Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Travelling

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's no conspiracy. Our Curva has an affiliation with them and they both attended. Napoli also has an affiliation with Plovdiv fans from Bulgaria who may or may have not been invited by them to join, but either way they did not participate. It's common in these underground phenomenae to have "backup".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Brehme is talking about Napoletani Ultras Plovdiv, Lokomotiv Plovdiv ultras and obviously some of them are also Napoli fans. They're an ultra small group, pun intended, about 25 people anyway.
    14 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    Hi guys, I hope someone can help me, i'm trying to book a flight to Plovdiv but I can't find any direct flights from Holland/Belgium or West-Germany does anyone now which airlines fly on Plovdiv? Otherwise I have to fly to Sofia and take the bus from there which isn't to bad but first I want to try and fly to Plovdiv directly.
    Shit is going down

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Hey OC, what's the shape of the Earth again?

#conspiracy
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

3. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    It's either Varna/Burgas or Sofia, those are the major airports. Also depends on where you live - cheapest flights are Eindhoven-Sofia, which I used earlier this year.

Plovdiv is like 2 hours away from the Capital by bus, so it's not that bad mind you, similar to Eindhoven-Amsterdam.

If you're making your way East to West then it makes sense for you to first visit the Black Sea cities (Varna and Burgas) and then make your way Westwards via Plovdiv.
    Thank you again for the information Wobblz, then I will take a flight from Eindhoven-Sofia and take the bus from there to Plovdiv. I'm not going to Varna anymore i've completely changed my planning so I can stay longer in Sofia and Belgrade. I didn't want to travel 8 hours by train only so I could visit an roman museum. I will send you a PM tonight when I've booked my flights just to ask some more information about Bulgaria if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post

Shit is going down
    Haha didn't saw that posts!

To make things worse: I'm also a fan of Ajax and every away match in the Balkan I felt so welcome. (Everyone who is supporting Ajax is a jew they seem to think in the Balkan)

5. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Hi guys,

Again with a question: I want to travel from Belgrado to Sibiu now all I can find is a busride from 12 hours or a flight from Belgrade to Sibiu which will take me 40 hours (Belgrade-Amsterdam-Boekarest-Sibiu) so this is no option for me. Flying from Belgrade to Timisoara or Cluj isn't a option because there are no direct flights. Can anybody help me?

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

A question for our serbian members: How good/reliable our the bus connections in Serbia? In the summer I will be 8 days in Belgrade and want to travel to Sremska Mitrovica which shouldn't be a problem as I already found some ways to travel there but I also wanna travel to Gamzigrad to visit the Felix Romuliana site but I only found one bus which travel once a day to Gamzigrad. I'm thinking about renting a car but I don't know if this is a good thing to do because of the scams and tricks they will try on me.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Buses are reliable. Trains, not so much. Which websites are you using to check? If you google Beograd- Gamzigrad, the first result is this website that shows 3 lines a day, though two of them might be too late for your needs.

https://www.balkanviator.com/sr/red-...gamzigrad-srb/

It would probably be easier to just go to Zajecar from Belgrade, and then take a cab ride or local bus ride to Gamzigrad since Zajecar and Gamzigrad are about 10km from each other.

https://redvoznje.net/rs/autobuske-l...ograd/zajecar/
    https://www.balkanviator.com/en/bus-...b/zajecar-srb/

I was unaware of the balkanviator website, apparently it shows all the smaller/private bus companies which aren't necessarily updated on the RedVoznje site. Typically when you call the main bus station in Belgrade via phone they tell you about them, here's the number in case you end up needing it:

+381 11 263 6299

I advise you to get phone numbers for the main bus stations of the bigger cities you might visit (Belgrade, Novi Sad, etc), because those are always handy to double check the information on the spot when you need it.

Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about car rental services here, zero first or second hand experiences. For cab drivers, just insist on them to turn on the meter and you should be okay. Small cities like Zajecar are typically pretty cheap, where i live it's about 1 euro per km, roughly.

