View Poll Results: Who do you think will be our next manager? (NOT who you WANT)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simeone

8 11.76%
  • Conte

5 7.35%
  • Spalletti

50 73.53%
  • Pochettino

0 0%
  • Other

5 7.35%
Page 162 of 185 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164165172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3697

Thread: Perpetual Managers Rumours Thread

Fav. Player

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    I mean, who else is there? Zidane and Simeone aren't coming. Mourinho said he already rejected an offer from us. There is only Conte left.
    Source?
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

2. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Source?
    People were talking about it in the Mourinho thread, I’ll scroll through when I get home to see if there was a source cited or not.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

4. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

I'd be happy with Conte. He's not a type to last long anywhere, he is able to provide great season or two, and this gives us probably sufficient waiting time for Cholo. Realistically he could be our best shot.

Who else is available? Personally I think Zidane would perform below expectations (IMO he's more of a extremely good motivator rather than an a tactican) and besides him there's not much. People were talking about Blanc in the context of United, so maybe that would be an option but I don't know much about him.

Better that than sticking with Spalletti who is loosing it again. The only danger that Conte carries is that the conflict would escalte to the point an important player would demand to leave. Other than that, there are only short term opportunities... but at the same time a season or two for a coach these days is hell lot of time.

6. Thanks (1): magnesium

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    If the players are already turned against their coach, Conte is really the last coach you will hire. He will be hated by the players so soon.
    I see where you are coming from, but has Conte had issues with players anywhere other than Chelsea? I believe Juve players really liked him there and same goes with the Italy squad. It could be just me, but it seems to be that Chelsea have a lot of spoiled players who have fallen out with other coaches in the past as well.

It could also be a culture thing where he just didn't fit in there.

8. Thanks (1): magnesium

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

People named all kind of big names: Zidane, Guar, Mou, Conte... but big name who would fit Inter at this very moment is only Simeone.

Inter is not RM when Zidane took over, same can be argued about Conte and Chelsea, Guar and Bayern/City. We lack a clear sense of purpose (mentality problem), a clear football philosophy (by that I mean we neither defend well as a team nor we have an intrusive pattern of attacking build up) and chemistry (we bought a lot but not really those who can supplement each other). Among these, the lackadaisical mentality is a huge problem. N9 is the marquee signing this year and he was hoped to infuse some inspiration. CL exit in such a manner was also a big input to our current situation. Finally, Spalletti philosophical responses are in fact empty statements (i.e. we should have been more organized, we should have attacked more, we should have defended better, etc). We really don't have anyone or anything to sustain the momentum that was generated at the end of the last season.

In this situation, Simeone is perhaps the only one who can do Mourinho and Ranieri job at the same time. If we cant get Simeone (obviously, we cant), better stick with Spallo for rest of the season and let see if Sunning and Marrotta could bring fresh air to this team. Then we can make better decision about coaching (Conte or Simeone kinds of coach).

10. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Jurgen Klopp is my dream.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

I prefer Conte than other coach.
    Because we already have Marotta.
    Marotta know what Conte wants. And know all about Conte.
    So Marotta can prepare a team for Conte, after that i am sure we will success.

Conte have Serie A experience, especially know about Juventus, Their weakness.
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

To be very subjective, i personally hate this Cunte rubentino's 3-5-2. Moreover, he cried a lot in the media about not getting the players he wanted

14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It's better than suck it up and work with Vecino tbh. At least it rings with me.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I feel as if the players have given up on Spalletti. The draw against PSV was just the tip of the iceberg. Since that game we've barely beaten Udinese, Empoli and Napoli. None of those victories were emphatic "We played a great game of football tonight" victories either. Then of course we drew against fucking Sassuolo and fucking Chievo both of which were utter shit shows from our manager and players. I don't even want to get into the Torino game.

If the players have indeed given up on him, I honestly can't see how Zhang and company sit by idly. CL qualification is a must for this club. To finally make the CL after years of not being in it only to revert to being a 5-7th place side would be a disaster.

I'm not sure who the right man for the job is but these next few games will be telling for Spalletti's future.

17. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, DARi0, Pajo

Fav. Player
    JZ,Adri,Chino

Iran

With all respect, I think all these talks about a club having no football philosophy are nonsense. A right coach with the right players at his disposal can transform the playing style of a team even in short term. Sarri at Chelsea is the best example. He inherited a team from the likes of Mourinho and Conte. Now they are playing a completely different football.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Aliano View Post
    With all respect, I think all these talks about a club having no football philosophy are nonsense. A right coach with the right players at his disposal can transform the playing style of a team even in short term. Sarri at Chelsea is the best example. He inherited a team from the likes of Mourinho and Conte. Now they are playing a completely different football.
    Not completely true, Mourinho and Conte played pretty attacking football in their first years and won the title. Only to park the bus every match after that. So it's not like Chelsea was like Atletico before Sarri arrives but I understand your point.

I have the feeling people overrating the influence of a coach. Good players make a good coach, not the otherway around. Only sidenote is that a good coach creates an invironment in which his players perform the best and that should be the only reason to sack Spalletti in the middle of the season. If it is true the players don't want him anymore he should be sacked, otherwise keep him untill the summer. Nobody is going to make this Inter an attacking force which can compete with Juventus or even Napoli. Vecino, Dalbert, Candreva, Gags, Valero etc etc do not suddenly become good footballers with Conte as manager.

Inter is a club who plays as the coach at that moment wants. And because every manager could bring in his own players you have alot players who are bought for millions and after a manager switch don't even play anymore. Inter should be like Barcelona, Ajax, Bayern etc. Clubs with a clear idea of football and the way of playing so it doesn't matter who the coach is you going to play like this or that. So you don't have to buy or sell 5 or 6 players every time you change your coach.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliano View Post
    Sarri revamped the entire midfield...with 3 purchases in Jorginho, Kovacic, and Barkley.

Just so that they could play his football.

If we have the same level of investment, then we can do it too.
    Wallace

21. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    "we should get either Conte or Sarri"

No, not ideally. By now Marotta should know that only one of those two is a viable option. Both should not be options.

If we have to change coach, we should be looking for progression and continuity. The days of hiring whichever biggest name coach available should be history. Conte & Sarri play a very different style of football, and who need very different type of players. If by now we don't know which direction we want to head towards, I fear no change of coach can help us. We just don't have the kind of funds to buy a new squad for every new coach.

But I can see why there is confusion among fans. We are not sure which is our intended direction, because we have been in a state of change over the last 2 seasons as a football style. My guess is that since Spalletti is so forcibly moving towards a possession based football style with building attacks from very deep, we are moving away from "Conte" and heading towards "Sarri" as a club.

But this is Inter. Its quite possible that there is no plan and we will hire whichever coach is available, making many of player investments redundant.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It became clear after last night's meeting to Spalletti that it's either an improvement from last season or he's going home.

That means 3rd place and/or competing for a trophy. Rumours around the club suggest that if we fail to beat Lazio, Spalletti is not going to be the coach. Maybe he'll be let to finish the season, reach top 4 and leave amicably or he could be sacked instantly. Either way, everyone knows that shit got real.

I'm still undecided on Spalletti but I'll probably get on the 'get lost' bandwagon if we fail to beat Lazio in the cup.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Good observation on "we don't know in what direction we are heading".

I would like our resident Juventino to enlighten us on what was the roadmap of "we are firing Conte" back in 2014. Was Allegri prime candidate for the job? Have anybody compared the football philosophies of Conte&Allegri? I know that Agnelli himself chose Conte in 2011 after Marotta's minion Delneri failed spectacularly but who chose Allegri?

As for our top management, I am only confident in Marotta's football vision but even he failed with Delneri and he was lucky enough to have Conte so I am not sure if he really can choose good coaches. Steven is young and knows shit about football, Ausilio and Gardini will choose Italian underachiever over good international coach (I remember reading that it was them who insisted on choosing Pioli in 2016), Antonello is just a top business executive so Marotta will be the ultimate decision-maker and I suspect that he will choose the path of least resistance (i.e. inviting old chap Conte) instead of looking at bigger picture and maybe inviting someone with less palmarčs but more suitable vision of football.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

25. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, DARi0

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Honestly couldn't give a fuck about Italian Cup. Serie A is the most important at this point. We are still 3rd, we just need to find our game to the level that we can keep that 3rd spot. I feel that we can't find a coach in the middle of the season who could do better than Spalletti. Spalletti at least knows the team. We can't react in the market anymore for the new coach if Spallo would be sacked. It's just too much of a risky play IMO to sack him.

Of course I know the risks of keeping him if the locker room is lost. I just hope it isn't at that point yet.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Our future in the next years will depend of Marotta and his decisions. And that makes me more confident. Even so, there is no guarantee he will succeed. And I exclude the idea that he could be a Rube trojan, who would try to destroy us. I found it from the beginning complete idiotic.

From my point of view, it's not a problem if we choose between Conte or Sarri (or someone who want more possession football). We have only 4 players worth to build around (Skrniar, de Vrij, Brozovic and Icardi). I would include Lautaro as a talent. Other than this 4, I don't give a shit, if Marotta put them on the selling table. With these 4 you can build a team capable to play every style.

Belgium

Bring back Mourinho.

There I said it. I don't expect him to do the same trick as many years ago, but I would love to see him back on our bench.

29. Thanks (1): Maicon

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Antonio Conte to SkySport: "Inter? At the moment I've not received any bid from Italy".

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: 'No Italian offers'
    Football Italia

Antonio Conte said he is “waiting for the next destination, but I have not received any offers from Italian clubs. Chelsea is the past now.”

The former Italy, Juventus and Chelsea Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia this evening.

“I’m fine, very good. I certainly miss the training ground, but I had decided to have some rest for this year. I am very relaxed and waiting for the next destination.

“I went to see Atalanta v Juventus, as I flew in to Milan from London to attend the game. I have not received any offers from Italian clubs.”

Conte was asked if he knew that Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea had lost 4-0 to Bournemouth in the Premier League this evening.

“I didn’t know. Chelsea is the past for me now. I don’t want to talk about it, especially as there is still legal action on-going between me and the club.”

There have been reports linking Conte with the jobs at Inter and as of today Roma, seeing as the Giallorossi crashed out of the Coppa Italia with a humiliating 7-1 defeat to Fiorentina.

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD