5 11.90%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilardino

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Gilardino

So, I am opening this thread on Gilardino. It also was a request by one of our friends sometime back, but now it seems that the time has come to open this thread.

Parma's Baraldi has stated that if Inter's price is right enough, then they will consider our offer than that of Milan/Juve, coz we had saved their club when buying Adriano last season. And look at those Parma fans, who think we are the ones we destroyed their club - amazing fans there in some threads (Parma fans).

Getting back top main topic of this thread .... Do we need him ??
    We already have got Adriano and Martins - 2 tenage prodigies. Add to that Gilardino is another young talented striker as well, so what should we do here ?? Move out of this transfer and let Milan/Juventus/Real get him & be satisfied with Adriano -- Martins ??

OR do we need 3 quality strikers in our squad ??

Adriano
    Martins
    Gilardino

Cruz/Recoba

I do think that we need replacements, if we decide to sell 2 strikers from:
    Vieri
    Cruz
    Recoba

But what kind of replacements should we get ?? Isn't Gilardino kind of a high class for us and more than a luxury as we already have 2 strikers who have the capability of doing great for us in the coming seasons

Telling frankly, I am kinda confused ...
    Confused because:

(1) He's a young and talented ITALIAN striker.

(2) If not us, he will move to Milan/Juventus, though I wouldn't mind him moving to Real. But that also doesn't mean that we keep on buying all our opponents' targetted players !!

(3) Do we need 3 quality strikers ?? But again, haven't we had more than 2 quality strikers since long time back ??
    Vieri, Recoba, Adriano, Martins, Cruz:

(4) It would be ridiculous to get him, at the expence of world class defender/s.

(5) Can we afford him, since it seems that we are saving $$, unlike before. But again, it could also be the time that Moratti might want to splash some $$. Hopefully, for the right players, especially defence.

(6) Would that mean that Martins playing time could be affected ?? It would be good if the 3 strikers would be rotated well enough though. But then again, I think that Gilardino would come handy for us, coz Adriano might again have to play international cup (confederation) in the summer, so ??

(7) well well well .... as I said earlier, I am confused if we should go for him or not.

Some have said and some might later say that - THESE INTER FANS ARE NEVER GONNA LEARN .. BUY BUY BUY !! But in this case, I think it would be different, if we are planning to get rid of the likes of Vieri/Recoba ?? And yeah, our first priority MUST be world class defenders.

But it all depends on Mancini's tactics as well ... if he really wants to play with 3 players upfront which he usually says, then I don't hink we will be needing Gilardino. But if we are to play 4-4-2 (diamond or flat), then Gilardino could be handy for us.

And last but not the least; is Gilardino really worth more than $25million ??
    Would he be good for us ??

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I voted YES here are my reasons...

-Its not everyday that a great player like Gila is for sale.As much as i would like it to happen in the future,it wont...If he is going to be sold i want him coming to Inter...

-We will eventually need a replacement for the great Vieri,who better to do so than the Great GIla...eventually he will take his place and it will reap alot for us.Plus Cruz might not stay for long if he stays next season.

I would hate to see him go to Juve or worse Milan.Sometime u just have to grab such opportunities because they dont come alot in a lifetime with such great talent.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE

-I wish Parma would keep him another year so that timing wise it would be perfect to get him..God knows we are ok in the striker department right now.
    -The price !!!!
    -In no way should getting him affect our transfer for great CB
    Ziyad Of Boston

Well I say "No" ... Given the talent of Adriano and Martins .. we need their continuity .. we must let them lead Inter for atleast two seasons.

Another reason is that we need the money to buy defenders, one/two CD's and a class winger.

From another perspective if we have a 3-4-3 formation even then we need someone who can also play behind, which neither of the three strikers can do.

With regards to backup strikers, we have Vieri, Cruz and Recoba. I would personally like to see Recoba leave and get a mediocre reserve striker in place of him e.g. Vucinic, Miccoli. I would like Vieri to end his career at Inter

Gila can be thought about only if Adriano is leaving .. not otherwise.
    When The Going Gets Tough ... We\'ll Together Survive The INTERbulent Storms ... May The Madonnina Smile Upon Us.

