View Poll Results: Who do you think will be our next manager? (NOT who you WANT)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simeone

8 11.76%
  • Conte

5 7.35%
  • Spalletti

50 73.53%
  • Pochettino

0 0%
  • Other

5 7.35%
Page 165 of 171 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3420

Thread: Perpetual Managers Rumours Thread

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Can someone tell me what Allegri's so great football style and philosophy is? All I see is a cross fest and prior to that all I saw was the famous Mancini tactic of "give it to Zlatan and wait".
    At Cagliari who got him because he promoted Sassuolo to Serie B as a gamble, well, it was even more cross fest in his first season (which panned out very well despite 5 losses in the first 5 games) and then he almost got them relegated and got sacked before the season ended, with the pretty much the same exact philosophy and players. He was lucky that he had Marchetti at goal and his first season turned out great because fucking Acquafresca had the season of his lifetime and Conti's son was at his peak while he didn't have Acquafresca in the second year, but he had a superior player in Matri there.

Compare him to Di Francesco for example who had a similar path (Sassuolo), promoting a club to Serie A whilst playing the best football in Serie B for 2 years in a row, coming to Serie A and play some of the best football in Serie A with one of the weaker squad and usually do better every season (17th, 12th, 6th, 12th)... there's no contest. Give people an option between 2010 Allegri and 2017 Di Francesco and no one in their right mind will say that Allegri is the most promising of the two. He just got lucky that Milan needed someone who would simply listen to Berlusconi and Galliani

If we went for Allegri after Mourinho people would be rioting. Let's all thank him for helping Milan get that 8th place in his final season.

So for those who might not get the spirit of the post, instead of wanting to get some average manager like Allegri, I'd much rather build a squad and an environment where the name of the manager won't matter as much. We could hire Eugenio Corini and be successful if we manage to fix our roster. It doesn't really matter who the manager is unless it's one of the highest level. And Allegri isn't one of them.

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Guardiola would be a dream, a guy who can make a team like Inter become regular in the league, maybe not CL, but scudetto chances.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    We should have a down vote / No Thanks button for bad ideas.
    Y'all keep barking that we dont give chances for our youths. You know who gives chances to their youths? Wenger.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    With Cholo unavailable at the moment Mourinho is the only option for us.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Laos

We need character. We need Brendan Rodgers.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Y'all keep barking that we dont give chances for our youths. You know who gives chances to their youths? Wenger.
    Of course. Probably more than any other coach. Still, I don't see him here. At Arsenal he decided everything and he had a lot of time at his disposal. He would have none of this things here. He remained for so long at Arsenal because he brought them a lot of money. In this regard probably he was the most underpaid manager in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    With Cholo unavailable at the moment Mourinho is the only option for us.
    No my friend, absolutely false.
    Another things which bother me is our inability to find coaches or stick with them. I mean why couldn't we find a coach at a second tier team who could take us to the top? Mancini won after Juve and Milan were decimated, Trapattoni and Mourinho were already world-class. You need to dig until 1979-80 to find Bersellini, who come from Sampdoria and in 3 years won the scudetto with us. 40 fucking years.

Juventus won with Lippi or Conte. Milan with Sacchi, Capello, Zacheronni, Allegri.

Why? Probably the easiest answer and in the same time the truth: our level of incompetence is much bigger.

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Muntari Akbar View Post
    We need character. We need Brendan Rodgers.
    Wrong link mate. This isn't the Forza Spezia Forums.

9. Thanks (3): Cris, nyers, Steevee

Fav. Player

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Of course. Probably more than any other coach. Still, I don't see him here. At Arsenal he decided everything and he had a lot of time at his disposal. He would have none of this things here. He remained for so long at Arsenal because he brought them a lot of money. In this regard probably he was the most underpaid manager in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

No my friend, absolutely false.
    Another things which bother me is our inability to find coaches or stick with them. I mean why couldn't we find a coach at a second tier team who could take us to the top? Mancini won after Juve and Milan were decimated, Trapattoni and Mourinho were already world-class. You need to dig until 1979-80 to find Bersellini, who come from Sampdoria and in 3 years won the scudetto with us. 40 fucking years.

