View Poll Results: Who do you (realistically) want to coach Inter next season?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conte

25 31.65%
  • Allegri

40 50.63%
  • Pochettino

7 8.86%
  • Other

7 8.86%
Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4131

Thread: Perpetual Managers Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    So can we say that bringing back Spalletti is indeed a realistic option?
    In theory, yes. But i think a Spalletti return is very unrealistic. He had lost the dressing room and he had a very bad relationship with Marotta. His relationship with the management has probably become even worse after the failed negotiations for the termination of his contract when he was close to Milan last season.
    #CONTEOUT

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    As I said before, I'd honestly take Spalletti back to finish off the season. Maybe enforce him with the presence of Cambiasso as a member of the coaching staff and obviously keep Oriali around.

Spalletti may have given the perception that he's stuck on a 4-2-3-1, but funnily enough, he played with a 3-5-2 as well at Roma just before coming over.

It'd be a bad idea, but it's not as bad an idea as keeping Conte around.

Marotta will want to bring Allegri who won't be cheap and we'll have Conte (11-12m), Spalletti (4m) and Allegri (7-10m) on the payroll, all because Marotta was a moron to pick Conte to begin with. So it's not going to happen. Marotta rarely fires a coach he selects anyway and there's no convincing Conte to resign I suppose. Suning must take action and if Marotta presses hard to keep Conte, he's free to go as well.

Suning must realize that the only thing good they have is pumping money into the club, they should let competent Interisti handle the every day stuff. Give director spots to people like Walter Zenga, Nicolino Berti, add some key foreigners like Luis Figo (is he still an "ambassador" or is he exclusive to UEFA/FIFA stuff now?), Youri Djorkaeff or Diego Milito...
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

4. Thanks (1): bubba zanetti

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    As I said before, I'd honestly take Spalletti back to finish off the season. Maybe enforce him with the presence of Cambiasso as a member of the coaching staff and obviously keep Oriali around.

Spalletti may have given the perception that he's stuck on a 4-2-3-1, but funnily enough, he played with a 3-5-2 as well at Roma just before coming over.

Marotta will want to bring Allegri who won't be cheap and we'll have Conte (11-12m), Spalletti (4m) and Allegri (7-10m) on the payroll, all because Marotta was a moron to pick Conte to begin with. So it's not going to happen. Marotta rarely fires a coach he selects anyway and there's no convincing Conte to resign I suppose. Suning must take action and if Marotta presses hard to keep Conte, he's free to go as well.

Suning must realize that the only thing good they have is pumping money into the club, they should let competent Interisti handle the every day stuff.
    Marotta already wanted to fire Conte last summer and he wanted to bring Allegri. It was Zhang who decided to stick with Conte.
    #CONTEOUT

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Marotta already wanted to fire Conte last summer and he wanted to bring Allegri. It was Zhang who decided to stick with Conte.
    Marotta did not really want to fire Conte. Marotta was just preparing for the next day, since he was aware that Conte had fractured his relationship with the club.

Conte wanted to get fired, Marotta would have preferred it if Conte was out of the way but he's not going to make a decision that will cost Suning 50m including taxes and have it be seen as an obvious blunder of his.

#ConteOut

Italy

Suning must realize that the only thing good they have is pumping money into the club, they should let competent Interisti handle the every day stuff. Give director spots to people like Walter Zenga, Nicolino Berti, add some key foreigners like Luis Figo (is he still an "ambassador" or is he exclusive to UEFA/FIFA stuff now?), Youri Djorkaeff or Diego Milito...
    i dont' agree with your last sentence.

A management cannot be composed of just Inter fans or supporters. WE need high management skills and compenteces, not just Inter lovers. This is real life, not a videogame.

9. Thanks (4): DARi0, Il Drago, rfU, Wings

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboyv88 View Post
    i dont' agree with your last sentence.

A management cannot be composed of just Inter fans or supporters. WE need high management skills and compenteces, not just Inter lovers. This is real life, not a videogame.
    And that is why you have guys like Antonello running and supervising the business end.

Can you tell me what skills do Edwin Van der Sar and Kar-Heinz Rummenigge possess that makes them run the most successful football clubs in their country?

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    If anything history thought us is that Juventino cannot succeed at Inter.

World Champions, World Class coaches, great players ...

All failed
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    If anything history thought us is that Juventino cannot succeed at Inter.

World Champions, World Class coaches, great players ...

All failed
    The Conte situation reminds me so much of Lippi. Lippi was a also a star in singling out great players who didn't fit with his agenda (Baggio, Pagliuca,....)

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    The Conte situation reminds me so much of Lippi. Lippi was a also a star in singling out great players who didn't fit with his agenda (Baggio, Pagliuca,....)
    Pagliuca when Lippi came because he was completely against this person, feelings were mutual of course and the club accepted Lippi's demand to buy Peruzzi from Juventus for a hefty price. We handed Pagliuca to Bologna, who went on to be the best Serie A goalkeeper for the next 6 years or so there (neither Buffon nor Toldo was it while Pagliuca was still around). Peruzzi left a year later, at least not on a loss.