11. Thanks (3): Azul, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Thank you very much Dax, this is very helpful! Especially the balkanviator is very useful for me.

Maybe a stupid question but do they speak english in case I need to call the main bus station in Belgrade? I'm planning to buy me some translation books in Serbian and Bulgarian so I can ask the ''normal'' questions and try to blend in but from what I saw both the languages look nothing like the alphabet we use here so it will be a big challenge for me to even learn the basics.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Yeah people speak english here decently enough, unless they are over 40 years of age, then it's a hit and miss.

The number I posted above is for Belgrade's main bus station and it's for the office in charge of the lines within Serbia (from and to Belgrade), as well from Belgrade to surrounding countries of Bosnia, Macedonia, Croatia and Montenegro.
    This number is for reservations and info about the other international lines that include all the other countries.

+381 11 26 27 146

PM me when the time comes and I can list/explain couple of the most basic phrases that you could probably use though there is really no need, you can get by with English here.

15. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    Hi guys, some pics from last October from Gdansk, Poland, loved this city, besides Warsaw was the highlight of my trip, nice people, full of history (you should definitely do the walking tours), breathtaking views everywhere, it´s also cheap that allows you to go eat at nice restaurants if you want to.
    The WW2 museum is fantastic, highly recommended, one of the best museums i´ve been to.

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    One of my favourite things to do when travelling is meeting new people, not that´s something that I often do in here because I´m a bid introverted, We often change contacts and talk from time to time and I always ask them to come and visit since Portugal is a nice place, and often cheap for the people I meet abroad.
    It´s mostly just promises because no one actually comes.

So it was a big surprise to me when two woman from Kentucky that we met last year in Ireland contacted me and my cousin saying that they´ll come to visit in April. Super excited to show them around not only the touristic spots, that they´d be able to visit anyway on their own, but mostly show how the locals enjoy the city, we´re even going to a football match because luckily Porto plays at home that weekend, someone needs to help spread the european football culture to the yanks!

18. Thanks (2): MVD, Sokrates

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    One of my favourite things to do when travelling is meeting new people, not that´s something that I often do in here because I´m a bid introverted, We often change contacts and talk from time to time and I always ask them to come and visit since Portugal is a nice place, and often cheap for the people I meet abroad.

So it was a big surprise to me when two woman from Kentucky that we met last year in Ireland contacted me and my cousin saying that they´ll come to visit in April. Super excited to show them around not only the touristic spots, that they´d be able to visit anyway on their own, but mostly show how the locals enjoy the city, we´re even going to a football match because luckily Porto plays at home that weekend, someone needs to help spread the european football culture to the yanks!
    You didn't mention the one million dollar question there. Did you show them and make them eat your Kentucky Fried Chicken in your pants?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

You also should show them how locals apartment looks like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

21. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    Nah it´s not like that at all, they are at least 10 years older than me.
    Also my Gf would not be too happy about that and would probably chop my dick off if I tried to pull something like that!

My plans are only to introduce them to the Galerias in Porto where they can have a good time and get drunk if they want to find some quality Portuguese sausage I´m sure plenty of older guys will be interested in the cultural exchange.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

I'll probably be in Porto in September.

25. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    I’m probably going to travel one week in the beginning of September, around my Bday (September 10).
    If it’s not around the same dates just let me know, I’ll gladly buy you a Francesinha and a beer!

September is a great month to come here, in the last years the summers are starting later and the best months are not in July/August anymore but mostly August and September even the first weeks of October are usually very nice.

If you need any tips to plan your trip just let me know.

27. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

My plans are only to introduce them to the Galerias in Porto where they can have a good time and get drunk if they want to find some quality Portuguese sausage I´m sure plenty of older guys will be interested in the cultural exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I'll probably be in Porto in September.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

29. Thanks (2): Azul, MVD