Thread: Nasheed music

Fav. Player
    Treble squad

PNG

Nasheed music

Nasheed is my favorite genre of music. It is based on Islam music, my favorite artiste are Maher zain and saif adam, love their songs so much. Anyone who listens to nasheed songs?

Fav. Player
    Treble squad

PNG

Hello anyone?

3. Thanks (1): Karamja

Fav. Player
    MI9
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

what a useless fucking shit thread.

5. Thanks (1): Kenny

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    I had no glue about what it was until I searched for it on youtube and found this piece of 'music'.

Manusnovic, this kind of music seems weird to me. Especially the drop.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Nasheed is an islamic type of song that doesnt use real music (instrumental accompaniment), they use their own voices to make a music, similar to the Accapella. An example of it is what you can hear in the first minutes from the video Jrgnsn posted. I've never liked this type of music at all.

Islamic singers like Maher Zain, Sami Yusuf, etc never used this type of music, they use real modern music to make songs about Islam and all that. If you are curious just search for Maher Zain's songs on youtube you might like his songs even without knowing the meaning of the lyrics.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Treble squad

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by hansolo View Post
    Even if you say this thread is useless. I swear, to me,this thread is very useful than you .

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by hansolo View Post
    wtf man?

i did not know the name, but I've stumbled on these vocal chants here and there. I'm not religious, and I don't really care if it's about islam or buddhism... don't understand the language, but I can appreciate the art of it. music is music. just like you've got church choirs or national hymns. the sonic experience appeals to me. it's calming, well done and an artifact of culture.

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    I don't think he's talking about the chants but the uselessness of the thread along with its creator's tendencies which I somewhat agree with. It's not a topic we couldn't discuss in the other music thread since I doubt many, even Muslims, are interested in posting these chants on regular basis. Take my posts about Comic books in the Manga thread or Fifi's anime discussions there as an example. I suppose having the thread wouldn't hurt either.

On a personal note, I detest the new hymns because of the way they're publicized by some of the religiously obsessed as a virtuous replacement to music. Let me be clear, I've heard some great chants (Ibtihalat) in the past by educated people like Abdul Basit & Sayed Naqshbandi from Egypt whom my father used to enjoy listening to. Even as a form of cultural expression no one can deny it. My problem is that in the Gulf region lately, they've been delivered in a commercial package while bearing blatant messages that drive me to turn off the TV. To me, the old generation had a more spontaneous way of delivering their messages.

Now, excuse me while I listen to Dean Martin while sleeping.

11. Thanks (3): Doffy, slow motion, wera