Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mancini's Man Management

Mancini's Man Management

Fontana slams boss Mancini
    Wednesday 11 May, 2005
    Inter goalkeeper Alberto Fontana has launched a quite extraordinary verbal attack on Coach Roberto Mancini.

The reserve shot-stopper is set to leave the club in the summer but not before he made his feelings towards the tactician perfectly clear.

"If I hadn’t had been stopped by my teammates, I would have come to blows with him. I just can’t take it anymore," he told the QS newspaper.

"I already told him a few months ago, when he was attacking us goalkeepers about the goals we were letting in, that his Lazio side also conceded a sack full of goals.

"Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play. That’s when our relationship ended, even if we never really had a relationship."

Fontana was actually promoted to the first team for a period earlier this season after Francesco Toldo’s difficulties.

But he was relegated back to the bench and is unlikely to feature again after today’s astonishing outburst.

"I was told that I had become ‘uncomfortable’ because I could create problems with my character," added the former Atalanta No 1.

"But Mancini didn’t tell me this. He hasn’t got the balls to do so even if he is paid to do such things.

"He is a spoilt child who is afraid of his own shadow and always needs help from others, notably (his assistant Fernando) Orsi.

"Mancini was a phenomenon as a player but he is worth nothing as a man.

"After all, there must have been a motive if during his playing days everybody loved Roberto Baggio whereas Mancini was hated."

The Italian added that he believed former Nerazzurri boss Hector Cuper was a much better man manager.

"Cuper on the other hand was a great, a real man," noted the player nicknamed ‘Jimmy’.

"If he asked me to be the fifth choice ‘keeper then I would. If Majorca survive relegation in La Liga then I could go and join him there."

Inter are expected to take disciplinary action against the player for giving an "unauthorised" interview.

This does not sound like good news from the Inter dressing room.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    This sounds like BS to me.
    Read this
    http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=17507&L=en

I don't understand QS newspaper.

I don't understand Fontana.

I don't understand Mancini.
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Is this shit hitting the fan I wonder!
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Javier Zanetti, your "news" is 3 months old!

Anyways, Fontana can do one as far as I am concerned. At 39 like him goalkeepers at any team see the pitch usually from the stands and are called up only as a last resort. He played the Champions league and the derby to boot. And to top it all he himself does not know whether he will play at all next season. WHAT THE HELL DOES HE WANT?
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milos75
    Javier Zanetti, your "news" is 3 months old!
    hmmm... not really budy!
    This is from 1:30mins ago! http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=18745&L=en
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Bahrain

Well we knew he favored several Lazio players over others...I think that fact alone says alot about a coach.That in itself is the fact lots of good players will leave while unneccarry ones will stay and worse START all the time...

I hope Mancini grows from this incident and not let it affect him or the team negatively...
    Ziyad Of Boston

I couldn't agree more with Fontana. Mancini is one of those men you simply wish was gay. He's a disgrace to the entire male gender until he decides to come out of the closet.

I'm gonna call him barbie from now on.

And that's without mentioning what a disastrous coach he is. I could personally do a better job on bloody amfetamin. I get nightmares at night about how bad a coach he is.

His mistakes makes we wanna join a shockterapi team.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Cuoer had many flaws but he was a real man, whether he was right or wrong he went to your face to tell you what he though of you.

Whilst Mancini is a grade a HOMO, seriously this guy is a kid/woman/gay.

Calls Miha because he thinks little Emre will beat the fuck out of him.

Gay, Adriano-Recoba or Martins-Recoba, it should of been this
    \'\'Recoba is a amazing player. He\'s exceptional like a genius. If they\'re not there you don\'t realise. But if they are you realise what playing with a genius means\'\' - Massimo Moratti

I'd even go as far as to say Mancini is a disgrace to football itself. If I wanted to convince a friend to watch for example the Derby Madoninna what the vuck do you expect me to say when he's sitting with lipstick during the bloody match in front of millions of viewers?

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    I couldn't agree more with Fontana. Mancini is one of those men you simply wish was gay. He's a disgrace to the entire male gender until he decides to come out of the closet.

