Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Travelling

Fav. Player
    Marco Materazzi

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Fuck Torino. Decent city actually, but just fuck them. It'd be worth a visit when they manage to deal with their black&white infestation problem.

Some short trip ideas:
    - Mantova/Mantua.
    - Cremona
    - Crema (heard it's a nice little town)
    - General Lago di Como area, though the weather will not be ideal. Some nice places to visit there like Varenna, Tremezzo and Bellaggio which are the most popular I think.

Lago di Garda has probably even nicer settlements (but probably not as good scenery) but it's further away, probably Torino is closer than the main attractions of this area (Limone, Sirmione etc)

If you're willing to take a train, cities like Bologna are worth a shout. Or Padova and Verona if you move towards the other side.

[Might also go to the Derby, still figuring out some work details to clear my schedule for the 22nd of October ]
    Thank you Brehme! I will have a look tonight at the places you mentioned, it looks good! Let me know if you wil visit the derby maybe we can grab a beer or two.

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    At the end of this september, I'd like to visit Greece for a week. I don't have a lot of money and I'd like to be close to a nice beach, so any suggestions?
    Just saw this.

Is the trip planned yet? Is it going to be Athens, an island or another mainland area? Or whatever combination you have in mind. The real question is, where is your 'base' going to be? Where base = which airport will you use for this or if you're travelling by car or boat, from which direction.
    Nice beach is too vague. Too many nice beaches throughout the stretch of the country.

Greece is "very easy" mode when it comes to travel plans. There's just so many things to see and like. Not that many shit places you may end up in, but there's always the issue with ending up in an island with the 'wrong' mood for you. Italy is also somewhere between "very easy" and "easy"

P.S: I also find that France is very underrated in terms of travelling around the country. So many nice places to visit, yet no one really seems to know any of them. Tuscany has a great brand name (rightfully so) but there are areas in France that can compare. Can't comment on Spain (or Portugal for that matter, just been to Lisbon) from the other 'big' Mediterranean countries. Croatia is definitely the most beautiful in a small package though.
    partido a partido

PAURA DI NESSUNO

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Just saw this.

Is the trip planned yet? Is it going to be Athens, an island or another mainland area? Or whatever combination you have in mind. The real question is, where is your 'base' going to be? Where base = which airport will you use for this or if you're travelling by car or boat, from which direction.
    Nice beach is too vague. Too many nice beaches throughout the stretch of the country.

Greece is "very easy" mode when it comes to travel plans. There's just so many things to see and like. Not that many shit places you may end up in, but there's always the issue with ending up in an island with the 'wrong' mood for you. Italy is also somewhere between "very easy" and "easy"

P.S: I also find that France is very underrated in terms of travelling around the country. So many nice places to visit, yet no one really seems to know any of them. Tuscany has a great brand name (rightfully so) but there are areas in France that can compare. Can't comment on Spain (or Portugal for that matter, just been to Lisbon) from the other 'big' Mediterranean countries. Croatia is definitely the most beautiful in a small package though.
    The plan is only that I go at the end of September. Airport most probably Thessaloniki, and then going to Perea, since it's very close. Good idea? The only way for me to get a low price.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    The plan is only that I go at the end of September. Airport most probably Thessaloniki, and then going to Perea, since it's very close. Good idea? The only way for me to get a low price.
    Perea you mean the summer resort near the airport?

If you want to drive, you can check three legged Chalkidike just below.

The saying is:
    - You go to the first leg if you're single.
    - You go to the second leg if you're a couple.
    - You go to the third leg when you're divorced. (it's a bunch of Monasteries, no women allowed to enter in most).

But seriously, if that interests you it's a great location. But if that's not an option and you're more into it for a scenic view. You could drive down to Volos. Make sure you do it during the day. From there, Pelion is one of the best places you can see in your life, with a beach right underneath the mountains. From Volos you can also check the Sporades islands. Skiathos is too popular with Greeks, but other options such as Skopelos and Alonissos are also great. Expect... tourist prices though.

Another option is to drive to Kavala, a city that should have been like Monaco, but welcome to Greece I guess... Could check the Pangaion (Amphipolis etc) as well while at it, if you're into archaeology etc.

Other interesting places to drive to are Kastoria, which doesn't have a sea but it has a great lake. Or further west to Ioannina and the so called Zagorohoria (Zagori villages), but that maybe is best reserved for an isolated trip and it has no beaches there.
    partido a partido

PAURA DI NESSUNO

5. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, firmino, MVD, wera, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Finally went through most of the pics from Canada so Iīll just post here a few more.

This is in Tofino, I went whale watching but they were shy thatīs the best I got, not even the classic tail flip, just a lot of exhaling in the surface.

I decided not to include pics from Vancouver because I took most of them with my phone, I went to see some museums and it was raining when I was outside most of the time and because my camera isnīt that great and isnīt weather sealed I donīt like to takes risks.

If anyone decides to go to Canada and visit some of the places Iīve been posting here I have a doc/map with the places I saw and distances between points in the trip that I can send you, Itīs not as if Iīm an expert or anything but Iīll try to help if I can.

7. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Wings