View Poll Results: Who do you think will be our next manager? (NOT who you WANT)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simeone

    8 11.76%
  • Conte

    5 7.35%
  • Spalletti

    50 73.53%
  • Pochettino

    0 0%
  • Other

    5 7.35%
Page 164 of 185 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3697

Thread: Perpetual Managers Rumours Thread

  1. #3261
    IRR26's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 09
    Posts
    6,132
    Thanked
    3,467 times
    Fav. Player
    #4

    Europe

    61
    Conte just doesn't match with Inter. If you want troubles you will bring him in. I would actually rather keep Spalletti.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

    -Peppino Prisco


    Build the new stadium already!


  2. #3262
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    6,299
    Thanked
    4,342 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF
    Sarri: Sticking with Chelsea 'Plan A'

    Maurizio Sarri admits the Chelsea job is harder than he thought but insists ‘we need to lose matches’ and that he is sticking with ‘Plan A’.

    Sarri accused his Chelsea players of not adjusting to his ‘Sarri-ball’ style after their 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Bournemouth on Tuesday, while the former Napoli boss has faced calls to adopt a ‘Plan B’ when his famed approach is not working.

    “I didn’t attack the players,” he said at a Press conference for Saturday’s Premier League match against Huddersfield Town, football.london reports.

    “I talked to them because I needed to understand, and then I went to my home immediately because I wanted to review the match. There wasn’t another reason.

    “No [I didn’t criticise them at the Press conference afterwards], because I said that, probably, I am not able to motivate them. I said this.

    “But if we have some mental problems, I think that the reason could be the players, could be the technical staff, could be the club... but I can’t think about the club.

    “I have to think about the players and the staff. Probably, we are doing something wrong. The staff first of all, the Coach first of all.

    “So I said that, probably, I am not able to motivate them. In another match, I said that, probably, it’s very difficult to motivate them. But I have to find the way, of course.

    ““It’s a part of my job, of course. But I want, first of all, to change the mentality. So it’s a very long way.

    “I think that my football is about cooperation, so I have to speak to my players and involve them in my football, more than we are doing in the moment.

    “Now we have the mentality for doing the match, but we need to improve in the reaction. We need to improve in the offensive phase.

    “Because we have a lot of individual players, it’s not easy to change in four or five months. For example, in the last match, I think we built up the action very well in the first half.

    “Then, we were able to close spaces ourselves because we stayed too tight with the three offensive players. So it was easy for the defenders to defend.

    “Sometimes, we need to stay very high and wide. We have to go inside to receive, not to stay inside. So we need to improve.

    “I need to change completely the mentality because they were used to playing on counterattacks, so they could drive the ball. Now we have to change. It’s a long way, but I’m trying to change the mentality.

    “I want to be in control of the match, I want to score, and to have the right reaction if we concede a goal. We have only to play.

    “We were in control of the match for 45 minutes, but conceded after only two minutes in the second half. We have only to play. To kick-off and play again.

    “Plan B? First of all, I want to do Plan A very well. I don’t want to change some things that, at the moment, don’t work very well. First of all I want to see my football played very well. Then we can go and change something.

    “Will I stick with Plan A? Of course. Because everybody, 10 years ago, knew very well Barcelona, and Barcelona won everything because they played their football very well. So, first of all, I want to play very well my football. Then I can change.

    “I want to remember that, in the first season, Tottenham and Liverpool were in the middle of the table. The situation in England is very clear.

    “There are three teams above the others. In one, the coach arrived five years ago, in one four years ago, and in the other three years ago. So the situation is very clear.

    “The English football is in the hands of these teams. They had a plan and were really patient. So we need to change mentality and go on. The situation for me is really clear.

    “Assurances from the club? I don’t mind, because I am a dreamer. I want to play my football. But if I arrived here starting in a professional team, it’s because I am a dreamer.

    “Tougher job than I thought? Probably yes, but I knew very well that it would be very difficult. Very difficult because, here, the level is very high. It’s very difficult because this team played another football.

    “It’s very difficult because this team won with another football. So it’s really very difficult. But we can do it, I think. We can improve, we can change mentality, we can play our football. It’s not easy.