I voted no. My reasons for that is.

We are allredy well stucked in offence, and it would be stupid to get another striker unless we sell Adriano.

He is to expensive, there is no way I would consider giving that much for a player, especialy not in a position where we are more then covered.

And the money could be more vicely spend, they have to be used in our defensive apartmeant where we have som major problems. Cause as we all know we need a new LB and CB.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Yep, I suggested it, good to see you made the thread, Pravesh, mate.

Okay, my opinion, on Gilardino.

It would be obsurd for me to go on using up 100 words on how good Gilardino is, so I won't do that, but IMO...he is the third best striker in the league; behind Adriano and Shevchenko.

Firstly, I don't think this would jeopardize or get in the way of signing a world class defender, as previous stated by the club, that (Chivu/Samuel) is our main priority.

Secondly, I do think that we need Gilardino because, as we learnt at the start of the season....we used Adriano too much, and have a look at how many games he has played in the new year. Then we have Martins, who quite frankly is a striker who can't play 50 games a season all that well. Therefore we need Gilardino, Adriano and Martins as out top three strikers, who will be rotated into the starting lineup, helping their fitness and partnerships.

Thirdly, I think that if Milan do buy Gilardino, it will be a big blow to the Serie A because one (perhaps only) Milan weakness (in terms of one season, this being next season) is their partner for Shevchenko...now if you get Gilardino to play with Shevchenko and delivery from Kaka, Seedorf, Jankulovski (assuming yadi yadi yada), Pirlo and crew...you're screwed.

Fourthly, I do think that we can buy Gilardino, realistically speaking, we can bloody well do it, but we need the right mix of players to join Parma, no chance of us signing him with just plain cash, we need some players to go to Parma. A few players that come to mind are: Karagounis, Emre, Coco, Gammara, Burdisso (on loan?, I wouldn't want to, though) and pretty much all our fringe players. If it were up to me, I'd offer $13 mill and Karagounis, Gamarra, Kily and Cruz.

Finally, If it were up to me, my strikeforce next season would be:

Gilardino
    Adriano
    Martins
    Recoba
    Pinilla

If Inter are to be successful and a real MAJOR force in the Serie A and in Europe, Gilardino needs to be there...we can also be a force in the Serie A without him being there, but I just can't see it us being a threat in Europe without Gila.

So I say...

YES!

Who wouldn't want a player like Gilardino?

Milan is not getting him they can't afford him, they have more or less given up their purchase on him.

Juve can't get him either they have to sell half their squad to afford him.

We can't afford him unless we sell Adriano, or we don't buy other players.

Cause with sales and our budget is abouth 50 mil, and that is the exact amount that we'll have to pay for a Gilardino signature.

And therefore it would be stupid since the money could be more vicely spent.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i think this is a pointless topic.

were not even linked. We ALREADY have Oba, Adriano, Cruz, Chino and Bobogol.

How we gona fit him in?

We mgiht as well get Torres too ill only talk about this again if we sell adriano, until then bye.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Well I voted yes...

As some managers say, the team with more goals win. An the more the strikers are, the more the goals are. Earlier this season, only Adriano was good enough in attack and that's why he monopolised our goal scoring. Had we one good striker then(like Gilardino is now), we would be top of the table since October. We wouldn't draw so much, maybe would had some defeats, but we would have scored too many goals, that other teams cannot score in short time given.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I voted No.

I feel that it's pointless if we get him now. He could be a good addition, but considering the strikers we already have in our squad now, he's redundant. we already have Adriano, Martins and Vieri who could take up the first team striker position. Cruz is a good back-up, especially if he's on form, like now.

Gilardino would be an excellent addition of Adriano leaves, though.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Thirdly, I think that if Milan do buy Gilardino, it will be a big blow to the Serie A because one (perhaps only) Milan weakness (in terms of one season, this being next season) is their partner for Shevchenko...now if you get Gilardino to play with Shevchenko and delivery from Kaka, Seedorf, Jankulovski (assuming yadi yadi yada), Pirlo and crew...you're screwed.
    if there are 5 strikers at the level of Gila .. we cant buy all 5 fearing that Milan or for that matter any other team would buy him ... its a nonsensincal reason ... get real man ...
    When The Going Gets Tough ... We\'ll Together Survive The INTERbulent Storms ... May The Madonnina Smile Upon Us.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Yep, I suggested it, good to see you made the thread, Pravesh, mate.
    I know ... at ur service mate ...

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    i think this is a pointless topic.

were not even linked. We ALREADY have Oba, Adriano, Cruz, Chino and Bobogol.
    We seem to be linked with him, even though we are linked with so many players. And it's not a pointless topic !!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    Cause with sales and our budget is abouth 50 mil, and that is the exact amount that we'll have to pay for a Gilardino signature.
    He won't cost that much for sure, as it's just their asking price; business is done like that ... $50 is just too much, unless Chelsea gets him.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Well I voted yes, because...

-it's not my money, why not buy him?

-he's the best Italian striker there is, period.

I'm far more concerned with getting some good defenders though. Why don't we just buy Ramos for 30-40mil? We already have 5 amazing forwards. When a player of Cruz's quality is our 5th choice you know the attack is doing well.

We've scored more goals this season than anyone else (last time I checked) so scoring goals isn't a problem.

Yet...... like I said, I voted yes because I'd like to see him play for us and I wouldn't have to pay a cent for him to join inter. Let Moratti spend his money however he wishes.

However, if I was in charge of F.C Internazionale (God willing someday I will be) then I would not buy him.

In hindsight, I probably should have chosen the 'Don't know' option.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

How are we not linked with him?
    I'll give you the fact that newspapers, websites etc...I'll give you that, just for the sake of it, but what about the coaches/staff and even the Parma President talking about Gilardino leaving and associating him with the 3 major Italiani clubs.

I think it was previously mentioned that we had 5 strikers...but guess what? Two are over thirty, and one is one the verge of hitting thirty and has allready played his two-good-games a season.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    how many times do we have to bloody say this to you catanha.

AS long as BOTH Adriano and Martins are at this club there is no freakin room for another young superstar striker, and no there will be no 4-3-3 formation.

So until Adriano or Oba leaves, we can forget about Torres and Gilardino. Cause were not stupid enough to waste money on something pointless.

This is a tricky one. IMO when available Adriano and Oba are the perfect match and we should build our future striking partners around the 2 of them.
    So I believe Gilaís arrival will not be such a wise decision even if we were to sell 2 of these gentlemenís Chino, Bobo or Cruz.
    Mainly because unlike Cruz for example Gila will not be pleased acting as a bench warmer. And rightly so Iíd say.
    Gila needs to find a club where he is guaranteed to be among the starting 11. There are plenty clubs out there. Lets not destroy yet another youngsters career. Plus I think the price is pretty hefty
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Gilardino is not needed. If this fm yeah sure buy him but this is not, this is the real world. We need defenders we already have adr,oba,bobo,cruz and chino. Do we need more?? My answer is no.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    how many times do we have to bloody say this to you catanha.

AS long as BOTH Adriano and Martins are at this club there is no freakin room for another young superstar striker, and no there will be no 4-3-3 formation.

So until Adriano or Oba leaves, we can forget about Torres and Gilardino. Cause were not stupid enough to waste money on something pointless.
    We can't play 4-3-3 with adriano,gilardino and martins anyway.

Both Adriano and gilardino are target men. In a 4-3-3 you only have 1 of them. and 2 wing forwards. So it won't work.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Syria

10 years of FIF
    well duh, thats why i wrote we cant play a 4-3-3 lol.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Chelsea played the 4-3-3 perfectly with Robben and Duff on the wings with Drogba in the centre. That worked really well. If we got Esposito we could maybe do this..

Adriano--Martins--Esposito

because I remember earlier in the season Adriano used to get out wide on the left. Still I don't think it'd work well.