• PSG

3 16.67%
  • Bayern

15 83.33%
Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263270271272273274 LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5466

Thread: Ivan Perišić

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cuba gooding View Post
    Young was not available, so its not like Conte chose him. we dont have any other options for lwb
    Young was not available, oh the fucking misery
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

2. Thanks (2): Demenza Senile, Universe

Federated States of Micronesia

Quote Originally Posted by cuba gooding View Post
    Young was not available, so its not like Conte chose him. we dont have any other options for lwb.
    We bought Lord Darmian for this purpose.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

United States

I just don’t get why he’s so bad offensively in this role. I get that he’s not a wingback, but there are plenty of opportunities for him to run at a fullback the exact same way he would as a winger. Yet he seems to freeze up and is afraid of taking people on. Then he just turns and passes back to the CB.

I get that his role at Bayern last year was basically just to play simple and let Gnabry, Mueller and Lewandowski run wild. However he at least didn’t ruin attacking moves. I don’t get why he can’t even just play simple and quick here, it’s like when he puts on the Inter jersey he loses his technical skills and his brain.

5. Thanks (5): Eddie, Harpsabu, Howl, magnesium, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    When you are a winger and you have the safety of the full back, you can afford to take risks. Perisic isn't as quick as he once was and he also is wary that if he loses the ball, he has to chase the other team back to his own goal.

There was a moment yesterday where he was looking for a pass and there was no one around so he started moving towards our end, it was quite funny really.

It really isn't the same thing, even if he gets the ball at the same spot sometimes.
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

7. Thanks (3): Batman, CafeCordoba, Howl

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

He was completely toothless in attack and whenever the ball came to him yesterday. Literally anybody else could have done a better job than him.

We really should have strengthened the LWB spot because we're going to suffer there. The difference between the left wing and where Hakimi was operating on the right was night and day.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    When you are a winger and you have the safety of the full back, you can afford to take risks. Perisic isn't as quick as he once was and he also is wary that if he loses the ball, he has to chase the other team back to his own goal.

There was a moment yesterday where he was looking for a pass and there was no one around so he started moving towards our end, it was quite funny really.

It really isn't the same thing, even if he gets the ball at the same spot sometimes.
    Trust me I did think about that, however if you don’t feel comfortable then there are other options then holding up the ball stopping the attacking move then passing backwards. Make your move and whip a ball back post with your right foot. Play into the front two and run in behind. No speed of play no speed of thought, that’s the main difference between Hakimi’s side and his. It’s not just Hakimi’s pace. I understand the hesitancy of losing the ball and creating a 1 on 1 for Kolarov to deal with while he is high up the pitch. However you also have to give Calabria something to worry about.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    perisic is a possession winger. Tactical dribbler. By nature, they take less risks because the goal is maintaining possession and not losing the ball. Being patient in trying to open up the defense.

The WBs in Conte's 3-5-2 need to be direct players. Take more risks and consistently try to get behind the defense. Make decisions very quickly, give the ball up and be ready to make a play behind the defense.

It's just a mismatch of skillsets. But is also useful in some scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

As long as we keep playing like shit, as a team, this guy will not be the one stepping up, which is maddening since you'd expect it from a treble winner and a leader on a runner's up World Cup team.

He hates it here, whenever he looks in the mirror he thinks "Inter" instead of that "ugly face". Thanks, Wanda.

14. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    perisic is a possession winger. Tactical dribbler. By nature, they take less risks because the goal is maintaining possession and not losing the ball. Being patient in trying to open up the defense.
    I have to say I never looked at Perisic like that, mostly because he’s constantly losing the ball on the wing, or more so actually constantly getting tackled and the ball would go out to the touch line for a throw in.

In many ways, gaining a throw in still really counts as the possession belonging to our side, so that perspective is still valid.

I have always thought it was more of his technical ineptness than anything strategic under the hood, but it all makes sense now.

Perisic getting tackled is simply his strategic method in retaining possession.

Hopefully Pep would make note of this and have an incoming bid for us next window.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I know you are joking, but the method of getting tackled in a way that results a throw in, not a loss of possession of the ball is a conscious way of playing those situations too. Just like what n4l explained. Doesn't take risks in the sense that he might simply lose the ball 100-0, but forces the opponent to tackle/clear the ball out of the pitch.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Exactly what I said.
    Dr. Marotta

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    My problem with Perisic's performance against Milan was his attacking. There were numerous occasions when he was in a good and threatening position but elected to inexplicably hold on the the ball for an extra moment before making a pass to a team mate by which time the impetus for the attack had broken down and Milan had regrouped. I am essentially talking about moments or split second decision making where there is a chance to make something and then the door is slammed shut. It happened too many times and was the difference between having the initiative, being on the front foot and quick attacking play to slowing the game down and missing well earned attacking opportunities.
    Last edited by Puma; 18 Oct 20 at 23:59.

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Here I explain why Perisic is Perishit at Inter.

In Bayern, they had more positional wise attacker in Lewandowski and Muller, which is Perisic like to.

Icardi as example positional player, Lewandowski and Muller above Icardi in terms this skill.

Which Inter player had positioning like Lewandowski and Muller ? None. Close one ? Maybe Lautaro and Sanchez.

The other problem is Perisic need other player cover him from behind, aka Davies. Davies will make space for Perisic to give nice cross.

Perisic is slower than other wingers, but in terms crossing, heading, and positioning, he is better.

Last edited by magnesium; 21 Oct 20 at 10:54.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

21. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    I am getting very concerned and frustrated by this lad. Is he in retirement mode already after winning the treble with Bayern?

Honestly for the first time I felt more at ease when Kolarov was pushed up to LWB. That says a lot.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

23. Thanks (3): eduzee, magnesium, thatdude

Italy

Will find himself as 4th choice wingback soon enough.

25. Thanks (1): thatdude

Macedonia

He still ist a quality player simply not suited at all for the position He plays in

27. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kova10 View Post
    He still ist a quality player simply not suited at all for the position He plays in
    So Eriksen is played out of position. Kolarov is out of position. Now Perisic is also out of position.

Time to deploy Conte on the field so he can show us how to work out his 3-5-2
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

29. Thanks (3): eduzee, magnesium, _OC_

Macedonia

Simply terrible.

31. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Talent isn’t enough. He just doesn’t fit the wingback position, it’s like there is a mental block when he plays there. Like someone else said the wingback role is more fullback then winger. Even an average fullback like Darmian looked miles better

33. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He talked about his role in the interview, saying it's not easy to adapt a new role at the age of 31. Yes, we can see that. Not a dig at Perisic, that's just how it clearly is.

35. Thanks (3): M.Adnan, thatdude, Universe