Height: 1,82 m
    Nationality: Switzerland
    Position: Right back
    Foot: right
    Current club: Udinese Calcio
    In the team since: Jul 1, 2012
    Contract until: 30.06.2020

Ausilio contacts Udinese for Widmer.
    In the last minutes of yesterday’s game Mancini chose Juan Jesus and not Ranocchia and according to Gazzetta dello sport this is a signal for the mercato. The newspaper reports that there’s an offer from Liverpool for Ranocchia worth 9 million euro’s. Ranocchia is tempted by the offer and is thinking about it because he would mainly want to stay in Italy, with Torino as the main club interested in him. If Ranocchia is to leave, Mancini would want a central defender, but this is mostly if Vidic also leaves. Gazzetta dello sport also reports that Ausilio has made an official request to Udinese for Widmer. The deal could be done if Udinese gets Gnoukouri on a loan to drag down the costs of the deal.

Gnoukouri in Inter’s Widmer bid?
    Inter could offer Assane Gnoukouri on loan as part of their bid for Udinese full-back Silvan Widmer, say reports.
    Gazzetta dello Sport writes today that the Nerazzurri have already submitted an official bid for the Switzerland international, but Gnoukouri could play a key part.
    The 19-year-old has only made one league appearance under Roberto Mancini this season and could move to the Zebrette on loan in order to lower the cost of the deal.
    Widmer has made 12 Serie A appearances for Udinese this season and has five senior caps for Switzerland.
    follow me on twitter: @EnjoyInterNews / my new site: www.EnjoyInterNews.com

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Most Optimistic Member
    Lazio are counting on their good terms with Udinese to secure Silvan Widmer, targeted also by Juventus, Inter, Fiorentina and Napoli.

The Zebrette full-back is highly popular in Serie A at the moment, with the Nerazzurri in particular rumoured to be looking for a deal.

According to LaLazioSiamoNoi.it, the Biancocelesti have once again probed with Udinese to sign the 22-year-old.

While the targeted club is reluctant to sell their full-back, Lazio are counting on their favour should they change their mind.

The two clubs are believed to be in good terms with each other, which may give the Roman team an edge over their numerous competitors.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Most Optimistic Member
    Inter are reportedly interested in Udinese's Silvan Widmer and Empoli’s Mario Rui, but a move depends on who leaves.

A host of names are believed to be on the way out of San Siro in January, with defenders Nemanja Vidic, Andrea Ranocchia and Davide Santon among them.

Gazzetta dello Sport writes today that if Ranocchia leaves, Roberto Mancini will demand a new centre-back, with Udinese’s Thomas Heurtaux or Empoli’s Federico Barba the favourites.

However, Widmer and Mario Rui of the same two Serie A clubs could also be approached by the Nerazzurri if they become short of full-backs.

The likes of Santon and Dodo have been linked with moves away from Milan and the report says that the club will only make a move once sales have been completed.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Most Optimistic Member
    Juventus are keeping an eye on Silvan Widmer’s situation with Udinese.

The bianconeri are thinking about the Udinese player as the heir to Lichtsteiner but Inter are also tracking Widmer according to Sportmediaset.

and we sleep again...

5. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    ₩Ä$£Ä•

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    If we open a new thread for every player that is allegedly sniffed by Inter, then things here are gonna get messy.

Post this stuff in the 'defenders rumors thread' until there is credible evidence that Inter is signing him or on the verge of signing him.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

ďI donít think the formation model counts, itís all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

7. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Shaun, thatdude