But Lippi had seen Bergomi retired prematurely, Simeone sent to Lazio in the Vieri deal which wasn't really necessary to complete it [but at least we got Di Biagio as a replacement and not someone like Vampeta), Baggio was tormented as you mentioned under Lippi, as he had refused to leave us when we appointed him, which was another request by Lippi at the time, but the player that was sacrificed was Djorkaeff because Lippi wanted to bring his pal Vlad Jugovic.

Lippi's transfers actually were pretty spot on. The problem was with the players leaving, the way it happened and the way he handled those who refused to leave, such as Roberto Baggio and Francesco Moriero, but he wasn't really in a position to succeed anymore. He became completely insignificant after Lippi appeared though.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    So can we say that bringing back Spalletti is indeed a realistic option?
    The first thing Spalletti will ask if he receives the phone call is contract extension. Why would someone who is being paid to sit at home would decide to come to work for the same price?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Can you tell me what skills do Edwin Van der Sar and Kar-Heinz Rummenigge possess that makes them run the most successful football clubs in their country?
    van der Sar and Rummenigge happen to work at the most successful clubs in their countries. van der Sar and Rummenigge did not single handedly make Ajax and Bayern Munich the most successful clubs in their countries

Obviously they combine their club vision with legitimate skills but there are plenty of clubs with non-affiliated staff who do fine. The skills are more important.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. Thanks (3): ADRossi, J.., Wings

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    van der Sar and Rummenigge happen to work at the most successful clubs in their countries. van der Sar and Rummenigge did not single handedly make Ajax and Bayern Munich the most successful clubs in their countries

Obviously they combine their club vision with legitimate skills but there are plenty of clubs with non-affiliated staff who do fine. The skills are more important.
    Where did I imply that they created them?

The essence is, that these superb organizations have allowed their former legendary players to pretty much control the sporting aspect. We have Marotta, someone who never played football. Our most promising times under Moratti was when he let Facchetti, Branca and Oriali run things. Then there's also Ausilio who was part of our Primavera for 5 years as a director and generally has overseen various aspects of the club but he doesn't really have much of a say and never played professionally iirc. You still need these guys, but at the end of the day, it's all much better when your legends run the sporting side of things.

The problem in this period of time is that with the globalization & commercialization of the game and the effects of Bosman, you do not have the luxury of having an abundance of potential suitors for this job, as you only have a handful of Italians and from the foreigners, not everyone decides to reside in Milano after his playing career is over. Plus, less players get attached to their clubs these days due to having shorter time there. When you think that from the current generation your former players that could possibly be part of this scheme are D'Ambrosio, Ranocchia and Gagliardini, it is understandable why this direction can be questioned

I'll add Barcelona and Real Madrid to this list.

The only 'successful' teams that do not have this pattern are Premier League clubs. That's because they just have a shit ton of revenue, and money in general, and they just buy players all the time. Their transfer success rate is laughable and the amount of careers that are ruined due to following the money is actually pretty alarming. Unfortunately, we share more traits with this strategy than the other one.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Chris Eriksen

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    The first thing Spalletti will ask if he receives the phone call is contract extension. Why would someone who is being paid to sit at home would decide to come to work for the same price?
    Isn't he obligated to coach us because we're paying him salary?
    calma ragazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    FFP is for broke scrubs and teams that WANT to follow it

top dogs like psg or city dont give a f

19. Thanks (2): GenDire, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Obviously former players are more suited for sporting/technical director roles than people who have never played football but the skills need to be there. Not every former player has a good eye for talent. There are many former players who succeeded in those roles (Rummenigge, van der Sar, Zorc, Begiristain etc.) but there are also many who failed (Dennis Wise, Franco Baldini, Eric Abidal etc.)
    #CONTEOUT

21. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Chris Eriksen

Ukraine

What about Manuel Pellegrini? Is he jobless right now?
    calma ragazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    FFP is for broke scrubs and teams that WANT to follow it

top dogs like psg or city dont give a f

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    Isn't he obligated to coach us because we're paying him salary?
    Worst idea ever to force a coach to coach the team. I mean, here we are releasing Conte from his duties to force the previous coach to come back to coach for the remained of the season, knowing he's not gonna continue that work after the season. What's the motivation to do that extra, which would be needed such case? He gets his salary by sitting at home.

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    What about Manuel Pellegrini? Is he jobless right now?
    Nah, he's coaching Real Betis. Marcelino is available though. Always thought he's an underrated coach. I wanted him at Inter some years ago when his name was brought as an option.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

25. Thanks (2): eduzee, Hasan

Malta

What a funny read haha, I’ll admit had me chucking throughout. The part of let’s bring Spalletti especially had me rolling on the floor with laughter. You guys are something else. Keep it up

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    What a funny read haha, I’ll admit had me chucking throughout. The part of let’s bring Spalletti especially had me rolling on the floor with laughter. You guys are something else. Keep it up
    I am rolling on the floor in epic laughter when I read posts from people who are still defending that wigcunt Conte.

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

Just go Coachless, fuck it. They can play Rock Paper Scissors to decide lineups and just play a free for all style. Revolutionary stuff
    ------------Milito.
    Pandev-----Sneijder-----Eto'o.
    ------Motta--Cambiasso.
    Zanetti-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon.
    -----------Julio Cesar.

29. Thanks (2): delaurentis, Vertigo