    “As I said in the press conference after the match, first of all, we have to say sorry to them. Because the result was a disaster. I can understand them very well.

    “They have to be patient with us at the moment because we are trying to do something great. It’s not easy.

    “We have to work, we have to improve, we need to lose matches... but we are trying to do our best.

    “Every day, I see the training and, in training, they are improving. We lost the last match very badly but the last match was different: we lost confidence after the goal.

    “But, at the beginning, we entered on the pitch with the right mentality. We made mistakes with the reaction, not with the approach.

    “The approach was very good because we wanted to be in control of the match immediately.

    “Now we have some problems to score, and we are working on this, of course. I said, before, the reason in my opinion.

    “Because we played with four or five players with their backs to the opposing goal. We have to go there not to stay there.

    “We have to go there to receive the ball on the run, not receiving it with our backs to goal. So we have to improve on this. But this is not a big problem. Only a tactical problem.

    “I like it very much when I can speak to my players about tactical problems. I don’t like speaking with them about mental problems.”


    #RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

  3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  4. #3263
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanked
    15,803 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    He did attack the players, like many coaches nowadays do. Which to me sounds ridiculous, taking the blame is part of the job of whoever is in a position of command
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  5. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  6. #3264
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanked
    17,904 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    He did attack the players, like many coaches nowadays do. Which to me sounds ridiculous, taking the blame is part of the job of whoever is in a position of command
    I agree with that. Which is why I disagree with some peeps here who complain that Spalletti is always backing his players. That is not a bad thing - I prefer a coach who publicly always backs his players, takes the blame for his losses, and in private gives the players hell.

    Unfortunately Spalletti doesn't take the blame himself (instead focusses on excuses), and i have no idea whether he gives the players hell in private. But I can't fault him for backing his players in public.

  7. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

  8. #3265
    Can't see Sarri doing well at inter tbh.
    I hate Conte but he did make Eder look like a player ffs.

    Spalletti has a very short lease at the moment. I think if we lose the next game Conte is taking over.

  9. Thanks (1): rfU

  10. #3266
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,151
    Thanked
    8,499 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Conte also won with Chelsea though.
    I'm sorry, but I can't take that league very seriously. I might do when they start doing so.

    It's a league where Mancini and Ranieri managed to come up as winners and it never takes a masterclass genius to overcome anyone. All you neleed to do is motivate the players and force them to concentrate on playing football over having a London West-End lifestyle no matter where he is (because all players magically end up in London every other weekend despite playing closer to Scotland).

    Only those who manage to do stuff in Europe are worth a shot. And even Klopp was essentially lucky as he had to face teams like Porto, Man City (domestic rival) and they overcame Roma mostly due to hostile ref decisions. And I'm not counting flukes like Di Matteo.

    And whether we like it or not, Jose Mourinho was the last PL manager to win in Europe.

    It's actually very simple. There aren't many great managers around. Spalletti is probably in the top 10 right now (top 5 in no order => Guardiola, Simeone, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Klopp.. the rest are debatable. And yes, including Zidane.) and we don't even like him. Other than a stop-gap, we should settle for nothing short of Mourinho or Simeone for our next manager. Only other acceptable option is some young relatively unknown name that has shown potential, with someone like Cambiasso as his assistant.

  11. Thanks (1): Hasan

  12. #3267
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    833
    Thanked
    657 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    My dear friends, i know for many it's a big blow in your sentiments, but … Conte is in pole-position to be our next coach.
    Would be better to prepare your stomach for a life-long rubentino and a 3-man defense!

    But you know what! There is a good possibility it will work! I don't like the guy, but fuck, all i want is to be competitive again!

  13. Thanks (1): rfU

  14. #3268
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanked
    15,803 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Trapattoni did quite well as a coach at Inter. If it's written in the stars that conte is our manager next season, maybe he will win us the title, too.