And that's without mentioning what a disastrous coach he is. I could personally do a better job on bloody amfetamin. I get nightmares at night about how bad a coach he is.

Ohhh come on man...As valid as Fontana's comments are or seem to be Mancini still did a great job coaching.His attacking football is good just needs more stressing on the defensive area.Hoefully he learns for next year

Plus we know many of ur views on soccer matters,believe me u wouldnt cut it as a coach

So leave the coaching to barbie, i mean Mancio for now
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I can't believe what I am reading.

How can you support a club when you hate the manager so much? Mancini manages Inter so I support him 100%, his past doesn't matter to me. Mancini has always seemed like an honest man trying his best to succeed so for me, he's not a bad person. I don't know what your problems are.

Mancini doesn't wear lip-stick, what the hell? He's not a faggot and I feel disappointed to read you even suggest this sort of thing, joking or not.

Gismo, Mancini is a great coach but if you're to stubborn to see that then I don't know what your problem is. He's the inter coach, you're an inter fan.. what reason do you have to speak this way about him? By the way, as a coach you'd be worse than Bruno Conti.

El Chino Recoba: what the hell are you talking about? Mancini calls Miha to protect him from Emre? where do you come up with this sh*t!

As for Fontana, well I'm guessing he's only come out with this outburst because nobody has heard from him in the past 5 months. He's clearly looking for attention and he's upset that he's not better than Toldo or Carini. Sour grapes I believe is what they call this. I don't know what goes on between Fontana and Mancini so I will stay out of that. However, I think this outburst is 100% unprofessional and completely disrespectful to inter. Therefore I say, f-ck Fontana.

Fontana "If I hadn’t had been stopped by my teammates, I would have come to blows with him."

Fontana really sucks!!!!!!!! fuuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo

Ohhh come on man...As valid as Fontana's comments are or seem to be Mancini still did a great job coaching.His attacking football is good just needs more stressing on the defensive area.Hoefully he learns for next year

Plus we know many of ur views on soccer matters,believe me u wouldnt cut it as a coach

So leave the coaching to barbie, i mean Mancio for now
    I would suck as a coach. But not as a sort of co-coach who helps the coach motivate the players before the match and in half time.

And yes, I do exagerate my criticism of Mancini as a coach on the account that I simply can't stand him as a person.

I Can't understand what the hell is going?

Does Fontana support the things everybody is publishing, or he go against, what he really said, or not said??

Man its confusing me.

About mancini, i never heard such a worse words about his man management, but.. i dont know what to say else.. just wait for things to clear up.
    Im Back..

Bahrain

I am sure Fontana said this,and he will not chicken out of it..

I think its just a clash of personalities that went far...Fontana prefers a strong minded coach that isnt shy of speaking out and confronting,while Mancini doesnt like criticism(no matter how valid) coming from his player to prove him wrong infront of everyone.

It doesnt have to be black or white u know...
    Ziyad Of Boston

I will go trainning ground!! I will kicking ass!!!

Fontana really disappoint. because I really like Fontana.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

MILAN - FC Internazionale communicates that the club will take disciplinary action against Alberto Fontana because of the contents of a non-authorised interview.

Good!

But I cannot believe the way people are thinking of Mancini on here...

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

I think its just a clash of personalities that went far...
    I dont think it´s about that.

Fontana has never had any problems with anyone [as far as i know], but i guess a man cant take everything you throw to him.

If Mancini has attacked only goalkeepers for letting too much goals [and i´m pretty sure he has] then Mancini is out of his mind. I´m with Fontana when he said this: "Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play".

Fontana
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    I think its just a clash of personalities that went far...
    I dont think it´s about that.

Fontana has never had any problems with anyone [as far as i know], but i guess a man cant take everything you throw to him.

If Mancini has attacked only goalkeepers for letting too much goals [and i´m pretty sure he has] then Mancini is out of his mind. I´m with Fontana when he said this: "Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play".

Fontana
    Believe me that is exactly what i believe and would have said if i was in the locker room and was a goalkeeper ,I already said that in other posts.

The thing i am trying to get people to understand is that it doesnt have to be completely one guys fault over the other...Thats why i said it isnt always black or white,infact it never is...
    Ziyad Of Boston