View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

10 6.62%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

38 25.17%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

80 52.98%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

6 3.97%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

5 3.31%
  • 5 - Completely average player

2 1.32%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.66%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.32%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

7 4.64%
Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2573

Thread: Geoffrey Kondogbia

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    just because he's big and black doesn't mean he's a DM. I assure you that's his least favorite role. He's a box2box dmf of that makes any sense. His ball winning is great, albeit clumsy, but gagi has better positioning.
    Why does being big and black make you think someones a DM?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

just because he's big and black doesn't mean he's a DM. I assure you that's his least favorite role. He's a box2box dmf of that makes any sense. His ball winning is great, albeit clumsy, but gagi has better positioning.
    DM and DMF stands for the same shit though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
    from 130kg to about 90 ... started in my gym with zero knowledge about anything, just listening to me, guy never gave up ...
    - Kids, start listen to Rasha

Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    What was up with his celebration btw, or lack of it? He was the same when he scored his first goal.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    What was up with his celebration btw, or lack of it? He was the same when he scored his first goal.
    Yeah, it felt like something Balotelli would pull out of his sleeve.
    from 130kg to about 90 ... started in my gym with zero knowledge about anything, just listening to me, guy never gave up ...

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    maybe he's pissed off after being shit on for 18 months? He'd be entitled to be, too. But if he keeps playing the way he has been, everyone's gonna love him

6. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    It looked like he wanted to run to the bench for some reason. Teammates tackled him though as they should have because they know how much the goal really meant to him and how much he's been through this season alone.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

My initial explanation was that he didn't quite get he actually scored
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

9. Thanks (1): bjwam4

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

what? albeit he is not a dm, he is the more defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, so calling him a dm wouldn't be outlandish
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    what? albeit he is not a dm, he is the more defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, so calling him a dm wouldn't be outlandish
    didn't say it was outlandish but implication is that he never ventures forward and is therefore unlikely to score which is not true. Like I said when he joined, at Monaco he was box2box cm, sometimes dm but never sole dm as there was always Fabinho or Toulalan alongside him. Not a fan of this guy but he's done quite well of late. But i hope we look at both sides of the coin when we review his season and not just say he deserves more time to adapt. We've seen once too often with Alvarez, Quaresma and Guarin, it's getting rather frustrating
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

12. Thanks (1): beebop

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    maybe he's pissed off after being shit on for 18 months? He'd be entitled to be, too. But if he keeps playing the way he has been, everyone's gonna love him
    I've criticized him a lot, but gotta say, he has been great recently. Love this cunt now.
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Has come a very long way since FdB, was MOM for me today, positioning and tackling, ever present in midfield and a goal. But he remains needlessly error prone. I cringe at the thought of him under considerable pressure from opposition players high up the pitch. Still has a poor touch , awareness and is too one footed (a no-no in center mid). These are essential traits he's unlikely to improve on, no matter how much confidence or game time he gets. Would trade him for Napoli midfielder Diawara who is more mature and calm on the ball and a precise passer. The kind of quality we need to compete in Europe. Hope he performs this way until the end of the season so we can sell him for at least as much as we bought him.
    Even though I really like Kondogbia, I have to agree with the bolded part. Every time he gets the ball I find myself praying he doesn't lose it in a dangerous position.

15. Thanks (2): firmino, M.Adnan

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Inter midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia admits it was a “humiliation” when Frank de Boer substituted him after 27 minutes.

The French midfielder started against Bologna in Week 6, but was hauled off after less than half an hour by the Dutch Coach, who was sacked after 14 games.

“Being substituted against Bologna after 27 minutes was a bit of a humiliation,” Kondogbia admitted in an interview with BeIn Sport France.

“But above all I didn’t like De Boer’s words after the game. Something had broken between us. I think it was a lesson for me.

“If he’d stayed I might have left. When [Stefano] Pioli arrived he told me it was inconceivable that a player like me could end up in a situation like this.

“He gave me a bit of trust and it paid off, it’s gone much better.”

