D.Silva 0 0 0 0 0 Messi<br />
0 0 0 Pjanic 0 0 0<br />
0 Modric 0 0 0 Matuidi 0<br />
F.Luis 0 0 0 0 0 Danilo<br />
0 0 T.Silva 0 Manolas 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
deGea<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

Anyway, first I'll reply to Pimp's assertion that my team is somehow too offensive and none of my players track back. Frankly I think both our attacks are basically identical in that regard. David Silva has played as a midfielder and does track back just as much, if not more than Sanchez. Pjanic is a average defender, but he does track back to defend or at least occupies space to stop attacks for Roma, this is more than can be said for James. Messi and Lukaku won't defend much in my lineup which means two players in both sides will do little or no defending. Although, Lukaku easily pressures defenders and defends more than Zlatan does.

My midfield duo have far more tactical intelligence than his. Toure has lots of talent, but he sees himself as more of an attacker than a midfielder half the time and is often caught out of position. Kante runs all day for Leicester in a counter-attacking side, but in this side he's going to be playing with 5 attackers who want to be in the attacking third all day. He's going to get overwhelmed. Whereas my midfield duo both understand when to attack and defend. Not to mention that Pjanic is a midfielder by trade and will drop deeper when necessary.

My midfield duo plus Pjanic could circulate the ball all day if they wanted to. Modric and Pjanic are also fantastic dribblers who almost never get caught in possession. Matuidi's passing game is very underrated and almost never gives the ball away easily. Pimp's side is going to be struggling to get the ball off my men all day, especially once you fact in how good both Silvas, Messi, and even Lukaku are in possession of the ball. However, all of my midfielders are fantastic at placing perfect balls forward for attackers when the opportunity is there.

In attack both sides are clearly stellar, but only one of our attacks has the best player in the world, mine. I love Ibra, but the guy does go missing in big games, as proven again this week against Man City. Messi on the other hand is undoubtedly one of the best attackers of all time, and shows it on a weekly basis regardless of how good the opposition is or how big the stage is. To compliment Messi I have one of the best modern-day forwards in the game. Lukaku is a beast. Strong, fast, agile and plays the game with intelligence and vision. He's just as adept at laying the ball off for Messi and he is at getting on the end of a cross from Silva. Did I mention he is two footed and can head the ball? 9 goals with his left, 5 with his right, and 4 with his head this season. David Silva is a fantastic player who contributes work rate, tactical intelligence, and offensive output. Pjanic has 9 goals and 10 assists this season. His long range missiles and his ability from freekicks will be devastating to Pimp's side when they repeatedly have to foul Messi, Lukaku and co to stop them.

He has arguably the best LB in the world who might be able to stop Messi, but I've got one of the best centerbacks in the world in Silva. One that knows Zlatan like the back of his hand after playing with him for the last 5 seasons? Pimp has some very dangerous direct attackers. And I've got some fantastic tacklers in my side. Manolas is tall, reads the game well, has pace and has good ability to tackle players in one v one situations. He's already faced Barca and Real this season and done a fantastic job (The rest of his side..not so much). Thiago Silva's defending does't need any explanation. Felipe Luis has shown his ability all season in La Liga and faced Real's and Barca's elite attackers on multiple occasions. Facing Pimp's forwards won't be anything new for him. Danilo is a super talented kid. A little raw at times, but easily one of the most talented fullbacks in the world. Not to mention he keeps Pimp's rightback out of Real's side. He'll be marking Bale who's biggest asset is speed. Danilo is also extremely fast and I'm confident he'll be able to at least stop him from cutting inside because crosses are something Silva and Manolas can cut out all day. Barzagli is a great defender, but more so in a back three. Getting him to take on all the attacking talents in my side? Especially with his lack of pace. It's going to be trouble. And he's going to have Pique next to him. Thiago Silva is a good passing CB, and a great defender. Pique is a great passing centerback but only a good defender. That's not going to be enough against my team. Especially considering he's accustomed to playing in a Barca side who has 70% of the ball. He's going to be defending far more against my team and will be caught out.

Buffon is a fantastic GK because of the way he communicates with his defense. His defence he has played with for 100 years. That's not going to be the case with Pimp's team. De Gea is a far better pure shot stopper with far superior reactions, and for that reason he's the better keeper to have in this type of match up.

So long story short. Pimp's side is good, mine is better.
    Domesticated Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedPimp View Post
    I think my team matches up really well with his, since i think his is too offensive and too vulnerable on the counter. None of Silva Pjanic Messi nor Lukaku track back, add this to the fact that modric is not what one would call "defensive", and i think matuidi just simply wouldn't be enough, to cover it all. Add to this the fact that if the attack lost the ball in my final 3rd, they would have Kante, Toure, Bale, Sanchez to deal with in the counter, add to this the fact that james rodriguez would distribute balls, and having Ibra as a focal point in the attack, i dont think anyone would stop this team in the counter. Meanwhile in defense I have some of the most solid defenders, best left back in the game, one of the most solid right backs, and a great cb duo. Nevermind the fact i have the most impressive defensive midfielder in Ngolo Kante, dude would cover the whole field by himself, he can also bring the ball up the field, as can yaya toure who can be as good as kante in the back and he is 100 times better going forward. Sanchez is also known for his work ethic, bale has stamina for days, and i wouldn't have James "has more talent in his left nut than your whole squad" Rodriguez and Ibrahimovic tracking back.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Damn this was a tough one but I love me some creative players like Modric,Pjanic,Silva +Shaun has fucken Messi the best player around in the past,present and future...

