Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Inter 2014/15 Ratings

  1. #1
    TGDella's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Nov 14
    Posts
    1,711
    Thanked
    1,762 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    England

    Inter 2014/15 Ratings

    Had this idea for a thread, don't know if it's been done in previous seasons but could be fun (just wish it wasn't after such a shitshow of a season). Rate each member of the squad, and give a line or two about their performance if you want (or don't). After a while we can add up the totals and give each player a FIF average rating...woo.


    Samir Handanović - 6.5 - as I've said elsewhere, for me his miracle saves easily outweighed his plunders in the latter part of the season. A top top GK.
    Jonathan - N/A tbh
    Juan Jesus - 5- very disappointing season for JJ, at least under Mancini. Gonna take a lot of work to turn him into a back-4 defender. At least he's young.
    Marco Andreolli - 6 - Seemed to play very well when he stepped in, obviously lacks pace and is no solution for the future but he played with heart and concentration and this year, that was enough to gain my affection ()
    Rodrigo Palacio - 6 - Very good second half of this season to make up for the barren first. His workrate, particularly off the ball, ended up being pretty invaluable at times when we looked otherwise static. I hope whatever replacement we get is willing to move and work as much as him.
    Mauro Icardi - 8 - The only real success story. Forza Bomber.
    Mateo Kovačić - 7 - had a torrid middle-third of the season when trying to adapt to Mancini's system, but some wonderful moments at the beginning and the end. For me he remains our best player. NOW DON'T SELL HIM.
    Lukas Podolski - 3.5 - to be honest, I like the guy, and don't believe his poor form was down to lack of commitment...but it didn't work out.
    Fredy Guarín - 5 - his short-lived spell of top form just made the rest of his ridiculous displays the more insufferable. Struggled to give him a score - expect people to go higher and lower.
    Hugo Campagnaro - 3.5 - Feel kind of sorry for this guy really as he is clearly not a right back. But god he was awful.
    Nemanja Vidić - 5 - though the partnership with Ranocchia looked to have finally resolved some of our defensive issues at some stages, the amount of errors present in his performances (particularly early on) has meant it can't truly be considered anything other than a disappointment.
    Zdravko Kuzmanović - 4.5 - Can't be too harsh, as it's not like he played any worse than his ability allows him to. Still shit though.
    Gary Medel - 5.5 - Maybe in a really good Inter team Medel could be integral. In this one, he works hard but ultimately looks mediocre too often. I hope he has some competition next season, and we can get a better idea.
    Joel Obi - 4.5- nice derby goal, but another average youngish player.
    Davide Santon - 5.5 - Not sure what to make of him, honestly. Looked offensively threatening, defensively average. Want another season to judge, but he'll probably get injured.
    Dodô - 4.5 - Very much a Mazzarri player, another one I feel slightly sorry for as he was brought in for one system but was expected to play in another. Still, barring an astonishing improvement he looks a long way off the sort of player to play in an aspirational Inter team.
    Andrea Ranocchia - 5 - Ah, Capitano (not IL capitano, but capitano nonetheless). I understand the hate as well as the loyalty that some FIFers have expressed, tbh I liked the attitude shown in some recent performances as taking so much criticism cannot be easy - but like Vidic, certain errors make this season a clear failure, ultimately. I want him to stay, personally, as I think we will need a constant like him as we continue to rebuild, but vast improvement in concentration and awareness is needed next season.
    Felipe - 5? I dunno.
    George Pușcaș - 6 - probably a bit of a generous mark for a striker who didn't score, but I really liked the look of Puscas. I hope he either gets a good loan opportunity, or is given more minutes next year.
    Juan Pablo Carrizo - 4 - Wolfsburg. Don't remember anything else, sorry.
    Danilo D'Ambrosio - 6- rate this guy higher than most seem to. Solid, consummate professional, doesn't do much inspirational work but is not horribly error-prone like the rest of the defence (and most of the squad, come to think of it).
    Tommaso Berni - N/A
    Yuto Nagatomo - 4 - Still admire his spirit and energy, but looks increasingly vulnerable in defence and ineffective in attack. Time to move on, I feel.
    Marcelo Brozović - 5 - ranged from "looks decent" to "looks quite poor". The biggest compliment I could pay is that he seems to be a slight upgrade to Kuzmanovic in technical ability, but I hope he is squad rotation next season.
    Hernanes - 6 - struggled early on, particularly when played in CM, but a couple of superb performances in reason weeks got his score up to respectability for me, though others will undoubtedly disagree.
    Xherdan Shaqiri - 5.5 - showed signs of brilliance to begin with but faded, although not as dramatically as some made out imo. Got to believe there's more to come.
    Assane Gnoukouri - 6 - Looked really accomplished against some big players. Hope to see more of this guy soon.
    Federico Bonazzolli - 5.5 - Didn't get enough minutes really, but that cross for Palacio's goal v Lazio was a great moment. Wish him the best of luck at Samp, hope he gets playing time and that we see him back.

