Thread: 2015 Hopes and Expectations

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

2015 Hopes and Expectations

Repost from here

December 31, 2014No Comments

I wanted to introduce my hopes and expectations for 2015 – this seems like as apt a time as possible to do it.

With the new hiring of Roberto Mancini, the key thing clearly has to be sustained management support towards him. We’ve had issues with other coaches – admittedly under a different regime – where the management didn’t support them properly and this clearly drove the only possible outcome from this scenario – failure. Bourne out of this, the top of my hopes and expectations list is that we throw our support – as fans and as a club – fully behind Roberto Mancini. This of course has to be executed within the parameters of the club – don’t expect us to spend tens of millions in this window – but we’ve already seen moves towards exactly what we need – players on loan with the right, and not the obligation, to purchase.

Croatia vs. Portugal, 10th June 2013

I’m not going to pass judgement on the names we are linked with in particular, and while I do have some judgement about some of them (i.e. Lassana Diarra), I don’t think that is necessarily within the scope of this article. Roberto Mancini has quite publicly highlighted the winger positions as the key thing he would like to reinforce – a legacy as I have pointed out previously of adapting a squad to a 3-5-2 that Walter Mazzarri wanted – and whilst I believe Dodo might be able to adapt to this role, we are still a long way from having a squad needed to support what we want to play. Bastardisation of Rodrigo Palacio to RW, Hernanes somewhere, and mis-use of Osvaldo isn’t going to help anyone.

800-DODO-INTER

The second entry on my hopes and expectations list is that Roberto Mancini will build a compact squad – this is something I’ve said a few times under prior managers but Roberto Mancini has proved he can do this – which is capable of, at least, effectively playing well together if not necessarily attractively playing well together.

Roberto Mancini also seems to be quite a supporter of our youth – those who remember his previous tenure will remember a lot of people debuting under him but only really Balotelli ever getting a consistent run out for him. Bonazzoli seems to have started well but it would be fair to question how much longer that will last with a new forward coming in January (most likely Lukas Podolski currently). Further afield, he’s already debuted Andrea Palazzi, Federico Dimarco, Enrico Baldini, and given time to Isaac Donkor who hasn’t featured for Inter since Andrea Stramaccioni.

Andrea-Palazzi-Primavera-2

To summarise that, I would like to see more time for our youth players. I think they have a lot to offer the club, and I’m particularly keen on the younger players who are already at the top level of the Primavera – I’m looking specifically at Isaac Donkor, George Puscas, Federico Bonazzoli, Gaston Camara, and perhaps Gnoukouri, Dimarco, Sciacca and Palazzi.

The fourth and final entry on my hopes and expectations list is the aim of 3rd place. I don’t think we can reasonably achieve this – though we aren’t so far off the pace currently – but it would be a really nice way to end the season if we can manage that. I believe with the right signings, and a much needed change in mentality, this isn’t an entirely unreasonable goal (though still a substantial stretch) – but the really telling feature will be this transfer window. With the right support, we could really accomplish a decent step forward for Inter this season, which would be amazing given how we started.

Fav. Player
    Myself.

Greenland

I hope for the best and I expect the best in 2015.

3. Thanks (1): Manusnovic

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Hopefully this will be the year the future inter get built. It would most likely mean a lot of frustrating games, some bad results, a lot of draws, etc but I don't mind that as long as we can see the progress. I think you said it right - I want to see the team getting more compact, specially off the ball and more alert during transition. This takes organisation , and that takes time. But Mancio has done this before, and I believe with the right support he can do it again.

I don't expect a top 3 finish, but I expect us it go after it. Our results under Mancio haven't been great, but we have seen a difference in mentality already.... I hope this continues, we cannot keep leaking silly goals. That is the first thing Mancio needs to address. So while getting a winger or two may be transfer priority, I want to see a couple of defensive moves as well this mercato.

Also, I don't think dodo has the end product yet it be a winger - he can be an understudy, but we need a starting winger who already has an end product. A proper winger, not someone who can "wing" it.

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Hopefully this will be the year the future inter get built. It would most likely mean a lot of frustrating games, some bad results, a lot of draws, etc but I don't mind that as long as we can see the progress. I think you said it right - I want to see the team getting more compact, specially off the ball and more alert during transition. This takes organisation , and that takes time. But Mancio has done this before, and I believe with the right support he can do it again.

I don't expect a top 3 finish, but I expect us it go after it. Our results under Mancio haven't been great, but we have seen a difference in mentality already.... I hope this continues, we cannot keep leaking silly goals. That is the first thing Mancio needs to address. So while getting a winger or two may be transfer priority, I want to see a couple of defensive moves as well this mercato.

Also, I don't think dodo has the end product yet it be a winger - he can be an understudy, but we need a starting winger who already has an end product. A proper winger, not someone who can "wing" it.

Do you go to the Inter games? I used to make the journey a few times a year but not so much now. I was looking for a blog from someone who did something similar but couldnt find one. I might make one, if anyones up for it? I think these guys do wordpress blog hosting. Lemme know

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Scudetto!

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

hopes, I didnt get heart attack everytime watch inter
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Fav. Player
    Treble squad

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by certified interisti 'VIP' View Post
    I hope for the best and I expect the best in 2015.
    I just saw certified interisti 'VIP's post on this thread- what a unique and precious post. Great guy, one of the greatest members of FIF he left as a martyr on this forum, fought to his last breath on equality,protection of rights and truthfulness. I know the people who got him out are regretting their action right now. I will forever miss you and your name will forever reign on FIF. All hail the great 'VIP' ! Hail! Hail! Hail!

South Africa

Fav. Player
    brat ljajic

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Manusnovic View Post
    I just saw certified interisti 'VIP's post on this thread- what a unique and precious post. Great guy, one of the greatest members of FIF he left as a martyr on this forum, fought to his last breath on equality,protection of rights and truthfulness. I know the people who got him out are regretting their action right now. I will forever miss you and your name will forever reign on FIF. All hail the great 'VIP' ! Hail! Hail! Hail!
    what the actual fuck
    CANDREVA IS SHIT

11. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    One thing is that you are having three accounts but spamming this forum by praising your own post is just retarded.

13. Thanks (3): Lui, MVD, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

"I didn’t want to upset or disrespect the Lazio fans, but I had to do it for Lotito. It was the saddest backflip of my career."

-Hernanes

15. Thanks (2): Devious, J..

Aaland

Have to be better against lesser sides... Flat track bullying (read: consistency) is absolutely important for us to finish top 3

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

We're still too young a team. Won't be surprised if we fail to reach top 3.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    I hope I will not expect anything.

Shit doesnt happen

19. Thanks (2): Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

I personally expect either top 3 or mid table finish.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

21. Thanks (3): Kazaan, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I expect a stupid january transfer. One whose contract will be a burden, and be an on-field liability as he ages.

23. Thanks (3): Devious, Kakaroto, wera

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Indonesia

I hope crzd isn't Colombian anymore
    FORZAINTER