year earlier

I am second year and im thinking taking 3 exams extra per semester to finish university a year earlier .

So has anyone done this shit? Is it hard to maintain a high gpa ? ( i have it nearly perfect )

this semester i could take, financing ,advanced economics and marketing research
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

2. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Let Uni live!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

4. Thanks (5): Devious, Dylan, JJM, Pimpin, Wings

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Iīm sure here itīs very different but I did that, finished in 3 years instead of 4.

Itīs not easy but itīs no way near impossible like the teachers said it would be, I did it with a friend of mine, both of us did good.
    To not be overwhelmed I attended all the classes on the first 15 days, then I chose 3 of those to do only by exam (without what here we call the continuous evaluation which means 2 test plus your performance in class which means up to 40% of your total grade, the final exam is the rest).

Teachers get pissed by the students that donīt attend the classes and try to pass only on the exam, one of them said that Iīd fail and kind of started to put me down and mocked me in front of the class when I said I woundīt do the class using continuous evaluation, it was an extra joy that I had to gave him a smile after I passed.

I save a lot of money at the time, money that helped me start my life way better than most of guys my age in our country, I guess I saved close to 5.000€ considering all the expenses of one year, just to get some context 426€ was our minimal wage at the time.

6. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Seeing how i start uni this week, i haven't even thought about it, i have no idea if you can do it in Scotland as i have never heard of someone doing it but if you think you can and your teachers think you can why not give it a shot. As a question if you didnt do as well as you thought you could of by doing it in two years is there an option to do some of your courses next year again along with the rest of your class doing it the more traditional way
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

well I dont really have trouble with finances as I am on a full scholarship, but rather I like to finish as early as possible and have more time to enter a masters program , hopefully in EU, and get working experience.

My gpa is quite high (it would be even higher if it weren't for some fucked up electives ..its perfect in economic related subjects) and I am in a dilemma if i should mess it up a bit and finish earlier .. I spent my whole summer reading/preparing myself but professors/friends tell me Im quite arrogant so im afraid it will come and bite me in the ass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Seeing how i start uni this week, i haven't even thought about it, i have no idea if you can do it in Scotland as i have never heard of someone doing it but if you think you can and your teachers think you can why not give it a shot. As a question if you didnt do as well as you thought you could of by doing it in two years is there an option to do some of your courses next year again along with the rest of your class doing it the more traditional way
    that's a good advice tbh, it doesn't hurt if I try.. I will ask if I can retake some exams i mess up
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedPimp View Post
    well I dont really have trouble with finances as I am on a full scholarship, but rather I like to finish as early as possible and have more time to enter a masters program , hopefully in EU, and get working experience.

My gpa is quite high (it would be even higher if it weren't for some fucked up electives ..its perfect in economic related subjects) and I am in a dilemma if i should mess it up a bit and finish earlier .. I spent my whole summer reading/preparing myself but professors/friends tell me Im quite arrogant so im afraid it will come and bite me in the ass
    come to the States. Teachers etc. are quite soft here.

I wouldn't know much, but is there an advantage to finishing early in terms of job/further education prospects? Most of my friends who want to do so are doing it so they can skip their last year of tuition payments.

10. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    come to the States. Teachers etc. are quite soft here.

I wouldn't know much, but is there an advantage to finishing early in terms of job/further education prospects? Most of my friends who want to do so are doing it so they can skip their last year of tuition payments.
    I am more stubborn than ludwig von mises when it comes to arguments. Thankfully most of the professors share my same view, other students are not as lucky.

There is a huge advantage, it would look sexy on my CV since I refused to go to red cross and similar bullshit human management and similar crap trainings and whatnot. In that field I am behind a lot since most of my friends took part in things like these,so i have some ground to make up to differ from others , thats my main motive.

Also there would be more companies interested in me (if i were to maintain an almost perfect gpa) to finance my masters and employ me as soon as I finish .

12. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    i have no idea if you can do it in Scotland as i have never heard of someone doing it
    Only thing I know is 'fast track' MEng @ RGU

Or direct entry to 2nd year

Not that I do either

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Don't finish a year early. College is the best time of your life, and especially since you're on full scholarship. Take whatever shit you're interested in, coast and enjoy your last year. Man we would go out every single night senior year, and didn't give a shit about anything.

You have the rest of your life to work, enjoy your last year before going into the work force.

15. Thanks (3): Dylan, Fitzy, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Only thing I know is 'fast track' MEng @ RGU

Or direct entry to 2nd year

Not that I do either
    yeh ill be lucky to get bumped up to an MEng (which my parents want me to do as thats what my twin sister is doing ) never mind skipping a year, based on my work ethic in my last year of school
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

PhD Dissertation: A Newtonian Interpretation of Conventional Contemporary Pimping Logistics
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Don't finish a year early. College is the best time of your life, and especially since you're on full scholarship. Take whatever shit you're interested in, coast and enjoy your last year. Man we would go out every single night senior year, and didn't give a shit about anything.

You have the rest of your life to work, enjoy your last year before going into the work force.
    i didn't really think about this.. though i am a bit cold and I don't really get attached to new friends with whom I don't share long history . Almost didn't talk to anyone in the summer.

I should really consider this though

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Dude, it's your senior year. You can literally be as reckless as you want. We started drinking faderade before class, we'd ditch just to grab a chair and sit on the lawn in campus and watch the chicks sunbathe.

We'd smoke hookah, play fifa, go out, get hammered, bring girls back, neglect them to keep playing fifa, do it all again the next night. It was the dumbest and most fun year of college.

I took a bunch of classes that weren't related to my major but I was interested in.

Islamic Poetry, Egyptian History, Astronomy, Graphology & Calligraphy, Physics of Star Trek(yes this was a real class in college, and was fucking awesome)

Edit: oh shit i forgot about this, we'd take some math class that the stupid communication majors had to take and fuck up the curve on purpose LOL

20. Thanks (3): Howl, Pimpin, wera

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Man I only wish I went to Uni in the US.. It's boring as fuck in the UK, nothing like what you guys do in the US
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

22. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Dude, it's your senior year. You can literally be as reckless as you want. We started drinking faderade before class, we'd ditch just to grab a chair and sit on the lawn in campus and watch the chicks sunbathe.

We'd smoke hookah, play fifa, go out, get hammered, bring girls back, neglect them to keep playing fifa, do it all again the next night. It was the dumbest and most fun year of college.

I took a bunch of classes that weren't related to my major but I was interested in.

Islamic Poetry, Egyptian History, Astronomy, Graphology & Calligraphy, Physics of Star Trek(yes this was a real class in college, and was fucking awesome)

Edit: oh shit i forgot about this, we'd take some math class that the stupid communication majors had to take and fuck up the curve on purpose LOL
    if I had a class on physics of star trek id stay tbh hahahahaha

u are making me reconsider this man , I can do messed up shit but i think that part of me is over as I am 20 and will need to start to act better if I want to have a good future

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Man I only wish I went to Uni in the US.. It's boring as fuck in the UK, nothing like what you guys do in the US
    this too

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    if I had a class on physics of star trek id stay tbh hahahahaha

u are making me reconsider this man , I can do messed up shit but i think that part of me is over as I am 20 and will need to start to act better if I want to have a good future
    I just turned 24, and I'm still as immature as I was in school. Trust me dude, nobody grows up, you just learn how to act in public and in the work place.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I just turned 24, and I'm still as immature as I was in school. Trust me dude, nobody grows up, you just learn how to act in public and in the work place.
    oh don't misunderstand me I do messed up shit and I;m as immature as one can get, but I want to concentrate more on having a career , as I really don't have messed up friends with whom id do wild shit as I did in high school.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

I am second year and im thinking taking 3 exams extra per semester to finish university a year earlier .

So has anyone done this shit? Is it hard to maintain a high gpa ? ( i have it nearly perfect )

this semester i could take, financing ,advanced economics and marketing research
    just drop some cash and buy the diploma

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    just drop some cash and buy the diploma
    the balkan way

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    One year difference is not that great. It may make a huge difference in your salary, but it may not.

But if you are looking to save money, then I suppose it will make a difference.

But you said you have a full scholarship, just get another one for the masters program plus scholarships from third parties, and milk as much money as you can from uni by becoming a tutor/marker.

I did exactly that, and that was some of the easiest money you can make.

What did I do while I was a tutor? I surfed FIF, good times.

Sent from my Apple Lisa using Tapatalk
    Wallace

29. Thanks (1): Pimpin