    Roberto Mancini - 5 - plenty of positives and negatives have been debated on this forum about Mancio's impact, but the overall assesment based on the team's performances and results is pretty clear: must do better.


    Quite tricky to do these scores actually, so I hope noone gets too pinicketty about individual ones - going first is obviously hardest! Interested to see other people's.
    Last edited by TGDella; 01 Jun 15 at 02:44.
    "I didn’t want to upset or disrespect the Lazio fans, but I had to do it for Lotito. It was the saddest backflip of my career."

    -Hernanes


  2. #2
    iThrowRocksAtBlindKids's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Jan 15
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanked
    1,242 times
    Fav. Player
    Pupi's haircomb

    United States

    What about Mazzarri?

  3. #3
    TGDella's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Nov 14
    Posts
    1,711
    Thanked
    1,762 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    England

    Rate him if you want. You'd logically also have to rate Khrin, Osvaldo, M'Vila etc. too though. I couldn't be arsed.
    "I didn’t want to upset or disrespect the Lazio fans, but I had to do it for Lotito. It was the saddest backflip of my career."

    -Hernanes


  4. #4
    iThrowRocksAtBlindKids's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Jan 15
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanked
    1,242 times
    Fav. Player
    Pupi's haircomb

    United States

    Mazzarri 9.0 on hair gel usage.

  5. #5
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,100
    Thanked
    9,245 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    F for everyone

  6. Thanks (1): MVD

  7. #6

    Join Date
    24 Apr 15
    Posts
    380
    Thanked
    272 times
    Fav. Player
    Treble squad

    PNG

    Quote Originally Posted by TGDella View Post
    Had this idea for a thread, don't know if it's been done in previous seasons but could be fun (just wish it wasn't after such a shitshow of a season). Rate each member of the squad, and give a line or two about their performance if you want (or don't). After a while we can add up the totals and give each player a FIF average rating...woo.


    Samir Handanović - 6.5 - as I've said elsewhere, for me his miracle saves easily outweighed his plunders in the latter part of the season. A top top GK.
    Jonathan - N/A tbh
    Juan Jesus - 5- very disappointing season for JJ, at least under Mancini. Gonna take a lot of work to turn him into a back-4 defender. At least he's young.
    Marco Andreolli - 6 - Seemed to play very well when he stepped in, obviously lacks pace and is no solution for the future but he played with heart and concentration and this year, that was enough to gain my affection ()
    Rodrigo Palacio - 6 - Very good second half of this season to make up for the barren first. His workrate, particularly off the ball, ended up being pretty invaluable at times when we looked otherwise static. I hope whatever replacement we get is willing to move and work as much as him.
    Mauro Icardi - 8 - The only real success story. Forza Bomber.
    Mateo Kovačić - 7 - had a torrid middle-third of the season when trying to adapt to Mancini's system, but some wonderful moments at the beginning and the end. For me he remains our best player. NOW DON'T SELL HIM.
    Lukas Podolski - 3.5 - to be honest, I like the guy, and don't believe his poor form was down to lack of commitment...but it didn't work out.
    Fredy Guarín - 5 - his short-lived spell of top form just made the rest of his ridiculous displays the more insufferable. Struggled to give him a score - expect people to go higher and lower.
    Hugo Campagnaro - 3.5 - Feel kind of sorry for this guy really as he is clearly not a right back. But god he was awful.
    Nemanja Vidić - 5 - though the partnership with Ranocchia looked to have finally resolved some of our defensive issues at some stages, the amount of errors present in his performances (particularly early on) has meant it can't truly be considered anything other than a disappointment.
    Zdravko Kuzmanović - 4.5 - Can't be too harsh, as it's not like he played any worse than his ability allows him to. Still shit though.
    Gary Medel - 5.5 - Maybe in a really good Inter team Medel could be integral. In this one, he works hard but ultimately looks mediocre too often. I hope he has some competition next season, and we can get a better idea.
    Joel Obi - 4.5- nice derby goal, but another average youngish player.
    Davide Santon - 5.5 - Not sure what to make of him, honestly. Looked offensively threatening, defensively average. Want another season to judge, but he'll probably get injured.
    Dodô - 4.5 - Very much a Mazzarri player, another one I feel slightly sorry for as he was brought in for one system but was expected to play in another. Still, barring an astonishing improvement he looks a long way off the sort of player to play in an aspirational Inter team.
    Andrea Ranocchia - 5 - Ah, Capitano (not IL capitano, but capitano nonetheless). I understand the hate as well as the loyalty that some FIFers have expressed, tbh I liked the attitude shown in some recent performances as taking so much criticism cannot be easy - but like Vidic, certain errors make this season a clear failure, ultimately. I want him to stay, personally, as I think we will need a constant like him as we continue to rebuild, but vast improvement in concentration and awareness is needed next season.
    Felipe - 5? I dunno.
    George Pușcaș - 6 - probably a bit of a generous mark for a striker who didn't score, but I really liked the look of Puscas. I hope he either gets a good loan opportunity, or is given more minutes next year.
    Juan Pablo Carrizo - 4 - Wolfsburg. Don't remember anything else, sorry.
    Danilo D'Ambrosio - 6- rate this guy higher than most seem to. Solid, consummate professional, doesn't do much inspirational work but is not horribly error-prone like the rest of the defence (and most of the squad, come to think of it).
    Tommaso Berni - N/A
    Yuto Nagatomo - 4 - Still admire his spirit and energy, but looks increasingly vulnerable in defence and ineffective in attack. Time to move on, I feel.
    Marcelo Brozović - 5 - ranged from "looks decent" to "looks quite poor". The biggest compliment I could pay is that he seems to be a slight upgrade to Kuzmanovic in technical ability, but I hope he is squad rotation next season.
    Hernanes - 6 - struggled early on, particularly when played in CM, but a couple of superb performances in reason weeks got his score up to respectability for me, though others will undoubtedly disagree.
    Xherdan Shaqiri - 5.5 - showed signs of brilliance to begin with but faded, although not as dramatically as some made out imo. Got to believe there's more to come.
    Assane Gnoukouri - 6 - Looked really accomplished against some big players. Hope to see more of this guy soon.
    Federico Bonazzolli - 5.5 - Didn't get enough minutes really, but that cross for Palacio's goal v Lazio was a great moment. Wish him the best of luck at Samp, hope he gets playing time and that we see him back.

