View Poll Results: Who do you think will be our next manager? (NOT who you WANT)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simeone

8 11.76%
  • Conte

5 7.35%
  • Spalletti

50 73.53%
  • Pochettino

0 0%
  • Other

5 7.35%
Page 172 of 193 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3844

Thread: Perpetual Managers Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Meh winning in football depends on a lot of circumstances, some managers are luckier than others, of course there are exceptions I can recall Conte and Mourinho doing fantastic things with weaker sides but the general rule is that managers who win are backed up by a strong club structure and have a squad built to win just look at Allegri who is not a fantastic manager but get's best out of his team.

Spalletti imo has done well, he has always met expectations and should be given another year considering:

a) managers available (Conte would require an overhaul plus he's a Gobbo & Mourinho well it's been done but the bright side is he can at least adapt to the squad at his disposal but I think he's lost the ability to connect with players of this generation so it's still a gamble).

b) As i said to win you need a solid structure and a squad actually capable to do so, in relation to the former I think the club is finally showing a backbone with Suning and with us getting rid of the settlement agreement we can actually have a net transfer spend.

If we make the CL Spalletti definitely deserves another year since we can continue to build on his work from these past 2 years and hopefully continue to improve the side. There is no need to throw away everything and restart from scratch there are good things in this team we just need that little bit of fairy dust that could turn this pumpkin into a fucking horse carriage that wins titles.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Sarri is a good manager for middle table teams, not for a big one.

3. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Inter and Sarriball is incompatible.
    I think we would love to play Sarriball, we just don't have the patience to develop it. Here are the pro's & con's of Inter hiring Sarri:

Pro's
    1. Plays beautiful possession based football, something that we are trying to move towards
    2. Very good at developing players to suit his philosophy - will not need huge transfer budgets
    3. His tactics are very current (unlike Spalletti, Mou, etc), so he could be a long term solution for us
    4. (Until Chelsea) he has been constantly improving, its the right trajectory (unlike Spalletti, Mou, etc)

Cons
    1. Doesn't understand big club pressure. You cannot be so stubborn that you've no plan B if things are not working. At a ambitious club like Inter, you have to take care of short term and long term goals. Inter fans would turn on him within 6 months.
    2. Hasn't managed the star player egos well at Chelsea. Napoli was different, it was a bunch of starlets and rejects from big clubs. Coaching at a big club is completely different. At Chelsea when he publicly criticised his players, it didn't go down well.
    3. Hasn't won anything yet so is not a proven winner, though that is understandable considering where he has coached.
    4. Does not rotate the squad and is very stubborn with subs (At Chelsea, Kova-Barkley & Pedro-Willian subs happen pretty much every game). Which usually means he neglects youngsters.

Overall (specifically because of the first 2 cons) I don't think he will be suitable for a chaotic & high pressure environment like Inter. Until he demonstrates that he has learnt how to manage at a big club, he is just too much of a risk for us at this stage.

5. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, DARi0, Irequis, MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

Inter doesn't have the patience to have a football philosophy, Sarriball is out of the question.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

How about Manuel Pelegrini from West Ham? Idk is he available but kinda like him.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Ya'll harsh as fuck on Spaletti,.

Going to say something super controversial and not very popular...but I want him one more year.

Give him a new killer central midfielder to replace Vecino. A workhorse with good technical and passing ability.
    Give him two competent full-back who can also attack.
    Get rid of Perisic or Icardi and replace them adequately.

Lucibaldi has done an amazing job in getting us to play up from the back. Something we have not been able to do for decades tbh. However there is an issue that when it goes from Handa, to Skrimask, to Bozo - it dies at Vecino.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    To me, his greatest issue is that there is no tactic going forward whatsoever except crosses, there is no playbook, there are no planned movements in middle or final third, no triangles between players to bypass the opponent.

The only thing we constantly see is overlap and cross and that's about it. Almost two years have passed and we still see our players blocking passing lines to each other, no one coming short for the ball (except Brozo), no one offering passing options when another player is in a tough spot.

This is why Lautaro (who is really average so far) and Politano (also very average) can excite us as fans with a dribble or a backheel, those are only bits of unpredictability in Inter's play in the last two seasons (or even longer).

10. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Ya'll harsh as fuck on Spaletti,.

Going to say something super controversial and not very popular...but I want him one more year.

Give him a new killer central midfielder to replace Vecino. A workhorse with good technical and passing ability.
    Give him two competent full-back who can also attack.
    Get rid of Perisic or Icardi and replace them adequately.

