Fav. Player

Canada

Your La Liga Team of the Season

---------------Cassillas------------------

--Salgado--Ayala--Puyol--Belletti----

--Beckham--------Deco----------Ronaldinho

-------------------Riquelme-----------------

---------------Forlan------Eto'o-------------

Cassillas: If I had a dollar for everytime he saved Real's a$$ this season, I'd be buying Real right now. Once again he proves to be one of the best keepers in the world.

Salgado: Real's most consistent player this season. Their most irreplaceable player as well. Salgado has become a gem.

Ayala: Age is a just number and Ayala is living proof. Valencia would conceed far more if he wasnt there.

Belletti: One of the most appearing players on Barca's side and is definetely a fine addition to their dominating lineup this season.

Beckham: As soon as Luxemburgo arrived and took him out of the CDM position and put him on the right, he has been the backbone of Real ever since. Not only has his defensive game improved by alot, he is back to the old Beckham that was filling up Man Utd's trophy room. What a performance against Barcelona.

Deco: Probably Portugal's best player at the moment. What a shot he has! Him and Ronaldinho have been the most exciting players on Barca this season.

Ronaldinho: FIFA Footballer of The Year and rightfully so. Most exciting player in the world and sometimes defies physics. No-look passes, pin-point chips and shots from 30yds out have made him the new Zidane.

Riquelme: He's just been on fire all season long! He and Forlan have given Villareal a CL spot and one of their most exciting and best seasons they've ever had.

Forlan: Wow. I used to think Forlan was a piece of sh!t when he played for Man Utd and look at the superstar he turned out to be! Just today he scored a hat-trick against Barcelona!

Eto'o: Him and Forlan have been battling all season on the scoresheets. What pace Eto'o has. He's just absolutely brilliant. He's up there with the best strikers in the world (Adriano, Sheva, Ibra, Henry, Van Nistelrooij etc.)
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

----------Cassillas---------
    Ramos-??????-Puyol-????
    Joaquin---????????------Deco
    --------Ronaldinho---------
    -------Eto---Oliveira-------

I will fill the empty spots later on

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

------------E'too------------Forlan
    Ronaldinho------Riquelme-------Giuly
    -------------------Xavi-----------------
    Del Horno---S. Ramos---Puyol---Belletti
    -------------------Casillas--------------

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Beckham!?
    Giuly!?
    Marquez as CB!?
    Ayala who has been injured for so long!?

Oh my!

Handyo

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Beckham!?
    Giuly!?
    Marquez as CB!?
    Ayala who has been injured for so long!?

Oh my!

Handyo
    Read wat I wrote about Beckham. Giuly hasnt been that great, Riquelme has!!

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

what are you guys talking about?! Giuly has been awesome. Beckham has been too inconsistent, I admit he was impressive towards end of season but has not been good all season. Giuly has been very, very good. He is Barca's 3rd top scorer and has made many assists throughout the season. Watch any of his games, he is class!

I have absolutely no regrets about the line up I posted. Whereas in the Serie A I felt a bit unsure. This line up: no way. This is class.

Scary fact is that the whole midfield is Barcelona next season.

Indonesia

Well Primo-Inter, first of all, Xavi there is not gonna work. That midfield will get eaten up for sure. Xavi as the last player before the defence line is simply suicidal. Not only that Xavi is very limited defensively, his size does not allow him to be the defensive midfielder that Guardiola or Redondo is. Xavi had Marquez this season and Cocu last season. Without them, Xavi will not have the freedom to go forward.

Secondly, Giuly has been too inconsistent this season. Sure, he made some assists and goals but going by that logic, Stankovic is enjoying a good season too.

ForzaImperatore, just because Beckham was superb in El Classico II doesn't mean that he had a good season. Ask any true Merengues, I am sure that they loath him more than they love him.