    Roberto Mancini - 5 - plenty of positives and negatives have been debated on this forum about Mancio's impact, but the overall assesment based on the team's performances and results is pretty clear: must do better.


    Quite tricky to do these scores actually, so I hope noone gets too pinicketty about individual ones - going first is obviously hardest! Interested to see other people's.
    5.5 medel looks a bit harsh for me.

  8. #7
    Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,950
    Thanked
    17,832 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Macau

    57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    I'm only going to rate players who played more than about 10 times

    7.5 - Icardi
    7.0 - Handanovic (would have been an 8 if he hadn't been truly awful towards the end of the season)
    6.5 - Palacio, Kovacic,
    6.0 - Hernanes, D'ambrosio, Brozovic
    5.5 - Rano, Vidic, Medel, Shaqiri
    5.0 - Guarin, Nagatomo, KuzKuz
    4.5 - Juan Jesus, Dodo, Santon, Obi
    4.0 - Podolski

    Osvaldo probably deserves about a 7.5 for his time here too. He was pretty damn good, and then he imploded

    Mancini - 3.0
    Mazzarri - 2.5

    The biggest plus of the season is probably the understanding that Icardi and Palacio has built. They really combined with each other well as the season progressed
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

  9. Thanks (5): TGDella, thatdude, Toninu, wera, Wobblz

  10. #8
    Ffi201zi002tlis's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Feb 12
    Posts
    2,886
    Thanked
    4,369 times

    Japan

    Podolski should get a negative rating. How can he get 3.5 or 4? It's a crime against natural numbers.

  11. #9

    Join Date
    16 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,280
    Thanked
    4,054 times
    Old name
    Jrg

    Denmark

    17 Forum Supporter
    Mancini - 0,7782.

  12. #10
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    16,703
    Thanked
    26,910 times
    Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Mazzarri : 3.52
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


  13. #11
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jun 10
    Posts
    11,014
    Thanked
    8,035 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Saudi Arabia

    8
    7.5 Icardi
    7 Palacio
    6.5 Kova, Handa
    6 Hernanes, Medel
    5.5 D'Ambrosio, Brozovic, Ranocchia, Guarin, Shaqiri, Andreolli
    5 Vidic, Kuz, Nagatomo, Dodo, JJ, Santon
    4.5 Podolski
    4 Campagnaro, Carrizo

    Mancini 4.5
    Mazzarri 0.352
    Forza Inter

  14. #12
    Wallace
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    11,213
    Thanked
    10,241 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    10 Wallace
    7.5 Guarin, Ranocchia
    7 Icardi, Palacio, Handanovic
    6.5 Kova, Hernanes, Andreolli
    6 Medel, Shaqiri, Felipe, Kuzmanovic, Carrizo, Gnoukouri
    5.5 D'Ambrosio, Brozovic, JJ, Santon, Shaqiri, Dodo
    5 Vidic, Nagatomo, Podolski, Campagnaro, Obi

    Mancini 0
    Mazzarri 3.1415926...

  15. Thanks (1): WLEXT

  16. #13
    enjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Aug 14
    Posts
    6,667
    Thanked
    3,124 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Bulgaria

    Most Optimistic Member
    8 Icardi
    7 Palacio
    6.5 Kova,Hernanes
    5. Medel, Handa, D'Ambrosio, Brozovic, Ranocchia, Guarin, Shaqiri, Vidic, Kuz, Nagatomo, Dodo, JJ, Santon etc...

    Mancini 6 - Improve our team, make look strong and danger, if players not make this absurd mistakes we will be at 4-5 place PLAYERS FAIL NOT MANCINI!
    Mazzarri 0 - totally destroy our team

  17. #14
    Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Sep 10
    Posts
    7,326
    Thanked
    6,920 times
    Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

    Europe

    75 Forum Supporter
    Mazzarri is a boss & everybody denying it, is gaaay. Like all of yous

    We are now once again where we was 2 years ago: Right after Strama's fuck up, where we were out of Europe & only had to play in Serie A. Then came Mazzarri & did an amazing work to pull the team together & qualify for EL again. & then he was let go & Mancini came, & now we are once again back to being not in EL & only being in Serie, like in Strama days...

    Long story short... story of Inter's life: 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

    Forza Mazzarri
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

  18. Thanks (1): Wallace

  19. #15
    Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,950
    Thanked
    17,832 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Macau

    57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Qualifying for the EL is piss easy when all your competitors for those positions are playing in the EL. We'll easily get a EL spot next season. The question is whether we can do better than that
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

  20. Thanks (1): thatdude

  21. #16
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    12,166
    Thanked
    12,988 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Qualifying for the EL is piss easy when all your competitors for those positions are playing in the EL. We'll easily get a EL spot next season. The question is whether we can do better than that
    Yeah it's CL or bust next year, but where have I heard this before?

  22. Thanks (1): Shaun

  23. #17
    TGDella's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Nov 14
    Posts
    1,711
    Thanked
    1,762 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    England

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Mazzarri is a boss & everybody denying it, is gaaay. Like all of yous

    We are now once again where we was 2 years ago: Right after Strama's fuck up, where we were out of Europe & only had to play in Serie A. Then came Mazzarri & did an amazing work to pull the team together & qualify for EL again. & then he was let go & Mancini came, & now we are once again back to being not in EL & only being in Serie, like in Strama days...

    Long story short... story of Inter's life: 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

    Forza Mazzarri
    nice ratings.
    "I didn’t want to upset or disrespect the Lazio fans, but I had to do it for Lotito. It was the saddest backflip of my career."

    -Hernanes

  24. Thanks (1): Cal

  25. #18
    Kakaroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    10,393
    Thanked
    13,179 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

    United States

    48
    Only the guys that I remember seeing enough to form an opinion:

    Handa: He really was important for much of the season but at the end he was very disappointing, looking like he wanted to be elsewhere. 6

    D'Ambrossio: He had a solid season. Up to expectations when they got him. 5.5

    Rannocchia: I'm not a huge fan and still believe that if he is our "leader" again next season we'll have the same problems. He is not bad but Inter need more. 5.5

    Juan Jesus: Disappointed in JJ this year. The coaching change didn't do him any good. 5

    Vidic: I thought he would be better than that. A walking penalty. 4.5

    Medel: I thought he was solid. He doesn't contribute offensively but that was to be expected. 5.5

    Hernanes: Showed flashes but not enough for a guy who was bought as a big signing. 5

    Guarin: His stats reflect that he has undeniable talent but at the same time he is tactically inept and gives the ball way too much. Hopefully his honeymoon with Mancini ends soon. 5

    Kovacic: A tale of two halves for him. Mazzarri finally was getting the best out of him but then he was gone and some people thought this was good for Kovacic but Mancini instead went and put him in every position but his actual position then benched him. At the end he did regroup and was finding himself again. I hope Inter don't sell him but right now I think its going to happen. 6.5

    Palacio: He gets a lot of love around here and I get it he runs a lot or whatever but to me he kills almost every counter attack and missess way too much for my liking. They need to stop running him into the ground playing every single minute of every game. 7

    Icardi: I was one of the people who thought Icardi left a lot to be desired with the ball at his feet but to be fair he was improving as the season wore on. Scoring 20 goals in a season for a club like Inter at such a young is not that easy. 7.5

    Mancini: Wasn't huge on his appointment and still aren't. Still don't know why he played Carrizo in our game of the season. Hopefully he gets the defense figured out because that's the only way to get back to CL. 5.5

    Left out the January transfer guys because they didn't play enough for me to really rate them. I'll give Shaqiri and the Bro a summer and then start judging them.
    Last edited by Kakaroto; 01 Jun 15 at 16:53.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

  26. Thanks (2): MVD, Ronin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •