Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Travelling

Fav. Player
    Marco Materazzi

Netherlands

This summer i'm going for a roadtrip with 3 friends to Italy. First we drive trough the dolomites with a stop at lago di braies, then we will visit Padova for 2 days(1 day Venice) then we're gonna rent a house for 7 days in Tuscany and we will finish the trip with 2 days in Milano. Does anyone have some recommendation for daily trips? Maybe ziplining or mountainbike trip? Or some festivals we must visit while we are there?

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    This summer i'm going for a roadtrip with 3 friends to Italy. First we drive trough the dolomites with a stop at lago di braies, then we will visit Padova for 2 days(1 day Venice) then we're gonna rent a house for 7 days in Tuscany and we will finish the trip with 2 days in Milano. Does anyone have some recommendation for daily trips? Maybe ziplining or mountainbike trip? Or some festivals we must visit while we are there?
    For festivals you gotta give actual days unless there are areas where they have every weekend.

As for day trips:
    Ravenna is a must.
    Depending on where you are in Tuscany, you should check out Firenze, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, Bologna (not really Tuscan but worth it). Dozza is also worth a skim through while you're at it. Maranello is not far, where you can check the Ferrari museum. You could also possibly go to San Marino from there but you might have to sacrifice a day somewhere between Ravenna, San Marino and Bologna so that you don't go back and forth but it's doable nonetheless. If you want to go to the beach side, check Camaiore as well.

There's a Pinocchio park somewhere there, not sure if it's good enough or worthwhile but it's close to Pisa.

I'd also check some of the castle towns in the region.
    Pitigliano is scenic for example and there's also Bagnoregio. Arquato is close to Milano on your way north. There are some around Verona in the Veneto and Friuli regions so I'm sure you could check them out on your way south from the first days but I'm unsure on which is actually worth it. You could easily research this I guess. There are a couple near Lake Garda iirc.

4. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Go to Siena. You will not regret it.

6. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Lake Como... awesome place
    Venice of course
    Trieste/Trst
    Lago/Lake di Garda between Verona and Brescia...or Gardalanad...theme park
    Milanooo of course

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

8. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    they told me to expect wind in the Cliffs of Moher
    I went there last week and it was basically zero wind, bad timing.

Did you stop in Galway when you were in the west?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Yes I did, and also did the pub crawl while there, I´m not that much of a heavy drinker but did it anyway for fun, Jesus Mary and Joseph...

12. Thanks (3): Dylan, Harpsabu, MVD

Sudan

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    If you've only got 11 hours, I'd suggest just getting the train (I can't remember if it's a direct train or whether you need to switch at some point) in to Westminster and go for a walk around.
    that what i have in my mind. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    1. From Heathrow, follow Heathrow Express sign. Get on Heathrow Express. It is expensive (22 pounds) but really quick. You will reach Paddington in 15 minutes.

2. Once you're in Paddington, follow the sign to UNDERGROUND. Follow Bakerloo line Southbound. Stop at Embankment, follow District line Westbound, stop at Westminster. You'll see Westminster Abbey, the London Eye and Parliament House here. (This probably takes 15 mins to reach from Paddington)

3. From the House of Parliament, you can walk along St James' Park towards Buckingham Palace. It is about 15 mins walk.

4. From the Buckingham Palace, you can walk along The Mall, which is the road right across the Palace, until the end you will reach at Trafalgar Square. It is another 15 minutes walk.

5. Now from the Trafalgar Square, it depends how much time you have. You can either walk to Piccadilly Circus which is 10 minutes. Or if you have lots of time, you can try to detour to Tower Bridge.

6. If you want to go to Tower Bridge, then from Trafalgar Square you need to get to Charing Cross Underground. Follow Bakerloo line Southbound, stop at Embankment, then follow District line Eastbound, stop at Tower Hill. (This probably will take 15 - 20 minutes journey) So if you go to Tower Bridge, allow at least 1 hour journey for return plus how much time you will spend there.

I think if you only have 11 hours connection, it will take about 30 minutes to 1 hour to pass UK Border unless you are EU citizens. Then you will need to reach Heathrow again about 1.5 hours to 2 hours prior to your flight. Then journey to and from Paddington will be 30 minutes for return. So, technically speaking, you only have about 7 - 7.5 hours only. This also depends whether you need to eat like lunch or dinner before going to airport.

I think if you cover those in central London and ignore Tower Bridge, you will do just fine. Maybe end it at Piccadilly Circus, get a dinner at Soho before heading back to Paddington.

From Piccadilly Circus to Paddington, just follow Bakerloo line Northbound. No changes. Took about 10 minutes.

I would suggest to get Tourist Oyster Card online as well. So, you don't waste time buying oyster card and top up while you are there.

There is a cheaper way to get to London Central from Heathrow which is using Underground. It only costs 3.10 pound but it takes 45 minutes at least.
    wow
    thanks very much, this's a great help. i will take your advises with me as a guidance when im in London. appreciate it

14. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    there is a 55 meter long rope bridge near pordenone, in the outstanding Cellina Gorge Nature Reserve. it costs 3 euros to walk though it (plus 3 euros to have access to the place) including the gear. i'm mentioning this because i seem to understand you are going for an "adventurous" trip.

it's around 100 km north of venice, so maybe not exactly along your route.

in italian it is called "ponte tibetano" ("tibetan bridge").
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I m in dubai on a business trip but got a couple of days with not much to do. Anybody got some tips what to do around here except for the usual tourist bs!
    Also a bar that shows serie a would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 16 Apr 18 at 10:51.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Shopping malls and avoid the sun.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter
    Booked our tour: 4 days Stockholm and 6 days with a car to visit the south of Sweden
    Inter clueless management with no strategy and wasting tons of money. every year, again and again

22. Thanks (3): Azul, firmino, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Belize

OK my Balkan brothers, it's looking like I'll be in Sarajevo in the October timeframe. We'll be there for a week so we have enough time to visit a couple places. We'll likely be driving, so was looking for info on places within a reasonable distance. We were throwing around the idea of doing a trip along the coast and hitting Dubrovnik and Split. Another option is heading north and visiting Zagreb and Istria. Maybe Belgrade instead? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

24. Thanks (3): ADRossi, Azul, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
    OK my Balkan brothers, it's looking like I'll be in Sarajevo in the October timeframe. We'll be there for a week so we have enough time to visit a couple places. We'll likely be driving, so was looking for info on places within a reasonable distance. We were throwing around the idea of doing a trip along the coast and hitting Dubrovnik and Split. Another option is heading north and visiting Zagreb and Istria. Maybe Belgrade instead? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    I´ve been to Zagreb, Dubrovnik and Split. All 3 places are worth visiting.
    Dubrovnik is not that big but it´s totally worth visiting, the harbour is great and the tour you can take by the walls is incredible.

Zagreb has is that city vibe, good places to eat, cool stuff to see like the market and the cathedral, it´s also fun to go for a walk during the night.

There´s some pics from when I was there on page 4.

It really depends what you are more into.

26. Thanks (2): MVD, vasilios