Page 208 of 212 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 4225

Thread: Marcelo Brozović

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tanel View Post
    First of all it's rushed to say Brozovic is causing some kind of inbalance in a midfield that has played about 5 games together - he is clearly the one that is having to adapt to a new role the most.
    Secondly it's rushed to move towards a conclusion that if there is a lack of balance, then Brozovic is the one who is the one that should be replaced - again it is someone who has played very well for us for 2 years and is far more proven at the highest level (Croatia for one) vs guys who have had a couple of strong months.

Thirdly while some might say we need a better defensive player as the anchor, but this would also impact us going the other way - replacing Brozovic would also mean we would lose by a mile the best/most intelligent passing link in the team, Barella and Sensi are good in the passing game but don't have the same strengths as him in this area. If we talk about balance, then Brozovic is providing a lot of it in terms of being the calm element of the midfield and dictating which way we go in our attacks.

And when some say that all the top teams have a more standard defensive midfielder - who of them plays with 3 central defenders?

Whatever problems we had against Barcelona, they started somewhere else. He was bad against Slavia, no doubt, but that underperformance actually came in the attacking department and has a lot to do with the rest of the team not stepping up/adapting to him being constantly closed down by 2-3 players. It was tactically amateurish how we allowed Slavia to get at him, it should've been an opportunity for others to take more ownership of the game.
    No one is saying Brozovic hasn’t played well for us since Spalletti changed his position. I fully understand that we are talking about two young guys dropped into the midfield that still have a lot to prove. Which is why my point is not that Brozovic has to be replaced it’s that IF we want to play Sensi and Barella we would be better served with a real holding midfielder.

This isn’t a conclusion based off of 5 games, we know Brozovic and his capabilities well. I’ve been saying this since the summer. If Brozovic is going to work at the base of the midfield as a sole DM then the tackling ability and physicality of the 2 in front of him has to be greater then what Barella and most notably Sensi can provide. This doesn’t mean that anyone is a bad player or a weak link. This midfield kind of reminds me of the Kroos - Modric - James one that Real Madrid used until Zidane came in and immediately put Casemiro in front of the defense and moved Modric up.

If we want to play Brozo at the base we need a Vidal/Allan type instead of Sensi or Barella. If we want to play with Sensi and Barella we need a Fabinho type instead of Brozovic. That’s my opinion. In the summer I wanted SMS because I think we could have gotten away with SMS - Brozo - Barella because all 3 can do a little bit of everything but to be honest even SMS - Brozo - Sensi would probably be a little light.

The top midfields in the world still have one player who’s primary job is defensive and yet somehow they still manage to maintain possession and creativity. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    This "weak link" bring Croatia to World Cup final.

Brozovic is most underrated among this three and never ever can be replaced with other midfielder.
    I’m going to copy some text from my earlier post word for word so there is no confusion:

“Again my point is if we are going to play Sensi and Barella I think we need a true holding midfielder. If we are insistent Brozovic play that position we need a box to box player who’s man attribute is tackling. Maybe that player long term is Barella but I’m not sure that’s his best use and he’s certainly not there yet physically.“

It’s not about who’s a weak link, it’s about balance.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    We have a solution at home already apparently
    Agoume the 'dam in front of the defence' that might get integrated in the first squad soon as he is doing great in the primavera and Conte is apparently satisfied with the lad's work.
    The new Pogba project ... Ok different type of player

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Every young, black, French midfielder is the new Pogba.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Pajo, thatdude, Wings

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Brozovic got his second kid today morning.

6. Thanks (4): Batman, MVD, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

He will have to score against rube because of his second kids honour
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He will be more absent minded then..it’s tough to concentrate. Won’t have a good game probably. I hope I’m wrong
    Ziyad Of Boston

United States

I actually thought he did okay tonight. It was always going to be tough especially when Sensi went out.

However again today we saw what a balanced midfield looks like. Matuidi was dominant in his screening of Pjanic, while Khedira played a similar box to box role as Barella. There were long stretches of the match where we were dominated there and couldn’t support for front 2. This needs to addressed in the summer.

11. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Brozo was great. The second half was juve vs brozo. He had no help. Any time anyone had the ball, they looked for brozo, he also never stops running

13. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    He really was tracked down and bullied throughout the match, his performance can be considered quite good when taking opponents tactics were isolating him from the game.

15. Thanks (1): Universe

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    We need someone better for this kind of games. Brozo is fine but for likes of Genoa, Verona, Samp, Milan etc.

