Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: South American World Cup Qualifiers

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-playing-draw/

Radamel Falcao and Peru midfielder admit discussing playing for a draw during World Cup qualifier

In the last five minutes, the Colombians approached us. They knew what the situation was in the other games," Tapia told Panamericana TV.

"So we managed the game as we needed to... I spoke with Radamel, who told me we were both qualified (as things stood), but it's football and we play to win."
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

People are mad that Ospina touched the ball on a indirect kick leading to Peru’s goal. Was it stupid. Fk yea. It also eliminated Chile. But no team is required to win to qualify another.

People are mad at Mexico for not Beating Honduras.

Most teams just use new players after qualifying or being eliminated. I thought colombia would have qualified by beating Venezuela and used the last 2 games to test new guys out. Was wrong. Only team who took the whole 18 games seriously was Brazil. They are on a mission to rape Germany in 2018.
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

a few thoughts by sampaoli about chilean players. apparently, we dodged a bullet on vidal:

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news...exi-sanc-45311

notice how sampaoli said those things "in private" 2 years ago. smart guy, tells stuff "in private" to journalists.
    Last edited by firmino; 13 Oct 17 at 15:49.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    a few thoughts by sampaoli about chilean players. apparently, we dodget a bullet on vidal:

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news...exi-sanc-45311

notice how samapoli said those things "in private" 2 years ago. smart guy, tells stuff "in private" to journalists.
    Saying in private happens all the time, "off the record". That's why Mourinho was pissed off when he made comments on Eto'o age and it made the papers because that was off the record joke/comment.

Usually Journalists won't print those as they want to maintain good relationship with coaches to have one to one interviews or some leaked info from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I was with a football agent who lurks in the South American region a lot and we were discussing football talents that he's transferred and a few others. At some point, as we were discussing Conmebol issues, he mentioned about Chilean players that their main issue is that they are heavy drinkers and generally tend to have a drinking problem, which made them very risky transfers despite their talent, especially moving to the other side of the world. At first I thought it was due to bias, as he's very pro-Argentina and probably had a couple of bad experiences with Chileans, but I see that he may have a point.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 13 Oct 17 at 09:43.

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    You can do great in your early 20’s while basically being an alcoholic or drug addict (depending on the drug of course). But those chickens always come to roost in your late 20s and early 30s. Obviously Brazilians are the best example of this.

Vidal seems to still have maintained a good level though, although he’s definitely nowhere near his Juve form. I guess the rumors of them letting him go due to off the field issues may have been true.

9. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Kev9, monster09, MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    You can do great in your early 20’s while basically being an alcoholic or drug addict (depending on the drug of course). But those chickens always come to roost in your late 20s and early 30s. Obviously Brazilians are the best example of this.

Vidal seems to still have maintained a good level though, although he’s definitely nowhere near his Juve form. I guess the rumors of them letting him go due to off the field issues may have been true.
    Yeah there is clear decline in Vidal's game, especially physical part.

Taking care of physical fitness is very important, shame so many don't care full care of themselves. Rooney is also one more good example, he is just 31 but from last 2-3 years he is on massive decline and plays like a player in mid 30s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

11. Thanks (1): MVD