Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219226227228229
Results 4,561 to 4,571 of 4571

Thread: Ivan Perišić

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Wolverhampton would challenge Napoli for second place and Leicester would kick Inter out of the CL spot. At least considering how they played in the last 2 years.

Fuck Serie A. Their underperformance in Europe year after year shows how inferior they/we are.
    But we had the same points and went out on goal difference to Tottenham? Yet Leicester would knock us out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

2. Thanks (3): firmino, MVD, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter7 View Post
    But we had the same points and went out on goal difference to Tottenham? Yet Leicester would knock us out?
    Add Napoli who are inferior to Wolves, versus the CL holders and almost PL winners Liverpool.

This season has been the epitome of PL fanboys. There are three schools of thought (very low level kind of schools ) They think this season has either 1) vindicated their opinions of PL supremacy, 2) has just highlighted that this was always the case but the results didn't show and 3) the most sensible out of these crazy lot, that this is the turning point of a period where this will become a constant in European football.

Reality so far says that this was a flukey outlier. They are not superior to Spanish teams. Barcelona fell asleep at the Anfield, sure, but Real Madrid was knocked out by Ajax and Atletico was knocked out by Juventus. And Juventus was knocked out by Ajax who in their turn were unjustly knocked out at the final second by Tottenham who only had to face an out of form Dortmund and a domestic opponent.
    Other than Liverpool advancing to the semis and Man City to the quarters, everything else was a fluke. Man Utd beating PSG with a stupid VAR call on aggreggate.

No one cares about the draws and how they affect these progressions. Make Liverpool play vs Juventus or Ajax in the quarters and they may very well stop there. Liverpool made the final last season without having to care about much other than a domestic opponent and they had refs helping them vs both City and mostly vs Roma who deserved to be in the final despite not being a great team. Even more so than Tottenham did this season, who at least for neutrals have provided the last minute excitement.

So yeah, long live PL until they fuck up again. Only Liverpool seems like a constant because they have the historic 'jersey' to drag them along whilst they have the personalities in the club (Klopp and the core of the team) to be able to put it on without disgracing it. We've run out of excuses for the constant failures such as: PL teams play more games, boohoo.. this is why by the time the 6 group games are done at Christmas the Spanish and Italian leagues have 2 more games than their PL counterparts despite having a later start Or how "they find the PL a better competition to focus on", which has been my favorite throughout the decade. We also find finishing 7th in the Serie A more fascinating than going to the Europa League or potentially finishing 4th in the CL, that's why we never cared about Europe

English supremacy, such a colonial byproduct. And a fitting one as it's mostly foreign PL fanboys that have it. Usually from the Commonwealth countries, such as the one I grew up in. I've been hearing discussions about how the PL is the best league since the mid 90s when they were ranked 5th in Europe, I've heard all possible arguments in favor or how league X is inferior to the PL because of Y, which a cycle of events will then make PL is great because of Y. The highest moment of the PL was during the 2006-2009 period and still then they weren't the strongest league. They just had Man Utd being very strong as well as some other strong teams. Their bottom of the league was god awful and the only reason why they were the top performers in Europe was that Real Madrid was too busy shopping from them instead of going for stars with guys like Gravesen and Heinze coming to mind, Barcelona was in an adjustment period, Bayern was rebuilding their team losing the league to Stuttgart and Werder, whilst Serie A was suffering a blow as a whole due to the Calciopoli and the only team that strengthened during that period was us. And we had Mancini who was just average. That's the might of the PL. And they got the results this season. Well done, history will be very kind to them, but that's about it. It's an outlier and that's how it will be treated from next season and on. But not for these guys

For 25 years or so I've been listening to these people go on about how PL is the best and it's Heads I win, Tails you lose. Wera is just happily one of them. Probably fully aware of it too because he's no doofus
    The problem is that their media presence and the language barrier of other leagues has affected a lot of newcomers to the sport (USA and Asia) so they have this tendency to treat the PL as some sort of NBA version of football whilst they just follow the CL for Barcelona and Real Madrid. And that's about it....
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Read the chatbox. All I have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

Just because a post is lengthy, it doesn't mean that you pissed me off. In fact I enjoy doing this. If you'd pissed me off I'd just tell you to fuck off or I would simply ignore you. I just like spilling some truth to counter your trolling efforts

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Rumour says there is an 45M offer from China (shanghai, the team bought guarin), inter accepted.
    If is flying overnight Chinese inter forum. Unsure if it is true.
    It seems it's true to some extent. According to Gazzetta, Shanghai Shenhua have made a 25m offer to Inter and 12m net per season for a 3-year contract to Perisic.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

25 is definitely not enough. i'd rather keep him, he suits perfectly conte's schemes.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Ajax who in their turn were unjustly knocked out at the final second by Tottenham who only had to face an out of form Dortmund and a domestic opponent.

Roma who deserved to be in the final despite not being a great team. Even more so than Tottenham did this season, who at least for neutrals have provided the last minute excitement.
    What is this rubbish about "unjustly" knocked out or "deserved" to be in the final? Would you honestly be writing either of those things if they didn't involve English teams benefitting from them?

For Tottenham to have "unjustly" gotten past Ajax would be to indicate that they did something, or benefitted from something, that could be considered unsporting, if not outright illegal. What was that, by chance? Because I can't think of anything. They were down three goals in Amsterdam in the second half and pulled back a miraculous win out of it. Or is it because they advanced on away goals? Not that it's their fault those are the rules either.

As for Roma, gee whiz, I dunno, try not giving up five goals at Anfield in the first leg next time. I understand there were some dodgy decisions in the second leg that may, or may not, have made a difference in the end, but they also didn't look they belonged on the same field as Liverpool for the first 80 minutes of that tie, and the aggregate backed that up.

For someone who really hates the Premier League and English football in general, you spend an awful lot of time writing about it (and, by extension, a good amount of time thinking about it, obviously) and trying to tell us how much it sucks, how much you hate it, and, by implication, how much better you are because you see through the charade while many of the rest of us are too blind to see it. Whether you're right about it or not, it comes off as unbelievable arrogance in any case.

11. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Greece

Tottenham benefited from some calls during their CL run, yes. And they were the inferior side against Ajax, who should have won by at least 2 in London. Surely Tottenham was aggressive in Amsterdam, but they didn't really deserve their win. It was definitely a nice spectacle and sentiment of Spurs fans and neutrals to witness, but that does not make it a fair result. If you deserve to win, that means that the other team deserves to lose, no? Cannot really say that Ajax deserved to lose here. And yes, away goals rule is amongst the shittiest things ever invented in football and it's unjust. If you wanna talk about calls then yes, Tottenham was given more than a fair share of bad and weird calls go in their favour during the game. The irritating "little" calls that the average fan rarely pays attention to but players in particular get annoyed as hell and lose their focus when they happen. And it has a snowball effect usually. Which is why this is Juventus' favorite strategy using their refs in the past 10 years. Usually goes completely unnoticed and everyone credits the winner as some sort of supreme victor.

As for Roma, well Roma was robbed. Plain and simple. Don't care if Liverpool scored 5 on them. Liverpool wasn't robbed against Barcelona this season and they managed to overturn the result. Give Roma the chance to compete fairly and no one says that Liverpool's triumph is tainted. That second half ref decisions completely ruined the game. Two clear PKs for Roma that would also get the Liverpool players red carded, Arnold and Karius respectively. Surely, if one was given the next situation would probably not follow as the game would have been altered, but that's the thing. The game was altered by referee (non) interference, incompetence and/or bias.

It has nothing to do with English teams or whatever. Real Madrid did not deserve to win some of those Champions Leagues either. Especially the 2014 final. They shouldn't have made it to the final at least once during their 3 win streak. Chelsea also did not deserve to win the CL final. Does it matter they are an English team? Not really, it's just stating the obvious. Man Utd in 1999 also didn't deserve to win the final. Completely outmatched and lucky as fuck. Let alone going through against us with those shitty refereeing calls that took away our chances to advance in the semis.
    Want more unfair/unjust results? Greece beating the Czechs in the Euro 2004 semi finals. Completely unfair based on the 90 minutes. Completely deserved win for Greece during Extra Time though. But Greece had no business being in ET in the first place.

Unjust does not have to be unsporting all the time. It mostly has to do with what would be right, more fair. Not in the legal sense always, we're talking about football here not a court decision. A fluke win can be labelled as unjust for example. It's still a win and the winner will take it.
    As for Roma deserving to qualify, that's what's right once more. When your opponent is being gifted decisions left and right that take away from you, they do not deserve jack shit. Doesn't matter if it's 5-0 or 0-0. If you have to obtain freebies from the referees to protect your scoreline, you do not deserve to win. And as a result, the other guy deserves it for attempting to overcome a 12th and 13th man.

Same way, Parma did not deserve to win against us at the Meazza. Sassuolo did not deserve to win against us in the league opener. And many more examples.

P.S: I don't hate the PL, I just think of it as bad comedy.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    25 is definitely not enough. i'd rather keep him, he suits perfectly conte's schemes.
    This is literally said every summer when it comes to Perisic, with literally every coach we have had since he's gotten here.

No, he does not fit into Conte's schemes, perfectly. Conte's schemes rely on consistent players and it will be dragged down by Perisic, just like Spalletti's was. If Keita had been given as many minutes as Perisic he easily would have scored more goals than Perisic. There are many wingers better than Keita. We should get one of those.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    honestly, we should take what we can get for him tbh. given his age and performances, 25-30 is not unreasonable.

15. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Wings

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Tottenham in the second half played one of the best comebacks i ever seen, they absolutely deserved to win that game. They kinda went frantic after the second goal but got back on track 10 mins later. That was an Inter-esque bomeback to me.

17. Thanks (1): MVD