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Yet another underwhelming performance but it's hardly his fault. We're one dimensional and predictable.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    We need someone better for this kind of games. Brozo is fine but for likes of Genoa, Verona, Samp, Milan etc.

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk
    Imho this time it was not much brozos fault. Once sensi went out there was no movement anymore nobody to pass to and brozo often received the balls from the cb when he already was in a absolute shitty position as two jubentinos were surrounding him.
    Only thing i got really mad at him is when he hit that completely retarded pass straight to a jube player who was like 2m in front of him and it lead to a jube counter. He can not fuck up an easy pass like that in a situation like that if he want to ba a top player he simply cannot.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 07 Oct 19 at 12:42.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

19. Thanks (2): Dylan, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Those misspasses will always happen with Brozo. That's why Tonali should be our transfer target number one next summer to be our DPL in the longer term.

As for Brozo, he's a tireless runner and yesterday I felt for him when he was flailing his arms numerous times during the pressing. Other players weren't following and we didn't do the pressing game cohesively. Brozo is very eager to do it but others need to follow so that it's effective.

This game was more about tactics failing which put some players to unfavourable situations and Brozo was definitely one of them. Without Sensi and hard pressing, it's kind of hard to do anything out there at Brozo's spot.

21. Thanks (4): Dylan, thorn, Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    He had good game vs. Juve, one of our better players. He misplaced few passes, but none was really his fault. Players don't open up and he has to try somehow, or will just lose the ball. i remember at least 2 of those passes were towards Asamoah who was far the pitch but didn't move to open up, but just stood behind jube players.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

23. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, time to time the team falls back to some kind of false comfort zone of pass the ball to Brozo and call it a day in that given moment. Typically this is when we are at our own end, desperately wanting to go short ground passes without hooping the ball in the air to the midfield. And usually it works, somehow. But it puts Brozo in great pressure and some occasions the plan just fails and the pressers force Brozo to an error. Usually this is by no means Brozo's fault but the system's/plan's fault or then other players' fault for not giving support to Brozo.

I like that kind of play style but I'd like other players to contribute more to it by giving support to Brozo by giving easier passing options to him when he's about to get to a tough spot or then don't fucking pass to him if it's obvious he's about to get to a tough spot.

25. Thanks (2): Dylan, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Polikaku

Europe

Plays another full match for Croatia. Surely he will get a rest in the next match before our trip to Sassuolu.
    buu ain't for everyone

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

Doubt it, he seems to always plays the 90.

28. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Those misspasses will always happen with Brozo. That's why Tonali should be our transfer target number one next summer to be our DPL in the longer term.

As for Brozo, he's a tireless runner and yesterday I felt for him when he was flailing his arms numerous times during the pressing. Other players weren't following and we didn't do the pressing game cohesively. Brozo is very eager to do it but others need to follow so that it's effective.

This game was more about tactics failing which put some players to unfavourable situations and Brozo was definitely one of them. Without Sensi and hard pressing, it's kind of hard to do anything out there at Brozo's spot.
    I do like Tonali and agree that we should make him a target... but I hope you know that Tonali misplaces a LOT of both long and short passes and it will likely take a few years for him to learn to be more protective of possession.

30. Thanks (3): Dylan, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    Plays another full match for Croatia. Surely he will get a rest in the next match before our trip to Sassuolu.
    He’s suspended for next NT game against Wales, they’re playing for 3 days.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

32. Thanks (3): Dylan, dynasty27, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Fabrizio Romano:

Exclusive: Inter want to eliminate release clause from contract of Marcelo Brozovic

In just over a year, Marcelo Brozovic's fortunes have turned 180 degrees. He was just hours away from completing a move to Sevilla but eventually stayed and fought for a place in the Nerazzurri XI. Now, it is hard to imagine Antonio Conte's Inter without the Croatian and, therefore, talks have started in regards to a new contract for the midfielder.

Brozovic's current contract with the club has a release clause of 60 million euros; something that Inter would like to work on increasing or, if possible, eliminating altogether.

The current theory is to extend his deal until 2024, whilst his 3.5 million euro wage will also be discussed but no hints yet as to how it will be adjusted.

Through all this, one thing is clear; Inter want to keep hold of Brozovic, a man who has become a key component of their team.
    https://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...ntract-o-33369

34. Thanks (3): chhstr, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    I'm curious as to why a club would prefer removing a release clause as opposed to increasing it.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte