Thread: Wandaful Inter - A Leap Forward

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Wandaful Inter - A Leap Forward

repost from here

We witnessed something pretty special today with Inter, a huge leap forward for Inter.

Bearing in mind a vastly poorer defense than normal (with Campagnaro, Vidic and Andreolli all starting), and only one change from Walter Mazzarri’s starting line up (in Podolski), we saw an Inter that we arguably haven’t seen since Mourinho. We played attractive dominant football, with the players being given enough creative freedom to try some brave passes, and encouraged to play balanced football. Of course not the whole game was like this – and the ability to change tempo and attitude is absolutely crucial – and we also played the possession-retaining defensive phase well.

Roberto Mancini, responsible for a great leap forward for Inter today

Whilst not everything worked perfectly – a lot of the fluid attacking passes were intercepted – this is a gigantic step leap from the Mazzarri era where our sole plan was to create space on the wings and let full-backs (who were generally poor at crossing) cross the balls in, with typically a 1 in 5 chance of finding a friendly shirt.

On top of the football, there’s been a huge improvement in mentality too, starting with the second half of the Juventus game. We show a lot of fight, and against Genoa, we really showed this from the start. The team against Genoa was far from perfect – we are missing arguably 6 starters from Mancini’s favoured XI (Ranocchia, JJ, Nagatomo, CM, Shaqiri, Kovacic) – but we still put in a really good showing. No longer did we need to concede first to get ourselves into a semi-reasonable gear, and no longer are we retaining a lot of possession behind the half-way line creating nothing. We had a huge number of shots in this game, and with them, we had reasonable chances with most of them.

Mauro Icardi, another leap forward under Roberto Mancini

One thing worth noting as well as Mauro Icardi’s performance. Roberto Mancini has groomed a lot of good strikers in his time – look at Ibrahimovic, Aguero, etc as players who have all played under him. I think Icardi put in a really impressive game today, and if he can continue to develop this way we can be really pleased with what we have our hands on here. The development of Mauro Icardi should give him further incentive to stay at Inter for time-being, too, which will help us keep the team together for longer to develop.
    Croatia vs. Portugal, 10th June 2013. Matteo Kovacic, another young player to leap forward under Roberto Mancini's short tenure

Attacking football, young players developing well, what more do you need out of a manager? Once the results align with the project direction, and we can really build momentum, this is an Inter that we can all see making the Champions League next season. I still am of the opinion that it isn’t something we can reasonably attain this year (though there’s always a small part of me that holds out hope), but that doesn’t matter. Given the current pace of team development, no one will feel slighted by that, with Walter Mazzarri responsible for some dreadful performances.

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

I agree on the whole, however on another day I feel like genoa could have gotten 2 or 3 goals. Far from perfect.

3. Thanks (1): TGDella

Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I agree on the whole, however on another day I feel like genoa could have gotten 2 or 3 goals. Far from perfect.
    Oh yeah.

I did write this at half time tbh, too

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    Oh yeah.

I did write this at half time tbh, too

lol, a bold move!

Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by TGDella View Post
    lol, a bold move!
    Yeah. I was banking on us winning, at least. Touched cloth a little when we conceded, though.

Old name
    browha

Europe

I really hope I wasnt being too optimistic in this article. Best week is crucial to see if this was a phase or a real step. We never reallybsaw a step like this under mazzarribthough so I am confident

Fav. Player
    Sneijder

South Africa

A lot of times I am critical of clubs for changing the manager, and I will make a case in the manager's defense (like with AVB at Chelsea and then Tottenham) but man, Mancini has made his mark on this Inter...

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    repost from here

We witnessed something pretty special today with Inter, a huge leap forward for Inter.

Bearing in mind a vastly poorer defense than normal (with Campagnaro, Vidic and Andreolli all starting), and only one change from Walter Mazzarri’s starting line up (in Podolski), we saw an Inter that we arguably haven’t seen since Mourinho. We played attractive dominant football, with the players being given enough creative freedom to try some brave passes, and encouraged to play balanced football. Of course not the whole game was like this – and the ability to change tempo and attitude is absolutely crucial – and we also played the possession-retaining defensive phase well.

Roberto Mancini, responsible for a great leap forward for Inter today

Whilst not everything worked perfectly – a lot of the fluid attacking passes were intercepted – this is a gigantic step leap from the Mazzarri era where our sole plan was to create space on the wings and let full-backs (who were generally poor at crossing) cross the balls in, with typically a 1 in 5 chance of finding a friendly shirt.

On top of the football, there’s been a huge improvement in mentality too, starting with the second half of the Juventus game. We show a lot of fight, and against Genoa, we really showed this from the start. The team against Genoa was far from perfect – we are missing arguably 6 starters from Mancini’s favoured XI (Ranocchia, JJ, Nagatomo, CM, Shaqiri, Kovacic) – but we still put in a really good showing. No longer did we need to concede first to get ourselves into a semi-reasonable gear, and no longer are we retaining a lot of possession behind the half-way line creating nothing. We had a huge number of shots in this game, and with them, we had reasonable chances with most of them.

Mauro Icardi, another leap forward under Roberto Mancini

One thing worth noting as well as Mauro Icardi’s performance. Roberto Mancini has groomed a lot of good strikers in his time – look at Ibrahimovic, Aguero, etc as players who have all played under him. I think Icardi put in a really impressive game today, and if he can continue to develop this way we can be really pleased with what we have our hands on here. The development of Mauro Icardi should give him further incentive to stay at Inter for time-being, too, which will help us keep the team together for longer to develop.
    Croatia vs. Portugal, 10th June 2013. Matteo Kovacic, another young player to leap forward under Roberto Mancini's short tenure

Attacking football, young players developing well, what more do you need out of a manager? Once the results align with the project direction, and we can really build momentum, this is an Inter that we can all see making the Champions League next season. I still am of the opinion that it isn’t something we can reasonably attain this year (though there’s always a small part of me that holds out hope), but that doesn’t matter. Given the current pace of team development, no one will feel slighted by that, with Walter Mazzarri responsible for some dreadful performances.

I kid, I kid.

10. Thanks (2): Devious, thatdude

Old name
    browha

Europe

Asshole.

12. Thanks (3): Black Knight, Devious, Dylan

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Netherlands

stupid post.

Old name
    browha

Europe

You're a stupid post.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    So is your mother
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

16. Thanks (2): .h., Devious

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Living the Thug Life
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

19. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster

Shit doesnt happen

21. Thanks (3): Dylan, MVD, WLEXT