Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inter or Merda better supported?

Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

England

Inter or Merda better supported?

It may sound a bit of a silly question, but who do people think currently has the most fans in Milan out of us and AC, and also across Italy as a whole.

I know Merda will be more supported globally because of their international success, and attendance figures don't really give a solid indicator as they fluctuate with the respective teams' forms.

I would like to think at the moment we are more supported in Milan and Italy, and less hated by the rest of Italy, but I'm not so sure. What does everyone think?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Huddersfield Town + Hamburg + Internazionale

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Pretty sure most of italy hates us due to Calciopoli
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

3. Thanks (1): Verathia

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Nah, Calciopoli had no substantial effect unless you're a Juventino or a Romanista due to the direct rivalry.

Between us and Milan however, I think we have the upper hand.

5. Thanks (1): Inter2010

Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

England

Quote Originally Posted by Y&h View Post
    Nah, Calciopoli had no substantial effect unless you're a Juventino or a Romanista due to the direct rivalry.

Between us and Milan however, I think we have the upper hand.
    That's what I was thinking. Is anyone outside those involved actually going to hate us because of it?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Huddersfield Town + Hamburg + Internazionale

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

how can people hate us for calciopoli, ffs. Fuck this shit we were(are) getting screwed by refs on regular bases and still it was our fault somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

8. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Milan's more popular world wide, and Juve are the most popular in Italy but ironically they're not the most loved in their city.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

10. Thanks (1): TheNetworkZ

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

Inter is most popular in Milan.
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

12. Thanks (2): Inter2010, MVD

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Milan's more popular world wide, and Juve are the most popular in Italy but ironically they're not the most loved in their city.
    A lot of people underrate how much Juve are really the bandwagon team in Italy.

As far as the OP, we are more supported in Italy (and definitely Milan). Although I would say the majority of southern Italian's are Milan fans.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Libya

I can only speak for my country Libya. Calcio used to be big deal in here, Milan was definitely the most supported with juve right after it(Gaddafi's son used to support them). There are many interista but not as much those two. After then comes Roma, and honestly I've only met one Lazio fan in here and he still speaks of winning the scudetto back in 2000. There was case when some milan fans were shot for celebrating the champions league win over juve back in 2003. Though everyone agrees that juve can only blame themselves for calciopoli.

Fav. Player
    Tomasso Berni

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    As to my surprise , one day , at the weekly usual futsal game, i went to play with some new guys, and 3 of us where in Inter shirt !
    We high fived and screamed Forza Inter , it was a really good feeling.
    There are as many Inter fans here, as Milan or Juve fans.

But sadly there are less and less Serie A watchers, the kids are all Real, Barca or Man Utd fans.
    And we have a big contingent of saxons (practically transylvanian germans) who are Bayern Munchen supporters.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    As to my surprise , one day , at the weekly usual futsal game, i went to play with some new guys, and 3 of us where in Inter shirt !
    We high fived and screamed Forza Inter , it was a really good feeling.
    There are as many Inter fans here, as Milan or Juve fans.

But sadly there are less and less Serie A watchers, the kids are all Real, Barca or Man Utd fans.
    And we have a big contingent of saxons (practically transylvanian germans) who are Bayern Munchen supporters.
    There's a guy at my futsal who wears his 2013 Inter jersey every week.

17. Thanks (1): Kenny

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Because they're his rags?

United States

I wear everything Inter... except underwear hehe i can't find any i looked on ebay nothing, me wearing daily Inter socks, shirts/tracksuits and winter jackets my gf thinks i'm crazy obsessed Inter fan she's right i would even kill for my club.
    PS: all my family support Inter even those in italy

20. Thanks (1): Caecuban

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    I don't care which team is the most supported tbh. The good thing with our current situation is the low amount of bandwagon fans that we have.

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgnsn View Post
    I don't care which team is the most supported tbh. The good thing with our current situation is the low amount of bandwagon fans that we have.
    Speak for yourself bro, I'm bandwagoning for tenth place. Or I'm just an interista I guess.

Seriously though, Inter is much more popular in Milano. Inter is also the second most popular team in Italy, only behind Juve who are cruising in first. Milan are third. In Europe, however, Milan has 22 million fans while Inter has 10 million fans according to some Spanish university study. Worldwide, Milan is also more popular, although I've also heard otherwise (but I personally don't think we are bigger).
    Last edited by bandiera; 28 Mar 15 at 12:49.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

From what I've been told, there's some doubt about which is bigger supported in Milan (some say its 50-50, others say 60-40 in favour of Inter), but Inter is definitely more supported throughout the rest of Italy. Then Milan is indeed bigger worldwide.

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    A lot of people underrate how much Juve are really the bandwagon team in Italy.

As far as the OP, we are more supported in Italy (and definitely Milan). Although I would say the majority of southern Italian's are Milan fans.
    Might use this thread to ask, do we ever have any fans away to Napoli? Couldn't hear or see any when we usually play (Even when we scored), but maybe that's because Napoli's fans are so loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgnsn View Post
    Not sure if that's a good thing though, for the club. Sure, nobody likes bandwagoners but if they help to raise the funds of the club do we really care?

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by TGDella View Post
    From what I've been told, there's some doubt about which is bigger supported in Milan (some say its 50-50, others say 60-40 in favour of Inter), but Inter is definitely more supported throughout the rest of Italy. Then Milan is indeed bigger worldwide.
    It's not as true as it used to be a long time ago, but you also have to consider what kind of fans the two clubs have. Based on the stereotypes it would make a lot more sense if a lot of Milanese are Inter fans.

Quote Originally Posted by interista4 View Post
    Might use this thread to ask, do we ever have any fans away to Napoli? Couldn't hear or see any when we usually play (Even when we scored), but maybe that's because Napoli's fans are so loud.
    Yeah, Napoli fans are really passionate, hence why they're so loud...we definitely do have fans in Napoli though. El Duccio here is Napolitan

Fav. Player
    Handa, Ica, Bro

Austria

I would say in Milano, Inter is has a little bit more Fans than Milan.

In Italy Milan has a little bit more fans than Inter but Juve got the most.

International Milan got the most, Inter on second and Juve the least fans.
    ďPlease donít call me arrogant, but Iím European champion and I think Iím a special one.Ē - Jose Mourinho

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    Milan had more supporters in Italy back in '12 according to this source. I guess most of the bandwagon fans from our treble season left us at that time.

These are newer stats. It seems like we are pretty even now.

This is an overview of the most hated clubs in Italy.