Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Thread: Šime Vrsaljko

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

He'll complete the Croatian trifecta. Similar to the German trifecta of van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit we had in the late 80s.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

we can field a defense of vrsaljko-De vrij-Skriniar- Asamoah with a midfield of, Brozovic-Vidal-Naingolan, and people will still whine that we lost rafinha and cancelo
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Conte
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Still positive that by winning the Scudetto, we can get rid of the guy.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    we can field a defense of vrsaljko-De vrij-Skriniar- Asamoah with a midfield of, Brozovic-Vidal-Naingolan, and people will still whine that we lost rafinha and cancelo
    Cancelo is a prodigy and Rafinha is the lost son. Get on with the memo.

We might reach the CL final and lose and people will be like "I wish Cancelo was there, he'd do this and that and we'd win".

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    He'll complete the Croatian trifecta. Similar to the German trifecta of van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit we had in the late 80s.
    German? Could you please wash your mouth with soap?

5. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, chhstr, dejavu, Stefan

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    German? Could you please wash your mouth with soap?
    I'm not sure whether German is the problematic part here

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Cancelo is a prodigy and Rafinha is the lost son. Get on with the memo.

We might reach the CL final and lose and people will be like "I wish Cancelo was there, he'd do this and that and we'd win".
    I don't think anyone would say something childish like that.

Sime is an upgrade. I am happy like everyone else that we get him rather than some Darmian

We will have a very good team next season defensively but as people have pointed out, we still lack a bit of creativity going forward. Thus, I think Cancelo would add to that dimension with his primary attribute.

It is just an opinion/argument, not a lament. And definitely not a criticism against our transfers campaigns.

8. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Vrsaljko most probably won't be a protagonist in attack but is huge upgrade over Dambrosio and looks like great deal on today's crazy prices.

10. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslany View Post
    So are we getting him, or not? If not, just trade Vecino for Zappacosta and let's get it over with this shit.
    Yes we are!! I would never do that direct swap, as I consider Vecino much more valuable 30-35m compared to Zappacosta 20-25m max. But I rate Vrsaljko higher than Zappacosta and Darmian, so we are winning here. We can always sell Vecino for more money and cash in this window.

Great news and excellent deal!

Serie A, La Liga & International experience - perfect profile, still has his best years ahead of him and already has friends here. He will fit in immediately.

Ausilio is really upping his game this year. I don`t think we had a better option and the price is fair, especially given the conditions.
    This deal leaves us money for a midfielder without fucking up the FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    what do you mean by WE?! maaaaan you need your coffee...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Vrsaljko most probably won't be a protagonist in attack but is huge upgrade over Dambrosio and looks like great deal on today's crazy prices.
    I agree but it might turn out to be even better than Cancelo for the squad balance - this year we already have others to be protagonists in the attack, while Šime is better at defending than Cancelo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

12. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    what do you mean by WE?! maaaaan you need your coffee...
    https://www.football-italia.net/1087...es-inter-gaffe

How do you not know about this

14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, DARi0, sikman

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Oh, you mean THAT reference? I knew about it, just didn`t store it in my memory. Thanks for the reminder and my bad Sharky

Sime Vrsaljko is expected to arrive in Italy this evening ahead of a medical with Inter, where he will wear the #2 shirt.

The 26-year-old will interrupt his summer holiday to travel to Milan and will reportedly undergo his medical tomorrow morning.
    Plan B please

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    From WhoScored.com:

Sime Vrsaljko: Of the 57 players to attempt 75+ crosses, only Jesus Navas (12.8%) had a worse cross success rate than Vrsaljko (13.6%) in La Liga last season
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    From WhoScored.com:

Sime Vrsaljko: Of the 57 players to attempt 75+ crosses, only Jesus Navas (12.8%) had a worse cross success rate than Vrsaljko (13.6%) in La Liga last season
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Translation thanks to Michael: INTER BUM BUM
    Two signings requested by Luciano Spalletti are coming.
    Vrsaljko is acquired, Vidal is just one step away.
    To Atletico Madrid is 6.5 million for the loan and 17.5 for the redemption of the Croatian.
    Same formula with Bayern: 20 million in total and three-year contract to Arturo.