Source: FootballItalia
    1. Kondogbia was crap in that match;
    2. Subbing him off before the break looked ballsy from the outside, but exposed him way too much and may have cost Frank the players' trust.

17. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Venezuela

Good interview in BeIN Sport France:

These are his word during the event ‘Football Show’: “There were more teams interested in me, Inter and AC Milan were in the group that were. I chose Inter because Roberto Mancini called which made the difference. With him there was an exchange of ideas, which did not happen with other clubs. I got on well with him right away, I think today it has made a difference. I’m more comfortable in Pioli’s system, it is true; but I think it was more a question of mentality and confidence. We know that in football there are formations and all these things, but in the end the important thing is that things are better on the field.”

He then opened up about his torrid time under Frank de Boer: “It was very hard then. I spoke with Frank de Boer, told him that I did not agree but the decisions belonged to him. I already knew by then that the only way I could recover the place was by working, and that’s what I did. I did not say a word, I have not contradicted anyone, I just worked. If De Boer had continued to Inter, though, I might have found it difficult to continue. Something between us had broken, as with other players such as Marcelo Brozović. Pioli has improved the situation not only mine, but also that of other players; He is talking about me because I was exposed by the media, but also my other companions were in this situation. He has restored confidence to the entire team. Candreva was already with us before Pioli came in, so the situation was difficult even for him, as for almost the entire team. Pioli came with so much humility, today the results are all on his side. And now there is also Roberto Gagliardini, an outstanding player who has been summoned to the national team".

The French National Team was the next topic discussed after Kondogbia was snubbed for the upcoming games: “All the French players goal must be to make the national team, and I have the ambition to always try to be in the selection. You have to work hard every day, but you have to first think and especially playing in their club, which is the most important thing. Then you have to put together some good performances. Deschamps is a coach who regularly watches all players within Les Bleus, I must think of my work and have good performances to be on the list in the future".
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    He said for Sky cameras that he still believes we can in to CL...

this guys are friends apparently and they came to support Kondo's event where he presented his new Internet site and some charity project of his in Central African republic
    Last edited by JJM; 04 Apr 17 at 22:04.

20. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Ronin, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Talk of tottenham liverpool and chelsea offering £36 million for him. I think if we had the chance to make a profit on him, take it for sure and then go for Verratti. over 40million euro would be crazy. he has shown good form lately but still i think id sell at that price

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Doubt a midfield of Veratti/Gagliardini would work at all, far to light in the midfield and he appears to be a solid DM which is looking to be a rare thing in this day and age
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    Juve is winning the treble or I will post a picture of my small flaccid dick.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    Kondogbia: 'I want to stay at Inter. OM interest? They are false rumors....'

After winning back a starting spot in Inter's formation, Geoffrey Kondogbia spoke about his future in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport and Canal Plus, here is what he had to say on the matter: " Will I be going back to the Ligue 1? For now no, it isn't one of my priorities. I am an Inter player and I want to stay here. OM ? There are a lot of false rumors out there, I have never been contacted by a Ligue 1 side. Like I have already said, at the moment I am not interested in returning to the French league. Monaco? They are a great squad and I still have a lot of friends there".

"Pogba? " We are good friends but we are very different as we have two different types of personalities. He is one of the best midfielders out there. My big money move to Inter? I think that the agents will always try to drive up the prices, that's part of the game. National team? It remains one of my objectives and I really wanted to be part of the Euro 2016 team but that's why I want to keep working hard. I have to do well at Inter to gain visibility".

Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Doubt a midfield of Veratti/Gagliardini would work at all, far to light in the midfield and he appears to be a solid DM which is looking to be a rare thing in this day and age
    The issue with Verratti is not lightweightness (in that unlikely scenario). He's not afraid to go into tackles. It's his positional sense and the timing of his tackles that would be the bigger worry. He's often too rash about it.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

As long as we're turning down Verratti, we should also reject Neymar. He doesn't work hard enough on defence. No thanks.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

26. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    As long as we're turning down Verratti, we should also reject Neymar. He doesn't work hard enough on defence. No thanks.
    While we are at it, turn down Sanchez too he aint from argentina

28. Thanks (1): Fapuccino