Sharaaway 0 0 0 0 0 Muller<br />
0 0 Vidal 0 Pogba 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Sandro 0 Ramos 0 Alderwield 0 Darmian<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
      Oblak<br />

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    RIP Jrg

Jrg's team lacks width in defence which is where we will look to exploit them and hit them on the counter with eriksen looking to play it to the wingers or through to Lewandowski. Hoping that Vidal and Pogba can pressure his midfield and look to disrupt the play from his defence to his midfield hopefully making him go long to his forwards which lack height

Jrg
    0 0 Griezmann 0 Agüero 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Dybala 0 0 0<br />
Insigne 0 0 0 0 0 De_Bruyne<br />
0 0 Krychowiak 0 Xabi_Alonso 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 Hummels 0 Kompany 0 Koulibaly 0<br />
Courtois<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Jrg View Post

My formation may be a bit untraditional but it is inspired by what I have seen from Guardiola a couple of times this season. Krychowiak's role will be somewhat similar to the one Lahm has had with Bayern München as he and Xabi Alonso both will have a focus on the defensive part of the game but with him rather being an offensive central defender than an actual midfielder.

This means my defense is not a three-man defense for all 90 minutes as both Koulibaly and Hummels will due to their pace be able to cover the opponents wings meanwhile Krychowiak will drop back.

The reasons to why I picked those three defenders:

Koulibaly has played well for Napoli this season, actually at a level which made the French national team coach interested in giving him the chance for France until he realized that he has already participated for Senegal . Hummels has had a great comeback this season after his shitty last season. His passing abilities will be a great addition to my team as well as his pace and leadership abilities. I posted a picture showing the importance Kompany has had for Manchester City when it comes to his leadership on the field. His team has been far from impressing without him on the field due bad performances from his defensive teammates. We are talking about well experienced players like Sagna, Clichy, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Demichelis and Kolarov who can't get much of their shit together without Kompany being there as a leader. He will be the leader that makes my defence work out.

A conclusion on my defensive players: It is a very flexible formation as it will be a 3-5-2 formation in some periods of the match and at other times a 4-4-2 formation.

I really don't think I have to talk too much about my forwards as their names and stats speaks for themselves. Aguero is in my opinion the best "number 9" type of forward and Griezmann is a magician doing wonders for Atletico. Talking about magicians; We all have seen what Dybala does this season and De Bruyne is as well a joy to watch which means this team also will be very dynamic offensively.

Scoring goals is what makes this game wonderful and I have tried my best to collect a team which in my mind are able to defend but at the same time make it interesting to watch.

About the opponent:

Sergio Ramos are well known for being brain-dead in some situations which will be very interesting especially when he is mixed by Alderwield who finally has a great season for a top team in Europe. The Tottenham defence was a disaster last season and he didn't do well for Atletico when he was there. Then mix these two with Darmian who IMO has been far from what we all thought he would be in Manchester United and Sandro who benefits from playing for a well organized team with Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner and Buffon. Those 5 teammates have played together for many seasons which brings the needed stability for Sandro and not a kamikaze defense with Sergio Ramos in charge of it. Müller is in my mind more a secondary striker than a right wing who has benefitted from having great right backs for both club team and national team to cover him up defensively. Sharaaway has had a huge probelm with this kind of system for Milan and Monaco which makes me wonder why he has been included in this system. A 4-3-3 formation with him and Müller next to Lewandowski up front would be more efficient but you will then have to bring Eriksen back as a traditional central midfielder which he isn't and never will be.
    - - - Updated - - -

If someone could add a poll to this, it would be much appreciated because I have zero clue.