INTER UNLEASHED: VRSALJKO SIGNED, AND NOW VIDAL
    Sime is an Inter player as Atletico Madrid accepted the latest increase.
    The right back is coming for 24 million total (6.5 immediately). Tomorrow is medical
    Arturo is one step away: Bayern have said yes, this deal is worth 20 million euros.
    There is an opening for loan with option: per the Chilean, three-year contract is ready worth 4.5 million a season.

The right wing of Inter now has its master, one that is at a very high level. Inter have closed the deal for Sime Vrsaljko, the club’s top choice: another vice-champion of the World Cup is coming. Sime will play together with Perisic and Brozovic with whom just over two weeks ago, he was one step away from an incredible feat.

Agreement with Atletico Madrid was found yesterday evening: a loan with option to buy (this formula is a must due to UEFA FFP) for a total of 24 million. Inter started with an offer of 22 million, the Colchoneros, after the World Cup, re-evaluated Sime’s overall value and demanded 30. The agreement was found with probably the last increase that Inter were willing to do: loan for 6.5 million and option to buy at 17.5.

DESIRE
    - Inter have closed this operation thanks to the will of the player which has given the Italian club so much momentum. At first, it seemed very complicated because the desire of Atletico Madrid was to sell Vrsaljko outright and for the reluctance of Diego Simeone to sell the player. But now, the coach will have Arias from PSV and so his club is convinced to accept the formula of “deferred payment” and Sime is satisfied: he will return to Italy where he arrived in the summer of 2013 from Dinamo Zagreb. He then spent three seasons here between Genoa and Sassuolo (79 appearances). Inter project convinced him, Brozovic and Perisic did the rest of it.

WORLD CUP - The Croatian newspapers recently started to call him “Escobar” for his hair full of gel and a very “South American” mustache. Vrsaljko certainly did not have his best season with Atletico but with his national team’s checkered shirt, he showed why Simeone invested 16 million in him two summers ago. At the World Cup, he allowed Inter fans to see a glimpse of what he is capable of especially in the semifinal against England. He crossed the ball in for Perisic for the equalizer and saved Stones’ header right on the goal line. Connection with the forward, making plays in the midfield, attention in defense: that is everything you could possibly want from your starting fullback.

In addition, there is also his character, demonstrated by not backing away from anyone and when needed, he did even have some decisive stops. Even outside the field. After beating Messi, he said that “I saw the Argentinians falling to the ground and crying like girls.” Words that were not taken well in Buenos Aires but maybe his new captain, Mauro Icardi, will not mind because he was excluded from that group.

NUMBERS - Sime turned 26 years old in January and in Russia, he had the most crosses out of anyone with 34. A fundamental style of play for Inter, one that last year was very important. He also perfected his defensive abilities which were already naturally good. The 68.8 kilometers ran in six World Cup games confirmed that he is a true runner. Vrsaljko also had 12 interceptions showing the ability to read the opponents.

His signing completes Inter defense now have three top central defenders, Asamoah on the left, D’Ambrosio is now the first to come off the bench for the fullbacks (he can play on both sides). In case of a three-man defense, the Croatian can play as a right midfielder but in emergency situation, he can also be a right winger (Gasperini used him there at Genoa).

IN MILAN TODAY - Vrsaljko could already arrive in Milan this evening to have medical tomorrow. Then he will go back to vacation for a few more days and then return to Spalletti and Inter only during the week of August 6th, like his national teammates. Between an unexpected World Cup final and a wanted return to Italy, it was a short and very busy summer for Vrsaljko.

south american clan uniting with balkan clan
    Last edited by DARi0; 31 Jul 18 at 12:36. Reason: E S C O B A R
    Plan B please

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Bzzlightyear

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Šime Vrsaljko

Benvenuto Sime!!!!!!

Dobrodošli Sime!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Brozo welcomed him on fb!
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

22. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    飞&#25196

Federated States of Micronesia

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

So we can see Perisic vs Cancelo and Vrsaljko vs CR7 this year

Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    So we can see Perisic vs Cancelo and Vrsaljko vs CR7 this year

Actually Perisic vs Cancelo is hugely in our favor.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, č la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

26. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, magnesium

Fav. Player
    JZ4

The more recent reports suggest the total cost will be closer to €24 million rather than Atletico’s original demand of €30 million, which makes it an even better deal!

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Yugoslavia

Šime Vrsaljko

It is done