Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Inter or Merda better supported?

  1. #1
    InteristiTerrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 15
    Posts
    178
    Thanked
    127 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

    England

    Inter or Merda better supported?

    It may sound a bit of a silly question, but who do people think currently has the most fans in Milan out of us and AC, and also across Italy as a whole.

    I know Merda will be more supported globally because of their international success, and attendance figures don't really give a solid indicator as they fluctuate with the respective teams' forms.

    I would like to think at the moment we are more supported in Milan and Italy, and less hated by the rest of Italy, but I'm not so sure. What does everyone think?

    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Huddersfield Town + Hamburg + Internazionale

  2. #2
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,081
    Thanked
    7,831 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Pretty sure most of italy hates us due to Calciopoli
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  3. Thanks (1): Verathia

  4. #3
    Y&h's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 12
    Posts
    7,974
    Thanked
    7,940 times
    Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

    Kuwait

    30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Nah, Calciopoli had no substantial effect unless you're a Juventino or a Romanista due to the direct rivalry.

    Between us and Milan however, I think we have the upper hand.

  5. Thanks (1): Inter2010

  6. #4
    InteristiTerrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 15
    Posts
    178
    Thanked
    127 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

    England

    Quote Originally Posted by Y&h View Post
    Nah, Calciopoli had no substantial effect unless you're a Juventino or a Romanista due to the direct rivalry.

    Between us and Milan however, I think we have the upper hand.
    That's what I was thinking. Is anyone outside those involved actually going to hate us because of it?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Huddersfield Town + Hamburg + Internazionale

  7. #5
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,130
    Thanked
    13,677 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    how can people hate us for calciopoli, ffs. Fuck this shit we were(are) getting screwed by refs on regular bases and still it was our fault somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  8. Thanks (1): Howl

  9. #6
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    9,920
    Thanked
    4,720 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Milan's more popular world wide, and Juve are the most popular in Italy but ironically they're not the most loved in their city.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

  10. Thanks (1): TheNetworkZ

  11. #7
    Kakaroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    10,398
    Thanked
    13,187 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

    United States

    48
    Inter is most popular in Milan.
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

  12. Thanks (2): Inter2010, MVD

  13. #8
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,977
    Thanked
    5,096 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Milan's more popular world wide, and Juve are the most popular in Italy but ironically they're not the most loved in their city.
    A lot of people underrate how much Juve are really the bandwagon team in Italy.

    As far as the OP, we are more supported in Italy (and definitely Milan). Although I would say the majority of southern Italian's are Milan fans.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  14. #9
    ahmeds2000x's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Mar 15
    Posts
    218
    Thanked
    266 times

    Libya

    I can only speak for my country Libya. Calcio used to be big deal in here, Milan was definitely the most supported with juve right after it(Gaddafi's son used to support them). There are many interista but not as much those two. After then comes Roma, and honestly I've only met one Lazio fan in here and he still speaks of winning the scudetto back in 2000. There was case when some milan fans were shot for celebrating the champions league win over juve back in 2003. Though everyone agrees that juve can only blame themselves for calciopoli.

  15. #10
    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Sep 11
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked
    6,747 times
    Fav. Player
    Tomasso Berni

    Hungary

    28 Forum Supporter
    As to my surprise , one day , at the weekly usual futsal game, i went to play with some new guys, and 3 of us where in Inter shirt !
    We high fived and screamed Forza Inter , it was a really good feeling.
    There are as many Inter fans here, as Milan or Juve fans.

    But sadly there are less and less Serie A watchers, the kids are all Real, Barca or Man Utd fans.
    And we have a big contingent of saxons (practically transylvanian germans) who are Bayern Munchen supporters.

  16. #11
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    22,917
    Thanked
    20,704 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    As to my surprise , one day , at the weekly usual futsal game, i went to play with some new guys, and 3 of us where in Inter shirt !
    We high fived and screamed Forza Inter , it was a really good feeling.
    There are as many Inter fans here, as Milan or Juve fans.

    But sadly there are less and less Serie A watchers, the kids are all Real, Barca or Man Utd fans.
    And we have a big contingent of saxons (practically transylvanian germans) who are Bayern Munchen supporters.
    There's a guy at my futsal who wears his 2013 Inter jersey every week.

