Thread: Inter must adopt a style of play

Fav. Player
    Myself.

Greenland

Inter must adopt a style of play

There are so many style of play in football in which different teams have adopted such as barca using the tiki-taka, atletico madrid and chelsea use aggressive and counter-attacking football, bayern adopted tiki-taka also under guardiola,Ajax also dominated football by with total football style . What about inter ? Back in the 60s we dominated football under Helenio herrera adopting the 'catenaccio',Under mourinho too we dominated football with a defensive,aggressive and counter-attacking style of play but we don't have any style of play currently, we just play football just like solving simultaneos equations without using any formular but yet we want to be one of the best teams in the world and all the big clubs have a particular style of play . To be at the top again we must adopt a particular style of football and as an inter fan I want us to adopt an attacking,possessional and aggressive style of football. As inter fans , if you have any style of play you want inter to adopt, express yours here so that we can see your opinion.

2. Thanks (1): WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

I think it's hard to develop a style of play when we have a team that isn't used to playing together, isn't used to playing in the system it currently is, and has a lot of young and inexperienced players. The key to getting a particular style of play, I feel, is about building a core of players that play together year after year - that was the case with Barca, Man Utd through the last decade, Chelsea (to a lesser extent but still in terms of Terry - Lampard - Drogba) and of course 2010 inter which had asado. Let's see where we are in 4yrs with Kova, JJ, a veteran Rano, Icardi and Dodo playing together and knowing each other's games and hopefully still playing under Mancini.

Until then, it's all about finishing high enough up the table to keep those players (ie top 3) - I feel that's the objective of any signings we bring in. That's why I'm still marginally against selling Icardi, and fully against selling Kova, if we possibly can because I think we'll be best if we have players who know each other.

4. Thanks (1): Batman

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Barca used tikitaka for the last time in the 2011 season. It is known.

Bayern does absolutely not play like Barca did at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

He didn't say Barca still play tikitaka....nor did he really say Bayern play the same tikitake as barca used to. The point he was making is carving out a particular style like those teams have, which is something I agree would be good for Inter to do, but it can only happen in the long term with consistency of players. It's more a symptom of that process, rather than the other way around.

7. Thanks (1): WLEXT

Marshall Islands

^I disagree slightly, with proper direction and not so much short-termism it is definitely possible to directly do, rather than watch happen.

In other words, consistency of players and a style of play are not effects of each other but both results from a clear vision.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

That's probably true...I would just say that you can have consistency of players and get some results without having a particular style of play, but you've got zero chance of having a real style if you've not got players who have played together a lot

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    What are you guys talking about? We already have a style of play. Dominate the first half with possession. Run like headless chickens on the second one.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Sneijder

South Africa

There is no magic when it comes to football tactics. Basically everything, every decision, is a trade-off. We can play with a deeper defensive line, this would help Rano, and we might even get Vidic to be useful. But our attack has no pace up front, so it would struggle, and we would invite a lot of pressure by playing so deep. So while it would help our defence, it would stifle our attack.

You can play a possession style, as Inter has tried. We have the possession, but we don't OUTSCORE our opponents. The idea is that the other side will tire, and will lose their focus at some point. Well, if they don't lose their focus (as Udinese did not) then it doesn't help to have kept possession all game.

We have Nagatomo providing width! Our crosses are from the sideline instead of the byline... Because we have no wingers...

Fav. Player
    Myself.

Greenland

Quote Originally Posted by TGDella View Post
    He didn't say Barca still play tikitaka....nor did he really say Bayern play the same tikitake as barca used to. The point he was making is carving out a particular style like those teams have, which is something I agree would be good for Inter to do, but it can only happen in the long term with consistency of players. It's more a symptom of that process, rather than the other way around.
    Thanks for elaborating what I am trying to say.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

I think Inter should adopt a sugar daddy that doesn't give a shit about fines from ffp. think about it: one sugar daddy shot, 4-5 natural babies spawn. no need for other adoptions. baby one: very good to world class players that are not on their shitty teams loan/unwanted lists. baby two: new stadium. baby three: best coach. baby four: pay all debts and kick massimo out.

but all i know... how is babby made?

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

This is the style of play we should adopt. It's very distinct:

• We used a foundation of a back 3 defense with one centerback who is old and in decline, and two who are incredibly inconsistent.
    • We get a bunch of mediocre wingbacks in the mercato- all with incredible dribbling and zero crossing ability.
    • We have our defensive minded central midfielders who cannot do anything other than execute short passes send passes on the wings to these wingbacks.
    • These wingbacks will cross into the box.
    • In the box we will have one poacher with close to zero technical ability, and an old striker (say 32 years old) who we make run all over the field like a madman for 90 minutes a game, 38 games a season.
    • These two forwards will be responsible for attempting to gather in these crosses, and thus we will score goals

Another alternative is that we play a pathetic CM in a CAM position for no apparent reason and have him blast long distance shots over the crossbar all game. On the occasions where he is dispossessed, he can stand there and await another opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Sneijder

South Africa

Somethings you don't see when Inter plays (feel free to add your own):

Wingers (or anyone) getting to the byline, to put in a cutback or low cross (we only cross from deep, from our wingbacks/fullbacks on the sideline)
    Central mids making dangerous runs off the ball through the center of the field (Kova dribbles, Kuz usually sits back, Guarin runs to the edge of the box and blasts over from there)

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Possession for Italy, Countering for Europe. The best teams can do both just as well.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

They need to adopt a football philosophy first which will guide every decision the club makes then they adapt the playing style to that philosophy. Simple stuff really.
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

18. Thanks (2): MVD, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

We have never done that except the Herrerra era. Mourinho himself said that Inter lack a long term philosophy. I assume this thread is talking about a longer term philosophy, which doesn't matter to me that much tbh if we can play without one and get results. The coach then becomes even more important.
    Spoiler: text 

Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    We have never done that except the Herrerra era. Mourinho himself said that Inter lack a long term philosophy. I assume this thread is talking about a longer term philosophy, which doesn't matter to me that much tbh if we can play without one and get results. The coach then becomes even more important.
    We aren't getting results though.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”