Handyo

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Well Primo-Inter, first of all, Xavi there is not gonna work. That midfield will get eaten up for sure. Xavi as the last player before the defence line is simply suicidal. Not only that Xavi is very limited defensively, his size does not allow him to be the defensive midfielder that Guardiola or Redondo is. Xavi had Marquez this season and Cocu last season. Without them, Xavi will not have the freedom to go forward.

Secondly, Giuly has been too inconsistent this season. Sure, he made some assists and goals but going by that logic, Stankovic is enjoying a good season too.

ForzaImperatore, just because Beckham was superb in El Classico II doesn't mean that he had a good season. Ask any true Merengues, I am sure that they loath him more than they love him.

Handyo
    Any spanish person would hate Beckham.

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaImperatore
    Any spanish person would hate Beckham.
    why?

I don't like him either.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Actually Beckham has performed better, but hardly better than the likes of Xavi, Deco, Marquez, Riquelme, Gravesen and Albelda.
    Such a shame Battaglia's wife hasn't let him play this season, I expected him to dominate this season.
    As much as I love Ayala, he hasn't been too great this season, you can't blame him, he was injured and came back into a team in turmoil. Also with Belletti; you gotta be kidding right? There is a reason why Barcelona fans want a new right back. Giuly? He started off p1ss poor, but since his injury he has done well, but hardly better than the likes of Joaquin.

Oh well, my team:

Reina
    Salgado Puyol Milito Del Horno
    Marquez
    Xavi Deco
    Riquelme Ronaldinho
    Eto'o.

The Barca midfield was incredible, harsh to leave any of them out.

Who do I think is the La Liga player of the year? Deco, no doubt about it. Ronaldinho may be the best player in the world, but even Barca fans would say that either Deco or Xavi have been their best players this season. Deco has been everywhere, he does well in attack and defence, makes assists and scores goals, he has so lived up to his wage bill and transfer fee when other teams were cautious of signing him (cough cough Real Madrid e Juventus).

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Are you serious about Belletti? I've always thought of him as a good right back. Maybe you and I have seen different matches?

God, please forgive me..... but I thought he may even be a replacement for J.Z when the day comes.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Such a shame Battaglia's wife hasn't let him play this season, I expected him to dominate this season.).
    Who is Battaglia? And why would his wife stop him from playing?

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Such a shame Battaglia's wife hasn't let him play this season, I expected him to dominate this season.).
    Who is Battaglia? And why would his wife stop him from playing?
    you don't know Battaglia?

his wife caught him cheating. they agreed that him not playing for 1 season would be suitable punishment.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

No, I don't, where did he play and what is his nationality.

I've been following La Liga for a while, but never came across his name and not that story.

Man, I can't help it but laugh at him, idiot

Indonesia

Is that true, Primo-Inter? What did Villareal have to say about that?

Don Ham, if I'm not wrong, Battaglia is a ball-winner who comes from Boca Juniors and he joined Villareal either last summer or at this winter's transfer market. Whether he was there when Roman was Boca's king, I am not too sure.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

The Boca guy, defintely remember him now. I think he joined mid-season last year.

What would happen if he divorces his wife in the future? Ban her from seeing other men for a year to make up for his lost season?

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Yep that's Battaglia.
    His wife was tipped off that he was cheating apparently.
    His b1tchy wife demanded that they either get divorced or he doesn't play for a season, Battaglia went for the latter because I think they had a son (?)

He was great for them last season, Diego Simeone praised the fark outta him, he was getting a lot of attention.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I'm with his wife on this one But that's an absurd way to get back on him. There are millions of ways to do it, a year of his life went for nothing.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

I'm with his wife on this one But that's an absurd way to get back on him. There are millions of ways to do it, a year of his life went for nothing.
    If I was Battaglia, I'd be watching her like a hawk...she might try and get back at you with one of your teammates...its even more worrying if you have players in your team like Sorin.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

If I was Battaglia, I'd be watching her like a hawk...she might try and get back at you with one of your teammates...its even more worrying if you have players in your team like Sorin.
    LOL