Lucibaldi has done an amazing job in getting us to play up from the back. Something we have not been able to do for decades tbh. However there is an issue that when it goes from Handa, to Skrimask, to Bozo - it dies at Vecino.
    This! I agree 100%, remember Spalletti never had a mercato without the Settlement agreement and in addition he actually has a weaker side than last year.

Last year we had the likes of Rafinha and Cancelo starting, Radja and Vrsaljko were their replacements, with the latter it's unfortunate the player was injured and Radja had a decent start but then went AWOL in the most important two months of our season. He has a little more depth but strictly speaking it's the same midfield and maybe a few wider options but I don't think Politano and Keita give a major boost to what we were last season.

Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    To me, his greatest issue is that there is no tactic going forward whatsoever except crosses, there is no playbook, there are no planned movements in middle or final third, no triangles between players to bypass the opponent.

The only thing we constantly see is overlap and cross and that's about it. Almost two years have passed and we still see our players blocking passing lines to each other, no one coming short for the ball (except Brozo), no one offering passing options when another player is in a tough spot.

This is why Lautaro (who is really average so far) and Politano (also very average) can excite us as fans with a dribble or a backheel, those are only bits of unpredictability in Inter's play in the last two seasons (or even longer).
    The aim of Spalletti's football is to press high and to play the ball out from defense, with quick vertical passes. When the team has a slow transition of course the ball ends up wide and it goes for a cross but I don't think Inter under Spalletti is just a crossing team it's just that we haven't had the right players lately, with Radja and Perisic on the up and up we are seeing better football as a result. Fiorentina should have been a cherry on the cake for the team, a great performance but we were basically screwed out of three points.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

Mauritius

Incredible that people want Mourinho, he's completely finished. It's like people didn't watch United. If they actually opt for Mourinho I lose every single grasp of faith in Suning.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by AvantiRagazzi View Post
    Incredible that people want Mourinho, he's completely finished. It's like people didn't watch United. If they actually opt for Mourinho I lose every single grasp of faith in Suning.
    So you are saying Mourinho is finished, because of one team alone? @@ Even more incredible.

Mou is still the only one could win them Europe trophy, since Fergie. He lost the dressing room lately, so their performance has zero correlation to the coach capability. What can he do if the players didn't even want to play?

14. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

If that happens to Spalletti you'd probably say it's his fault that he lost control of the dressing room.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

God if Mou comes and keeps Icardi I will lose my shit in an exploding toilet bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    If that happens to Spalletti you'd probably say it's his fault that he lost control of the dressing room.
    Nope, not me at least. I wouldn't mind keeping Spallo for some years unless he fails to get the pre-determined objectives.

I indeed blamed him for some ridiculous and coward decisions (e.g. playing for a draw vs PSV), but not when problem was somewhere else (e.g. Fio).

19. Thanks (1): Sassuolu

Colombia

Iím on the fence about him, but I rather keep him than getting conte. If we qualify to CL and we make the EL league final then he deserves another year. Also heís key to getting Barella since it seems heís been personally working to get him here. Same thing for chiesa.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

If Spalletti is sacked my first option woudl be Mou.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

22. Thanks (1): compile

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantiRagazzi View Post
    I'm wondering if Mourinho's problems emerge because of him going to environments that don't suit his philosophies. What works at places like Inter doesn't automatically work everywhere else.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, Ť la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Europe

I think that when Mourinho was at Inter his hunger was higher than his salary. Now it is other way round.

25. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, n4l

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

Spalettis gone if we lose the derby, I have a feelingn
    ------------Milito.
    Pandev-----Sneijder-----Eto'o.
    ------Motta--Cambiasso.
    Zanetti-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon.
    -----------Julio Cesar.

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsncider View Post
    Spalettis gone if we lose the derby, I have a feelingn
    I expected him to be fired immediately after losing to Cagliary. But it seems Marotta is stuck with Icardiís problem and doesnít want to add another problem. I am beginning to question his wisdom or if he is the right one for the job. Leonardo would have been a lot better at handling these situations than Marotta. As if Spalletti and Ausilio were not incopetent enough, zhang decided to add another one: Marotta.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    I expected him to be fired immediately after losing to Cagliary. But it seems Marotta is stuck with Icardi’s problem and doesn’t want to add another problem. I am beginning to question his wisdom or if he is the right one for the job. Leonardo would have been a lot better at handling these situations than Marotta. As if Spalletti and Ausilio were not incopetent enough, zhang decided to add another one: Marotta.
    I want Spalletti gone, but at the end of the season, even if we lose the derby.
    You can google a little bit and see how many coaches we change during a season in the last 20 and something years. Moratti had a habit for something like this.
    Never, absolutely never it worked.

Don't bring me United. Mourinho was an idiot who fucked it completely up.