Juventus won with Lippi or Conte. Milan with Sacchi, Capello, Zacheronni, Allegri.

Why? Probably the easiest answer and in the same time the truth: our level of incompetence is much bigger.
    I think the thing is to stick with current coach even when there are tough times.

Inter have let the media, general opinion and players opinion to effect too much about decision to fire coaches.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

11. Thanks (1): abuali

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

13. Thanks (5): Ed., magnesium, MVD, Pimpin, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Wow! This photo tells the whole mess, we were in. If in 8 years you change 8 coaches, you cannot wait anything good to happen. And not the coach is the main problem. Ok, one is not our level, the other is inexperienced, the has no big club mentality and so on!
    But at the end, the coach is not the main problem, the upper level is rotten.

15. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Vatican

The fat one gets to be the goalie. Universal rules.

Fav. Player

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    That midfield is as solid as Inter's current one.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

Fav. Player
    Facchetti

United States

Can we just get Mihailovic?

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Spalletti cannot turn around this. We were lucky we had Lazio as top 4 rival last year but now even Milan look more likely to finish above us.

Hire Chuco til the end of the season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

United States

The thing that scares be about Conte is 1. We don’t really have a LCB for the back 3 formation. We might next year if we bring Bastoni back but Conte ain’t really gonna be here to develop young players. 2. Another coach who likes soldiers over footballers. He will pick Vecino just like Spalletti did, watch.

21. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, MVD, Universe, Wings

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Conte will also lose the players once they decide they don't like his 'negative' brand of football. The only name that might motivate them is Mourinho but he too, (ideally) needs to update his playbook.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    I would get Mourinho, at least we maybe get to the Coppa italia final or semifinals.
    All players Mou got us was bankruptcy by buying shit players

He will want insane wages and a golden handshake

Our next coach needs to be in a weaker team in Italy that uses youth players. Ours to be specific and doesn’t need expensive transfers to
    Not be shit.

Mou without 300 million in transfers won’t get us better results then the ones we are getting today
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Vatican

Just some names to finish off the season IF we are really going to pull the trigger here:

Laurent Blanc
    Massimo Carrera
    Roberto Donadoni

I think Massimo Carrera would be the best choice for a February hire. You can evaluate him until the end of the season but he'll know that he won't have much of a future other than showcasing his coaching ability for a team like Roma, Milan or Lazio in the summer.

Hiring a "top" manager that you want to build the next season with is usually a bad idea, so we need a stop gap in the case Spalletti has lost the management's trust.

Donadoni sucks but beats names like Guidolin, Di Matteo, Cocu and Peseiro. And you probably cannot go for someone like Mourinho or Conte now as they will not risk their reputation to save a seemingly sinking ship in the middle of the season when the 3rd place seems secure and there's a chance of "doing worse" than their predecessor. Laurent Blanc is borderline on this category but I think he'd take the Inter bench without thinking about it.

26. Thanks (1): phonk

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Conte will also lose the players once they decide they don't like his 'negative' brand of football. The only name that might motivate them is Mourinho but he too, (ideally) needs to update his playbook.
    We dont have superstars with the luxury to like or dislike something, we have fucking Vecinos, Candrevas and Politanos, they should STFU and everyday be thankful for the chance to wear this jersey.

Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Just some names to finish off the season IF we are really going to pull the trigger here:

Laurent Blanc
    Massimo Carrera
    Roberto Donadoni

I think Massimo Carrera would be the best choice for a February hire. You can evaluate him until the end of the season but he'll know that he won't have much of a future other than showcasing his coaching ability for a team like Roma, Milan or Lazio in the summer.

Hiring a "top" manager that you want to build the next season with is usually a bad idea, so we need a stop gap in the case Spalletti has lost the management's trust.

Donadoni sucks but beats names like Guidolin, Di Matteo, Cocu and Peseiro. And you probably cannot go for someone like Mourinho or Conte now as they will not risk their reputation to save a seemingly sinking ship in the middle of the season when the 3rd place seems secure and there's a chance of "doing worse" than their predecessor. Laurent Blanc is borderline on this category but I think he'd take the Inter bench without thinking about it.
    Blanc was one of the first names that came to my mind as well. The problem is that he hasn't coached in almost 3 years.

29. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude