So, I am opening this thread on Gilardino. It also was a request by one of our friends sometime back, but now it seems that the time has come to open this thread.
Parma's Baraldi has stated that if Inter's price is right enough, then they will consider our offer than that of Milan/Juve, coz we had saved their club when buying Adriano last season. And look at those Parma fans, who think we are the ones we destroyed their club - amazing fans there in some threads (Parma fans).
Getting back top main topic of this thread .... Do we need him ??
We already have got Adriano and Martins - 2 tenage prodigies. Add to that Gilardino is another young talented striker as well, so what should we do here ?? Move out of this transfer and let Milan/Juventus/Real get him & be satisfied with Adriano -- Martins ??
OR do we need 3 quality strikers in our squad ??
I do think that we need replacements, if we decide to sell 2 strikers from:
But what kind of replacements should we get ?? Isn't Gilardino kind of a high class for us and more than a luxury as we already have 2 strikers who have the capability of doing great for us in the coming seasons
Telling frankly, I am kinda confused ...
(1) He's a young and talented ITALIAN striker.
(2) If not us, he will move to Milan/Juventus, though I wouldn't mind him moving to Real. But that also doesn't mean that we keep on buying all our opponents' targetted players !!
(3) Do we need 3 quality strikers ?? But again, haven't we had more than 2 quality strikers since long time back ??
Vieri, Recoba, Adriano, Martins, Cruz:
(4) It would be ridiculous to get him, at the expence of world class defender/s.
(5) Can we afford him, since it seems that we are saving $$, unlike before. But again, it could also be the time that Moratti might want to splash some $$. Hopefully, for the right players, especially defence.
(6) Would that mean that Martins playing time could be affected ?? It would be good if the 3 strikers would be rotated well enough though. But then again, I think that Gilardino would come handy for us, coz Adriano might again have to play international cup (confederation) in the summer, so ??
(7) well well well .... as I said earlier, I am confused if we should go for him or not.
Some have said and some might later say that - THESE INTER FANS ARE NEVER GONNA LEARN .. BUY BUY BUY !! But in this case, I think it would be different, if we are planning to get rid of the likes of Vieri/Recoba ?? And yeah, our first priority MUST be world class defenders.
But it all depends on Mancini's tactics as well ... if he really wants to play with 3 players upfront which he usually says, then I don't hink we will be needing Gilardino. But if we are to play 4-4-2 (diamond or flat), then Gilardino could be handy for us.
And last but not the least; is Gilardino really worth more than $25million ??
Would he be good for us ??