Thread: Club World Cup

Scotland

Club World Cup

I'm interested to know how seriously people on this forum take this competition. In Britain, the view generally tends to be that only South Americans (who want to pit their teams against the best of Europe) and southern Europeans, such as Italy and Spain, are the only ones who see it with any importance. Northern Europeans view it as a non event.

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

Yeah I'd say most of Europe share the same view. The timing of it and the competition you face makes it irrelevant for the most part.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    I took it seriously once in 2010

Shit doesnt happen

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

As far as Europe goes, I don't think anyone aside from fans of the team that are in it give a shit about it. And even then, when Inter was in it all I cared about was not embarrassing ourselves by losing to some no name team from the Congo

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    It is a money-generating event by FIFA in which the competition is placed around in different parts of the world as an attempt to generate more income by selling merchandise and by meeting local powerful people in which they can hand FIFA money underneath the table as a way to promote and get a World Cup to their country.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I just miss when the Brazilians would come on our forum and explain to us how the Brazilian league is the best in the world, and 28 year old player X who scored a goal against a European team in this competition was worth 30 million.