Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122

Thread: Travelling

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    a friend of mine recently visited bran castle (supposedly, vlad the impaler aka "dracula"'s castle) in romania, near brasov and some 150 km north of bucharest. he was really enthusiastic in talking about it, seems like a place worth considering in a trip to the balkan area (although it's not technically "balkans" i guess)
    I've been there as well. The castle has nothing to do with Vlad Tepes, it's said that he slept there ONCE, supposedly. I mean, it's an okay trip, but nothing extraordinary.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

2. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I think I will start my trip in Varna and then travel to Sofia-Skopje-Nis-Belgrade by bus/train but I see alot of reports of theft in the night trains is this true or do you need just like in any country watch your stuff while travelling? And does anyone has experience with travelling across borders? And for these destinations is it safer to travel by bus or by train in terms of traffic and accidents etc?

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    I think I will start my trip in Varna and then travel to Sofia-Skopje-Nis-Belgrade by bus/train but I see alot of reports of theft in the night trains is this true or do you need just like in any country watch your stuff while travelling? And does anyone has experience with travelling across borders? And for these destinations is it safer to travel by bus or by train in terms of traffic and accidents etc?
    Nah, there are classes, most nasty people would probably get the cheapest tickets so if you book for 1st class you'll be more than okay and actually the trains for major transits, such as Sofia-Varna should even be decent.

Again, the tracks are outdated and hence slow, but you can cough up a laughable sum like 10-15 Euro and be train VIP around here It's not like there are gangs that terrorise train passangers or anything.

Not many passanger train accidents I can recall so it's safe. Same goes for buses, I mean, drivers are idiots here like everywhere. Border control can be a bitch, as dax said, especially the Bulgarian-Serbian border, but again, nothing out of the ordinary. Eastern Europe might be a chaotic mess but it certainly isn't as bad as most of Western Europeans imagine.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

5. Thanks (1): Materazzi_23

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Nah, there are classes, most nasty people would probably get the cheapest tickets so if you book for 1st class you'll be more than okay and actually the trains for major transits, such as Sofia-Varna should even be decent.

Again, the tracks are outdated and hence slow, but you can cough up a laughable sum like 10-15 Euro and be train VIP around here It's not like there are gangs that terrorise train passangers or anything.

Not many passanger train accidents I can recall so it's safe. Same goes for buses, I mean, drivers are idiots here like everywhere. Border control can be a bitch, as dax said, especially the Bulgarian-Serbian border, but again, nothing out of the ordinary. Eastern Europe might be a chaotic mess but it certainly isn't as bad as most of Western Europeans imagine.
    Thank you Wobblz! For sums like that I probably can live like a king over there.

I probably travel by train from Varna-Sofia and Nis-Belgrade, from Sofia to Skopje I couldn't find any trainschedule so I will take the bus. Funny thing was to see that from Skopje to Nis, it takes 2 hours longer if you travel by train so I will take the bus then. I will go 12/13 days so i will have enough time to explore the cities. The only thing I fear a little is crossing the borders because of the corruption and it's a strange trip to travel from Bulgaria to Macedonia to Serbia by yourself. I want to go in April/May because the weather is pretty nice not to hot to explore the region.

If anyone has some recommendations for things to do/see in these cities please let me know!

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I forgot to ask the most important thing: How are the girls in Bulgaria, Macedonia and Serbia?