However I kind of admire Ibra and his stunts but I'm not a fan of Bale or J.Rodriguez that much or more of their current forms.
    I liked Sanchez at Udinese but he is a flashy show boat who doesn't seem to like to pass often at Arsenal,also Toure as a double pivot member...meeeh,he is a lazy mofo nowadays
    However Pimp has a solid df...but Shaun has a massive offensive super power that can decide it in his favour in the end

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Pimp's midfield will struggle more but I think his team would be amazing at countering especially that offense. Regardless Shaun gets my vote

Inb4 Pimp goes 'Traitor' on me
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

By far the closest of the matchups on paper.

Leaning towards Pimp because of the overall balance of his squad. Shaun's team left wings looks extremely vulnerable defensively.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    whaat? Felipe Luis is awesome defensively this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

Damn, this is a tough one. I'll read what they had to say later and probably base my decision on that.

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Kante on his own in midfield would be a monster, but imo Pimp's midfield doesn't really accommodate the rest of the team. You have 4 good attacking options but today's Toure's work rate and more attacking minded approach will be a problem, causing the midfield to get overran when faced against Pjanic, but mainly Modric and Mautidi who is a great player for me.

I personally like Shaun's defence (mostly fullback choices) as Filipe Luis doesn't need explanation and Danilo is a better choice over Carvajal imo and will be a good choice to have against Bale. Thiago Silva is one of the best choices to have against zlatan, so it's unlucky for Pimp there. Barzagli and Pique are solid choices for Pimp, very physical but on the slower side, and with the likes of Messi cutting in and especially Lukaku (who can handle the physicality of the 2 CB's) it will be a good match. A lot of other forwards would brake down against those 2 CB's but I think it's a bad match up when Lukaku comes in to the picture, who's as strong as an ox, but quick too. Alaba is a good choice for Pimp as he is class and one of the best LB's, but in the end there are too many ball playing/creative players (modric, silva, pjanic messi) and I think the game would be dominated by them.

Pimp's team however is built really good for counterattacks, We've lost count of the amount of times Kante has ignited counters this season, and with Bale and Sanchez on the wings, they could cause a lot of problems, but I think Shauns defense well equipped to deal with most of those.

A bit of an unlucky draw as I think Pimp's team would beat some other ones iv'e seen, but this one is a bad match up for me. Shaun wins but it would be close.

This took the piss to write. Can't remember the last time I posted this much.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    All my fellow competitors have voted against me. Conspiracy I tell you
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

9. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    All my fellow competitors have voted against me. Conspiracy I tell you
    That's my thing bro..
    But yeah they will tactically eliminate you as you are too dangerous for them with an epic team

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    Tough decision but this goes to Shaun (which it did yesterday btw... )

Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    That's my thing bro..
    But yeah they will tactically eliminate you as you are too dangerous for them with an epic team
    Game theory at work here, with perverse incentives and all. Maybe competitors should not be allowed to vote...?

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Don’t like Shaun’s wingbacks and Manolas?! Pjanic/Modric ok, Matuidi is meh. Now you have Messi, but he ain’t doing shit with Lukaku and Silva is pretty much a Poor man’s Messi. You’re playing wide while Pimp is going narrow and with the setup and players he has, i think he’d win. Carvajal/Alaba are one of the best in the game. Bale strikes me inferior when not on the wing, and he’s naturally a right winger btw. not to mention overrated af. Kante/Toure is excellent. Pique is tall and Buffon the best in the game. Now bench Lukaku and open talks with Ibra since he’s a free transfer and maybe you’ll score.

Marshall Islands

Shaun just about edges it for me. In midfield, Matuidi and Kante both get through lots of running (but Matuidi is a better player overall), and I agree with Pimp that James is better defensively than Pjanic. But I would be much more willing to trust Modric in a double pivot than Toure. Toure is too lazy, and his defensive workrate is simply too poor.

In attack, Shaun has more variety, but I worry about the Bale vs. Danilo match-up. I feel Danilo is a little too raw right now (not to mention that he's been benched by Pimp's RB Carvajal).

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Need to ask: What is the rule of the game and how come none of the big players (ie, Messi & Ronaldo) are not inside the draft?

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Need to ask: What is the rule of the game and how come none of the big players (ie, Messi & Ronaldo) are not inside the draft?
    What? Messi is in Shaun's team for starters.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

And I just read the rule in the other thread. This sounds fun.