2. Thanks (1): J..

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Jrg has Dybala
    Seriously a very unusually attacking formation from Jrg, I fucken love it and the df isn't suffering at all as Krychowiak and Alonso can defend very well...Hummels and Koulibaly know how to move forward...
    Dybala,Griezmann and Aguero,KDB and Insigne...very sexy tbh
    5 df orientated players and 5 offensive ones,very clearly cut down the middle...Cool
    Scottish has some nice names like Oblak,Muller,Lewa but the df makes me ask questions,Ramos is a bit of tard if you ask me tbh,the Belgian is doing well in Spurs though ...I also don't like Sharaawy that much nor do I like Vidal and Pogba
    Too much Rube vibe in your formation tbh...

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

which xabi alonso can defend? If you think ramos is a tard than Kompany and hummels are 10 times worse, that team has virtually zero defense except for krychaishcdiahci
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

5. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I'm going with ScottishInterista

Jrg's defense is far too weak for my liking, and is likely to get overrun in the midfield with a deadly Pogba - Vidal combination. Insigne and De Bruyne are just far too poor defensively to play on the wings in a 3-5-2, they will get exploited by Il Faraone and Mueller.

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

Yeah Jrg's defence (and formation in general) is quite suspicious. However, his offence is simply too strong and they are as creative and amazing as they are hard working. He might concede a goal or a ten(!) but he'll most likely outscore his opponent.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Honestly think the weakest position my team is the left wing, as scary as his attack is i think that my non-stop pressing midfield will fuck the transition from defence to attack will be fairly easy to disrupt especially. Feel like the offensive mindset of his wingers will make him easier to exploit. Dont agree with the notion that Ramos is a tard in defence or that Alonso is good enough in defence for a double pivot. And JJM how is that defence suspect, the fullbacks are incredibly balanced which they would need to be to counteract his wingers. Main worry is the option for his wingers to come inside and clog the middle of the pitch
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

I only voted against the Scotsman as I think Pogba-Vidal lacks something when facing that many attackers from Jrg.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    i was debating choosing a DM instead of Erikson but didnt really like anyone available
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    I can't stand Ramos, Darmian is nothing special either at United and in the NT,the Belgian df who's name I can't pronounce is a solid df at Spurs now yes but his previous spells at ATM and...I forget where were not that impressive.Was it Southampton?!
    A.Sandro has potential yes but he is a Rubentino...Like I said you have him,Pogba,former member Vidal...too many Rubentini
    Maybe your df isn't that bad but I'm kind of biased so...not everything is rational in football...
    +I rly like Jrg's adventures formation, I appreciate ballsy approaches

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    Football should be about entertaining people in the best possible way without of course losing the matches which I believe is possible with this formation.

Marshall Islands

Ironically I voted for ScottishInterista because I'm not entirely convinced by Jrg's attacking output. I think playing Dybala at #10 instead of CF or SS and Insigne so deep undermines their attacking. Meanwhile both Pogba and Vidal offer lots of defensive steel while Muller is also hard-working and Eriksen is no slouch. But maybe Jrg could outscore Scottish by targeting Darmian, probably the worst player out of either team...

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Ironically I voted for ScottishInterista because I'm not entirely convinced by Jrg's attacking output. I think playing Dybala at #10 instead of CF or SS and Insigne so deep undermines their attacking. Meanwhile both Pogba and Vidal offer lots of defensive steel while Muller is also hard-working and Eriksen is no slouch. But maybe Jrg could outscore Scottish by targeting Darmian, probably the worst player out of either team...
    I realize they're completely different players, but Xabi Alonso's corpse is far worse than Darmian. Especially when used as a holding midfielder in a 3-5-2.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

I see successful attacking triangles in Jrg’s team:
    Griez-Kun-Dybala
    Griez-Dybala-Insigne
    Kun-Dybala-De Bruyne

There’s weak links in Koulibaly and Hummels. Same with Krychowiak, but Curtois is good.

On the other hand Scottish has a boss midfield, but a weak attack, especially when faced with 3-5-2.
    Eriksen and Soaraway are not good enough, especially Eriksen. Good keeper with Oblak, but Darmian and Alderwield are very weak.

In any scenario, I see Jrg winning by outscoring.