Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Toulalan

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

Jeremy Toulalan

Looks like a possible deal. What do you guys think, good deal?

31 year old, former France International. He comes for free, and 2m salary is quite reasonable for someone of his experience. I don't think he adds much to our first team, but he does give us a better alternative to rotate Medel & Brozovic than Kuzmanovic or Obi. So good cheap improvement to the squad, but IMO not really an improvement on the first team.

I hope there are better players that Mancio is targeting this summer. This summer, we have to spend - its our make it or break it season coming up.

Report: Toulalan to Inter done
    By Football Italia staff

It’s reported that Inter have agreed a deal with Monaco midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, and he’ll join at the end of the season.

The midfielder has been linked with the Nerazzurri for some time, and Roberto Mancini has admitted that he would fit well into his system.

Now Sportmediaset is running the line that a deal has been agreed which will see Toulalan join on a three-year deal when his contract expires this summer, beating off competition from Napoli.

The news outlet reports that the French international earn €2m per season, which would represent around half of what he earns in Monaco.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 11 Mar 15 at 21:57.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

I'm still on the fence about this. I hope he does well here.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

3. Thanks (1): thatdude

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    could be good... I dont really want to comment until I see him play for us a few times. Free transfer, though, and I think he does add quality to our midfield... We'll see.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    I'm still on the fence about this. I hope he does well here.
    How are your balls doing?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

6. Thanks (2): Bluenine, joez

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Someone who will compete with Medel for that DM slot. Why such a temporary solution though?
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    This isn't a done deal yet.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

South Africa

From the Monaco forum:

Me it bother me clearly he leaves. Even when he is not at his level, there is one thing we will not remove him is his fighting spirit. A value of increasingly scarce in a club. And I love Bakayoko, I think it has great potential but I will be more reassured if there was a Toulalan behind in case he suddenly less good.

A policy of young, okay, but do not forget that it also be safe bets for this to work, especially if we had to play every three days as this year.
    His departure would be a big loss. Field is one of our most consistent players this year even though there were some absences when the team was so good. We do not talk enough about its versatility. Fortunately it is there to help in defense following injuries + suspensions. In the locker room is our captain and especially a guy who never gives. Its role is essential for young people. He does not hesitate to put their responsibilities. We have seen this year and with Martial Fabinho as it seems. I read that Kondogbia and Bakayoko can replace. I beg to differ. Kondogbia I strongly believe in him but there was a little more than a week he was criticized by many of the members of the forum. Bakayoko made ​​a very good set of games before getting hurt, but we must not forget his difficult start. To return to the level this year it seems complicated to me. Both players are our future but they need to be accompanied. It is the role of Toulalan for the next 2 years. Put that young talented players is not enough. They need guys who have experience. Carvalho in defense is not playing at the moment but its role is crucial for group cohesion by his aura and experience. Should the extension is non-negotiable!

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    How are your balls doing?
    Bad joke, but I had a good comeback. I'll save it since I don't want an infraction.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quality player. Wages seem reasonable too. Could be a lot worse when it comes to free transfers.

13. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Ffs, Im tired of buying old farts. Players like this could stop performing at any second. Palacio was our best outfield player last season, then he turned into a giant flop.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

15. Thanks (2): Batman, Howl

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

fucking shit, why do we have to keep getting old farts after we got rid of the deadwood. didn't poldi open their fucking eyes yet. tsk tsk.
    toulalan

17. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, Nyall

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Welcome J.T.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    I'm all for the youth policy, but I'm not dumb enough to expect our entire squad to be made up of young players. People are using the older players that have faded for an example of why this is a bad deal, but there are plenty of 31 year old players running around in Serie A who still performing just fine too. Not to mention that Toulalan has been performing well at CL level this season against better opposition than he'll face in Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Indonesia

Jeremy Toulalan, our next Jugovic.
    FORZAINTER

21. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Keita is 35 and has been one of Roma's best players. Some players in Italy his age: Lichtsteiner, Tevez, De Rossi, Quags. They're all quality contributors to their sides. Not sure why Toulalan would be doomed to fail just because Vidic hasn't adapted well
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

23. Thanks (3): A.l.i, Vincenzi, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

here is a monaco fans from reddit when and inter fan asked how good he can be.

He was the captain of Monaco so he definitely has leadership qualities. He is very solid at DM/CB makes a lot of clearances, tackles and hardly any errors. If he is in the midfield, he rarely goes forward to contribute to an attack but he makes up for that by shutting down opposition attacks. Toulalan is one of the major reasons that Monaco have the best defence in Ligue 1 and have only conceded 2 times in 7 champions league matches. It is sad to see him leave Monaco but we should cope since we have some good young defenders coming from the academy. Overall, Toulalan can be a major asset to Inter's defense.
    This right here is honestly what I am looking for.

Reddit fans usually arent trustworthy but I think toulalan can be great at Inter.

South Africa

not sure about the credibility of that source.

"we have a few defenders coming up so we should be fine" yet the toulalan replacement is bakayayo (or whatever his name is), who has been benched by toul this year and who monaco paid like 8 million for last summer. Hes been playing well this season in dm while toulalan has often been pushed back as centerback to meet the demands of the squads injuries.

he can be a solid player for us. nothing spectacular. he can also be a massive presence in the dressing room and a leader for the young players.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    I watched only 45 mins of French league this season and IIRC that was because Inter Napoli match had 45 mins to start.

He was playing as CB in that game, Berba scored a superb goal. And I could barely watch anymore but he looked very slow. I liked him for Malaga though, always wanted him at United when he was younger.

I think match against Arsenal should answer most of the questions on his ability to handle pace as they have very pacey attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    Felipe melon

Italy

Everyone here is bashing him for being an "old fart" when really he is what I'd consider a great signing given our circumstances. 2 million a year isn't a ridiculous amount, and the fact that he's a free agent simply cements my advocation for this transfer. Toulalan has been a consistently strong player, and I think it's definitely worth at least giving him a chance. Watching this forum's response would have you thinking he is like a 40 year old, one hit wonder type of player, and that really isn't the case. All transfers are gambles, the important thing is trying to get the chances in your favor, and with a transfer like this we have nothing serious to lose and everything to gain.

28. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    He only looks 40 years old.

**I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30. Thanks (1): Vincenzi