    I understand and I share the feeling of repulsion for every juventino (and I would rather love to have simeone), but if this is the director we are headed to, at least it's a good coach.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  15. Thanks (1): MVD

  16. #3269
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanked
    6,198 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    He did attack the players, like many coaches nowadays do. Which to me sounds ridiculous, taking the blame is part of the job of whoever is in a position of command
    Mourinho disagrees. It is the other way around now, the players are in command.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

  17. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

  18. #3270
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,151
    Thanked
    8,499 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Trapattoni did quite well as a coach at Inter. If it's written in the stars that conte is our manager next season, maybe he will win us the title, too.

    I understand and I share the feeling of repulsion for every juventino (and I would rather love to have simeone), but if this is the director we are headed to, at least it's a good coach.
    Trapattoni was not a Juventino, he just was a very successsful (trophy wise, because let's not ignore those abysmal early 80s Scudetti they won over Roma and Fiorentina in 1981, 1982 and 1984) Juventus manager.

    Just to be clear, Trapattoni was a Milanista. It's sort of the reverse of Fabio Capello who was a Juventino that also played for Milan and had much more coaching sucess at Milan.

  19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, _OC_

  20. #3271
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanked
    15,803 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Dude, i was trying to sugarcoat the pill
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  21. Thanks (1): MVD

  22. #3272
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,151
    Thanked
    8,499 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Dude, i was trying to sugarcoat the pill
    You can't sugarcoat the cicuta.

  23. #3273

    Join Date
    03 Dec 18
    Posts
    78
    Thanked
    45 times

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Why's nobody mentioning wenger, he is my choice.

  24. #3274
    Doffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 May 11
    Posts
    3,039
    Thanked
    1,290 times
    Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

    Chile

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-city-serie-a/

    at least there is a rumour, and its not even a year old. arguably the best coach we could possibly get, by a landslide. if suning is serious they better get to work.

    who are we going to replace ausilio with?

  25. Thanks (1): Palacio

  26. #3275
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    5,854
    Thanked
    12,264 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Trapattoni did quite well as a coach at Inter. If it's written in the stars that conte is our manager next season, maybe he will win us the title, too.

    I understand and I share the feeling of repulsion for every juventino (and I would rather love to have simeone), but if this is the director we are headed to, at least it's a good coach.
    So was Lippi and we all know how that ended up. Those of us who are old enough to remember it don't want to experience it again. Conte and Inter would be a very bad fit in so many ways. If i watch Conte celebrating an Inter goal like a crazy Interista i will vomit. Anyone but Conte!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-city-serie-a/

    at least there is a rumour, and its not even a year old. arguably the best coach we could possibly get, by a landslide. if suning is serious they better get to work.

    who are we going to replace ausilio with?
    I have a feeling Pep wouldn't work in Italy. Besides, in order to convince Guardiola we would have to offer him a ridiculously high budget which we can't afford.

  27. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Adriano@10, MVD

  28. #3276
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanked
    15,803 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    As if I wanted conte, dudes. Marotta wants him.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  29. Thanks (1): MVD

  30. #3277
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,147
    Thanked
    1,021 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Why's nobody mentioning wenger, he is my choice.
    We should have a down vote / No Thanks button for bad ideas.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, n4l

  32. #3278
    A.l.i's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Dec 06
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanked
    2,000 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Pakistan

    95 10 years of FIF
    Defensive coaches have always delivered here (well most). Its like its in our DNA. Conte even though I dislike for his style of play and army like attitude but I guess he might go along well.
    Spoiler: text 

  33. Thanks (1): rfU

  34. #3279
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanked
    6,198 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Why's nobody mentioning wenger, he is my choice.
    I'm curious why no one wants Allegri here. He's the greatest Italian coach for the latest 15years. I mean 2 CL finals with Rube and how many Serie A?

    With rumors about Zidane taking over rube it would be perfect to get Allegri here so we all can finally see how great he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

  35. Thanks (1): MVD

  36. #3280
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,787
    Thanked
    11,200 times
    Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I'm curious why no one wants Allegri here. He's the greatest Italian coach for the latest 15years. I mean 2 CL finals with Rube and how many Serie A?

    With rumors about Zidane taking over rube it would be perfect to get Allegri here so we all can finally see how great he is.
    Question is why the fuck would Allegri choose us?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •