Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Torino - Inter (8 Nov 15) [0-1]

Torino - Inter (8 Nov 15) [0-1]

VS

8 November 2015
    Stadio Olimipico di Torino
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Break a leg, Besnik

Melo is back for this fixture

I wana see a Kdog-Melo-Medel mid with Ljajic-Jovetic-Perisic upfront.

Though Im 89% sure Mancini will start Icardi to avoid a political conflict. I just hope he does what's better for the team regardless of who gets pissed.

Shit doesnt happen

Fav. Player
    J.R. Cruz

Netherlands

No Guarin, right?
    JULIO RICARDO CRUZ - TUTTI I GOL CONTRO LA RUBENTUS

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Bro - Melo - Kdog midfield.

We might not win this time. Torino is very solid team at home, i think they havent lost yet.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Fat Ronaldo

Panama

Really hard decision for Mancio... to sit or not to sit Icardi?? That will be the trending topic this week

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

No Guarin what is Mancini going to do w/o him, the most important player in the squad.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Maurito Icardi

Belgium

This game is the real test
    Let's play a game, i'm Icardi, you're Maxi Lopez

Fav. Player
    Wanda

United States

Our remaining games of 2015 are:
    11/8 Torino (away)
    11/22 Frosinone (home)
    11/30 Napoli (away)
    12/5 Genoa (home)
    12/12 Udinese (away)
    12/16 [Italian Cup] Sassuolo/Cagliari (home)
    12/20 Lazio (home)

If we don't collapse here and make it safely to the winter break, securing wins against at least Torino, Frosinone, Genoa, and Udinese, and grabbing points against Napoli and Lazio (which I think we can now, because our defense is solid; maybe a tie against Napoli and a tie/win against Lazio), we'll have a better time in the second half of the season.

If we're top 3 by then, we can expect to reach Champions League, or even win the Scudetto.

This Inter team maybe isn't the most entertaining team to watch, but it is damn effective. FORZA INTER!!!
    인테르가 이 나라의 중심을 지키고 있어요!

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    This would be a good game to try Ljajic - Icardi - Jovetic. Perisic has played a lot and could probably use a rest.

Or if Mancini is feeling bold we could go Icardi in front of Ljajic - Jovetic - Biabiany.

11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Tomasso Berni

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    One of the reasons we are so good defensively is Perisic dropping back in full back positions, helping out.
    I say we can't afford not atarting him unless he is not fully fit.

Icardi must earn his place, he is not above others, if you don't get enough balls, then fucking drop back like Jojo or Palacio does, not cry in the media that you don't get enough service. That is indirectly criticising your coaches tactics, and Mancini doesn't take this shit from anyone.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Except there is no tactic by mancini
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

14. Thanks (1): Rasha

Fav. Player
    Tomasso Berni

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    Yup, against Roma it was pure luck. Noooo tactics whatsoeverrrr.

16. Thanks (3): Caecuban, Rain, TGDella

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I honestly don't get wtf is so special about beating Roma. This team was getting creamed 3-0 in the first half by some Belarussian team, and conceded 4 goals vs. Leverkusen. We also beat them last time around.

People don't see how shit the top teams in Serie A are right now, and feel like this is some accomplishment and only 11 games in. If our board and manager had a brain, CL would be guaranteed every season with the money we spend and Serie A hitting rock bottom.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

18. Thanks (6): dejavu, Joker, Pajo, Pimpin, Rasha, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

It is not luck but it is not a superior tactic that beats Roma.

And so far Roma had beaten a lower end clubs like Palermo, Empoli, Carpi, Frosinone, Udinese.. the only good achievement so far is probably beating Fiorentina.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    One of the reasons we are so good defensively is Perisic dropping back in full back positions, helping out.

Icardi must earn his place, he is not above others, if you don't get enough balls, then fucking drop back like Jojo or Palacio does, not cry in the media that you don't get enough service. That is indirectly criticising your coaches tactics, and Mancini doesn't take this shit from anyone.
    Cant agree more with you especially regarding Perisic. I love his workrate at this time being, he always track back to help the defense, and for attacking play, I believe we are just need to give him more time to settle.

Regarding Icardi, I remember few weeks ago when we were about to face Juve, he said on the interview to "never say never to join Juve in the future", it just not a captain material when he spoke on the interview like that especially to go to rival club like Juve.
    But other than that, I'm not against his play, even though I agree he needs to track back more and be more involved in the attacking play, not just waiting and waiting until someone feeding him all the time.

With him on the bench against Roma this morning, it just not only show if Mancini not impressed with his interview, but it also showing that Icardi is not indispensable, he has to fight for his place as well.

icardi need to understand this, not just because he is the captain, so he can do everything that he wants. He has to fight for his place in the squad.

21. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Yesterday I got calls from people I barely know to congrate me on the win (people from work) bitching about Salah not lucky to score and stuff but in the same time praising Inter's defence and performance.

Salah is getting people around here to recognize Serie A more than before, Inter is getting international and shit.

And yes I barely know these people, cause I dont know anyone

- - - Updated - - -

I havnt see it from this prespective, spot on.

Although it'd be abit unfair since he wouldnt really offer much has he dropped back ala Ljajic and Jovetic, he is shit on the ball compared to them both.

Shit doesnt happen

23. Thanks (5): morrisama, MVD, Rain, Rasha, Vincenzi

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Torino haven't won in 5 games. They've struggled a lot more defensively since losing Maksimovic and Avelar . They're difficult to beat at home though. I expect a motivated Maxi in this game. Baselli has been their best player this season, but he was invisible against Juve yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

25. Thanks (1): morrisama

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    I honestly don't get wtf is so special about beating Roma. This team was getting creamed 3-0 in the first half by some Belarussian team, and conceded 4 goals vs. Leverkusen. We also beat them last time around.

People don't see how shit the top teams in Serie A are right now, and feel like this is some guaranteed every season with the money we spend and Serie A hitting rock bottom.
    On the surface that is true, but I think anyone who watches Roma regularly would tell you that when they play in Europe they play with less confidence defensively. They look scared. I also think they're a side that often underestimate their opposition. Go watch their game against Bayer. Their wingers were not tracking back, their midfielders we not working hard until they went 0-2 down, and then they score 4 straight goals and go back into cruise control mode. Whereas against us their wingers were working very hard with and without possession all night.

Anyway, scoring on Roma isn't the achievement. It was keeping them scoreless. The first time in 24 games. You just mentioned two games where Roma came back from behind despite playing sides that weren't really pushing forward because they had solid leads. As I said they scored 4 straight goals against Bayer, and they almost came back from 3-0 down to get a draw against that Belorussian side. Whereas we managed to stop them from even scoring one. That should be applauded.
    Last edited by Shaun; 01 Nov 15 at 10:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

27. Thanks (3): Rain, thatdude, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RubItAppianoGentile View Post
    Really hard decision for Mancio... to sit or not to sit Icardi?? That will be the trending topic this week
    I don't think its a hard call, Icardi should start.

Mancini wasn't playing mind games, he is telling the truth that Icardi was dropped against Roma only for tactical reasons. We saw how having no reference points in attack created a very mobile counter attacking team against Roma. I doubt we want to play such a defensive counter attack against Torino, who would be happy with a draw against Inter. So it wouldn't work.

I expect us to try our norm - a possession play with a higher defence with at least 2-3 reference points in attack. I hope to see this:

Icardi
    Perisic - Jovetic - Ljajic
    Melo - Medel
    Telles - Murrillo - Miranda - Nagatomo
    Handanovic

For the first time this season, we have everyone available. Its time to take the game to Torino.

29. Thanks (2): TGDella, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Kondogbia has 4 cards, another one in Torino and he'll miss the Frosinone game but that could keep him fresh for the Napoli trip.

Handanovic and Medel have 3 yellow cards each.

31. Thanks (1): Devious