Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time to the Meazza

Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

England

First time to the Meazza

Hi everyone,

I will be heading over to Milano for the Derby on September 13th, will be getting my tickets very shortly but wanted some opinion.

Firstly, where is the best to sit? Obviously the CN is best for atmosphere, but I kind of want to see the tifo as well if that makes sense. I don't really have a budget, but the better value for money on tickets the more I can spend at Solo Inter

Also, can anyone recommend any hotels? Places to eat in Milano? Ways to get around the city? I'll be staying for three nights so any help on that front would be much appreciated.

Thanks again and after tonight I can't wait!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Huddersfield Town + Hamburg + Internazionale

2. Thanks (3): Azi13, Devious, Karamja

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Curva Nord is the cheapest seat in the stadium. But there's not official seat whatsoever. You just gotta brave yourself and stand among them.

4. Thanks (2): Devious, Karamja

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

They've got good hash up there those hooligans. They were kind to offer and i obliged. And so should you. Sit in the curva.

6. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Devious, Dylan

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

Gotta be the Curva Nord, twice I've been in there and twice I was in another part, I regret the twice I wasn't. Best atmosphere and you'll leave wanting to move to Italy and become an Ultra, I know I did!

8. Thanks (3): Devious, Karamja, Lui

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If u wanna watch the game get good seats away from ultras
    Ziyad Of Boston

10. Thanks (1): Devious

Croatia

Go to Curva Nord and sing with the ultras the whole match. Don't be a pussy. And clap your hands until they fall off.

12. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

But Curva Nord does nothing like that. It's obvious that Balkan fans are far better supporters on stadiums than Italian ones. They just yell and whistle most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

England

As much as I would love to go in the Curva Nord and believe me I will next time, I have female company who I'm not sure would appreciate being stood all game and deafened!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

15. Thanks (3): Devious, Karamja, wera

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    But Curva Nord does nothing like that. It's obvious that Balkan fans are far better supporters on stadiums than Italian ones. They just yell and whistle most of the time.
    That is not true, as someone who has been in the Curva Nord twice I know first hand. There is so much organisation, there are guys with megaphones who spend all game facing the fans leading the chants. They communicate with each other as to the next chant. The whole 90 mins is spent chanting, clapping and jumping. Sure there are whistles, boo's and cheers thrown in there when something happens on the pitch. Also very rarely is the same chant repeated throughout the whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InteristiTerrier View Post
    As much as I would love to go in the Curva Nord and believe me I will next time, I have female company who I'm not sure would appreciate being stood all game and deafened!
    Go the Curva Nord and stand over near the sides, not as bad as in the middle but still an experience. The whole stadium is going to be loud for the derby dude.

17. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

Montenegro

I was on Curva 2 times, but the first one vs Chelsea on 3rd section and it's shit. Players are like ants.

So, go to the east or west, and enjoy the game.

Enjoy.

Fuck, i hate this word now.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Oh please, I've might've been there when there weren't a lot of fans on the stadium, but we are so far from Balkan or germans fans it's not even funny.

Also, our Curve Nord only really come correct against Juve or Milan. Otherwise, cold turkey.

Oh well, I guess we have different experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

20. Thanks (1): jamsieboy86

Fav. Player
    Icardi, JoJo

England

I think I will go east or west on the second tier. Looks like the ticket price will be about 45 euros which is reasonable for great tickets.

22. Thanks (1): Karamja

Croatia

I've been in CN three times in big matches and always tried to be an active supporter. I would be ashamed otherwise. Also, it's one of the best feelings in the world. And the ultras were organized and there was always someone who would give the incentive to sing and support Inter.

But yeah, it's probably different in smaller matches, unfortunately.

24. Thanks (2): Karamja, wera

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

Depends if you want to see the choreography or be in it. In the curva you will need to stand at the sides and might miss stuff as they continually wave the massive flags. Bottom tiers are more expensive but views are good. I would go middle down the sides, that way you'll be able to see both curvas. As its so early in the season, the atmosphere will be brilliant no matter where you go.
    As for in the city itself, look on Expedia, late rooms, trip advisor etc and look for hotels near a metro station. You can get a multi day metro ticket for about 10 euro and then go anywhere in the city. As for meals, don't eat anywhere you see menu turistico, as you'll just eat very substandard fair. Anywhere else and you'll eat like a king. Zanetti has a restaurant, but I think its difficult to get in! If you need any more Milan tips, just ask!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"

26. Thanks (5): Big Willy, Devious, Karamja, wera, zodd

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Why it's difficult to get in? Some dress code or something?
    Sudaca Power.

28. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

No dress code as such, although it is a fine dining restaurant. Its more about getting a table, you need to book well on advance. Its full of boots from il Capitano's own collection, which is pretty cool. Worth going if you can book a table.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

30. Thanks (2): Big Willy, Devious

South Africa

This webpage answers all the questions you've asked:

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014...l-guide-inter/

32. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    This webpage answers all the questions you've asked:

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014...l-guide-inter/
    That's a little bit out of date, but still fairly accurate. There's now a metro stop right outside the ground (San siro funnily enough!). Also, if you're here for three nights it would be worth a trip to Expo 2015. A night ticket is only euro 5 and can be bought direct from the website www.expo2015.org if you eat at the game, do as the locals do and have a salamella (spicy sausage) outside the ground, inside is a ripoff. Last year they produced their first ever programme for the Derby, so they might do so again this year

34. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Club1908 View Post
    That's a little bit out of date, but still fairly accurate. There's now a metro stop right outside the ground (San siro funnily enough!). Also, if you're here for three nights it would be worth a trip to Expo 2015. A night ticket is only euro 5 and can be bought direct from the website www.expo2015.org if you eat at the game, do as the locals do and have a salamella (spicy sausage) outside the ground, inside is a ripoff. Last year they produced their first ever programme for the Derby, so they might do so again this year
    Wait what.....

Please tell me we have produced match programmes before then

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Wait what.....

Please tell me we have produced match programmes before then