  17. Thanks (1): Kenny

  18. #12
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,977
    Thanked
    5,096 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Because they're his rags?
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  19. #13

    Join Date
    30 Aug 10
    Posts
    2,240
    Thanked
    561 times

    United States

    I wear everything Inter... except underwear hehe i can't find any i looked on ebay nothing, me wearing daily Inter socks, shirts/tracksuits and winter jackets my gf thinks i'm crazy obsessed Inter fan she's right i would even kill for my club.
    PS: all my family support Inter even those in italy

  20. Thanks (1): Caecuban

  21. #14

    Join Date
    16 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,280
    Thanked
    4,054 times
    Old name
    Jrg

    Denmark

    17 Forum Supporter
    I don't care which team is the most supported tbh. The good thing with our current situation is the low amount of bandwagon fans that we have.

  22. #15

    Join Date
    08 Jul 14
    Posts
    4,587
    Thanked
    5,953 times

    South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgnsn View Post
    I don't care which team is the most supported tbh. The good thing with our current situation is the low amount of bandwagon fans that we have.
    Speak for yourself bro, I'm bandwagoning for tenth place. Or I'm just an interista I guess.

    Seriously though, Inter is much more popular in Milano. Inter is also the second most popular team in Italy, only behind Juve who are cruising in first. Milan are third. In Europe, however, Milan has 22 million fans while Inter has 10 million fans according to some Spanish university study. Worldwide, Milan is also more popular, although I've also heard otherwise (but I personally don't think we are bigger).
    Last edited by bandiera; 28 Mar 15 at 12:49.

  23. #16
    TGDella's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Nov 14
    Posts
    1,711
    Thanked
    1,762 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    England

    From what I've been told, there's some doubt about which is bigger supported in Milan (some say its 50-50, others say 60-40 in favour of Inter), but Inter is definitely more supported throughout the rest of Italy. Then Milan is indeed bigger worldwide.

  24. #17

    Join Date
    17 Dec 10
    Posts
    5,411
    Thanked
    2,311 times
    Fav. Player
    Handanović

    Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    A lot of people underrate how much Juve are really the bandwagon team in Italy.

    As far as the OP, we are more supported in Italy (and definitely Milan). Although I would say the majority of southern Italian's are Milan fans.
    Might use this thread to ask, do we ever have any fans away to Napoli? Couldn't hear or see any when we usually play (Even when we scored), but maybe that's because Napoli's fans are so loud.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgnsn View Post
    I don't care which team is the most supported tbh. The good thing with our current situation is the low amount of bandwagon fans that we have.
    Not sure if that's a good thing though, for the club. Sure, nobody likes bandwagoners but if they help to raise the funds of the club do we really care?

  25. #18
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,977
    Thanked
    5,096 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by TGDella View Post
    From what I've been told, there's some doubt about which is bigger supported in Milan (some say its 50-50, others say 60-40 in favour of Inter), but Inter is definitely more supported throughout the rest of Italy. Then Milan is indeed bigger worldwide.
    It's not as true as it used to be a long time ago, but you also have to consider what kind of fans the two clubs have. Based on the stereotypes it would make a lot more sense if a lot of Milanese are Inter fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by interista4 View Post
    Might use this thread to ask, do we ever have any fans away to Napoli? Couldn't hear or see any when we usually play (Even when we scored), but maybe that's because Napoli's fans are so loud.
    Yeah, Napoli fans are really passionate, hence why they're so loud...we definitely do have fans in Napoli though. El Duccio here is Napolitan
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  26. #19
    Matrix_invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Dec 10
    Posts
    871
    Thanked
    497 times
    Fav. Player
    Handa, Ica, Bro

    Austria

    I would say in Milano, Inter is has a little bit more Fans than Milan.

    In Italy Milan has a little bit more fans than Inter but Juve got the most.

    International Milan got the most, Inter on second and Juve the least fans.
    ďPlease donít call me arrogant, but Iím European champion and I think Iím a special one.Ē - Jose Mourinho


  27. #20

    Join Date
    16 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,280
    Thanked
    4,054 times
    Old name
    Jrg

    Denmark

    17 Forum Supporter
    Milan had more supporters in Italy back in '12 according to this source. I guess most of the bandwagon fans from our treble season left us at that time.



    These are newer stats. It seems like we are pretty even now.



    This is an overview of the most hated clubs in Italy.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •