Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lazio - Inter (5 May 2002) [4-2]

  1. #1
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,682
    Thanked
    5,714 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

    Lazio - Inter (5 May 2002) [4-2]

    Instead of trying to delude ourselves by remembering when we beat Barcelona in what only was a freaking CL semi, regardless of how epic that was, it's better for Inter to relive these moments.





    We learn so much more from these tragedies, from these heartbreaks, than from trying to convince ourselves that we're still a European giant. Than by being in this fuckoff limbo of mediocrity and average. As much as my heart was broken during those years, I'd rather relive them all over again than having to endure this Inter that truly has made a lot of us apathetic.

    That team at least had the heart, the fight, the fire and the passion to succeed. Unlike this group of players who just have zero identity towards the club. When I look at this Inter, I do not feel like I can 'associate' the club with any of the players. Compare them to the Zanettis, Cordobas, or even the Materazzis and Toldos who were only in their first season at the club, and the difference is just too stark.

    Let's all hope that our club will at least give us the opportunity to have our hearts shattered all over again.


  2. #2
    I4E's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 11
    Posts
    10,918
    Thanked
    12,970 times
    Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

    Macedonia

    6 Forum Supporter
    I totally understand what you're saying Handyo. This Inter is just simply not the Inter that I've followed for so long. It doesn't resemble the Inter from years gone by in any way, shape or form.

    During the previous decades, typical of what you just mentioned, there was always a glimmer of hope that after an unsuccessful season we were just that little bit extra that was needed away from achieving some success the following season. The hope felt very real and very close.

    But today I don't feel that and certainly don't see it. Inter now is a club that simply has no clout on the big stage anymore. I cannot see Inter; attracting players that supporters wanna turn up for, managers that the big clubs strive for and definitely any fear from opposing clubs, both domestic and foreign, like it did once before.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

    “I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

  3. Thanks (1): Handoyo

  4. #3
    Javier'sSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 15
    Posts
    3,842
    Thanked
    4,171 times
    Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

    Holy See

    4
    Oh I see, Handoyo is into sadism.


    Explains the ""

  5. #4
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,080
    Thanked
    7,830 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Very inspiring from the forums leader
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  6. #5
    Hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Jul 05
    Posts
    6,177
    Thanked
    2,395 times
    Fav. Player
    4 & 10

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    35 10 years of FIF
    Maybe the only way to bring old feelings back is to give our bench to one of the legendary players. Cambiasso was passionate and smart, Materazzi was passionate, rough and sneaky.

    From others who aren't here too long but they left impact I would choose Simeone, Baggio, Ronaldo ...
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

    Parma team manager Sandro Melli

  7. #6
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    12,703
    Thanked
    9,143 times
    Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

    Tokelau

    69
    It's true. Inter has lost its soul for few years now. We might have lost lots of chances before but we kept our identity as a big name in Europe. However, this clubs cut the history in 2014 by letting the last 3 legends out together. There was no regeneration to continue the tradition. Many fans were happy to see the oldies left, thinking that we would develop into better teams just by getting new younger players.

    We are bitten by our own karma with the way we threw out JC, Materazzi, JZ, Cambiasso and Samuel. Now, we have problems in appointing captain and can't even feel proud of our captain. Our captain is someone who has only been here for less than 3 years and even worse the second capt is a brand new player.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  8. #7
    MakeInterGreatAgain! JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    31,854
    Thanked
    38,021 times
    Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Yugoslavia

    91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    meh,


    I'd rather remember 5 May 2010...

    The start of a beautiful summer...


    https://twitter.com/Inter/status/728...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

    I'm a masochist for being an Inter fan yes but Han is on a way higher level than me...

  9. Thanks (1): MVD

  10. #8
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,977
    Thanked
    5,096 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Ban Handoyo for making this thread. Double ban him for not putting a trigger warning.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  11. Thanks (1): MVD

  12. #9
    Kakaroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    10,398
    Thanked
    13,187 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

    United States

    48
    The 90s were really the "dark ages" for Inter but the club still won the UEFA cup three time and had the best player in world at one point. The 2010s is making us reminisce about the 90s. Sad!
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

  13. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  14. #10
    Mnassar's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Nov 11
    Posts
    273
    Thanked
    381 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Crespo

    Egypt

    Forum Supporter
    I hope you guys are happy driving traffic away from this desert of a fucking site with all your fucking negativity. You know what's pathetic, you bitching and whining today when there were 40+ thousand fans in the stadium supporting this team, when in this season, when we finally have a team we can build on for the first time in over 6 years, some bitchers and whiners can't see beyond pumping money to fabricate past glory. Highest at home attendance this season... Fucking brilliant! You talk about heartbreak? At least we're not Fiorentina, Milan or Napoli controlled by idiot presidents who don't understand the meaning of a project. Outside of Juve, and maybe Sassuolo, there's no other real project in Italy at the moment. We have, owners, management, coaches and players who are by and large all bought into the same idea and vision. You know, it's probably the same whiners who were complaining about the purchase of Kondogbia... who is clearly our best midfielder today. Complaining about the sale of Kova, complaining about the sale of Shaqiri etc etc etc. Mancini is no godsend, he is no savior and he will not win us the CL and possibly even the Scudetto, but he is for sure building the team that will under the next coach, be it Simeone, Miha or whoever the fuck else. Ausilio and ET said before there are clear plans A, B and C... why do you think we're suddenly hearing about fucking Suning. Because that's our plan B in order to keep the core of the team and build on it for next year. Grow the fuck up and support Inter, especially because in this day and age, players are fucking connected online, they read shit, and while your support on social media is hardly as impacting as that at the stadium, I'm pretty fucking sure it makes a difference on some level. Per sempre, Forza Inter!

  15. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

  16. #11
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanked
    5,077 times

    Marshall Islands

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    I hope you guys are happy driving traffic away from this desert of a fucking site with all your fucking negativity. You know what's pathetic, you bitching and whining today when there were 40+ thousand fans in the stadium supporting this team, when in this season, when we finally have a team we can build on for the first time in over 6 years, some bitchers and whiners can't see beyond pumping money to fabricate past glory. Highest at home attendance this season... Fucking brilliant! You talk about heartbreak? At least we're not Fiorentina, Milan or Napoli controlled by idiot presidents who don't understand the meaning of a project. Outside of Juve, and maybe Sassuolo, there's no other real project in Italy at the moment. We have, owners, management, coaches and players who are by and large all bought into the same idea and vision. You know, it's probably the same whiners who were complaining about the purchase of Kondogbia... who is clearly our best midfielder today. Complaining about the sale of Kova, complaining about the sale of Shaqiri etc etc etc. Mancini is no godsend, he is no savior and he will not win us the CL and possibly even the Scudetto, but he is for sure building the team that will under the next coach, be it Simeone, Miha or whoever the fuck else. Ausilio and ET said before there are clear plans A, B and C... why do you think we're suddenly hearing about fucking Suning. Because that's our plan B in order to keep the core of the team and build on it for next year. Grow the fuck up and support Inter, especially because in this day and age, players are fucking connected online, they read shit, and while your support on social media is hardly as impacting as that at the stadium, I'm pretty fucking sure it makes a difference on some level. Per sempre, Forza Inter!
    We bitch about the team, you bitch about us, why does that make you any better than us...

  17. Thanks (2): bandiera, Kakaroto

  18. #12
    Wallace
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    11,214
    Thanked
    10,241 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    players are fucking connected online, they read shit, and while your support on social media is hardly as impacting as that at the stadium, I'm pretty fucking sure it makes a difference on some level.
    That's a good thing.

    No one is above criticism, including the players, coaches, and even the president.

    I would certainly hope they read and understand how much of an idiot some of them are, particularly Mancini.
    Wallace

  19. Thanks (3): bandiera, Kakaroto, Wings

  20. #13
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,682
    Thanked
    5,714 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    I hope you guys are happy driving traffic away from this desert of a fucking site with all your fucking negativity. You know what's pathetic, you bitching and whining today when there were 40+ thousand fans in the stadium supporting this team, when in this season, when we finally have a team we can build on for the first time in over 6 years, some bitchers and whiners can't see beyond pumping money to fabricate past glory. Highest at home attendance this season... Fucking brilliant! You talk about heartbreak? At least we're not Fiorentina, Milan or Napoli controlled by idiot presidents who don't understand the meaning of a project. Outside of Juve, and maybe Sassuolo, there's no other real project in Italy at the moment. We have, owners, management, coaches and players who are by and large all bought into the same idea and vision. You know, it's probably the same whiners who were complaining about the purchase of Kondogbia... who is clearly our best midfielder today. Complaining about the sale of Kova, complaining about the sale of Shaqiri etc etc etc. Mancini is no godsend, he is no savior and he will not win us the CL and possibly even the Scudetto, but he is for sure building the team that will under the next coach, be it Simeone, Miha or whoever the fuck else. Ausilio and ET said before there are clear plans A, B and C... why do you think we're suddenly hearing about fucking Suning. Because that's our plan B in order to keep the core of the team and build on it for next year. Grow the fuck up and support Inter, especially because in this day and age, players are fucking connected online, they read shit, and while your support on social media is hardly as impacting as that at the stadium, I'm pretty fucking sure it makes a difference on some level. Per sempre, Forza Inter!
    You simply did not understand us

    Nowhere in this thread was there a post complaining about any specific transfers, or coach, or players. The complain is that the players doesn't play with their hearts on the pitch anymore. And that is undeniable. It's fine if we fail, none of us has said that we will be turncoats and support some other club. We will stay Interista forever. But hellyes we are not as passionate about the club as we did before. Not because the club is performing worse, but simply because if the players do not give a fuck, it's hard for the fans to do that too.

    Why the fuck are you comparing us to Milan or Napoli? So because a lot of other clubs fail, it justifies our failure too? We're supposed to be better than the rest. We're supposed to aim to be the best. tbh, I think our 'project' is not too badly planned. It's not flawless by any means, but it's not the first thing on my list.

    I don't care if the players read my first post of the thread. Matter of fact, I'd be delighted if they do. Because they need to know, just like Thohir himself said earlier today/yesterday, that you need to give your all to deserve the Inter jersey.

  21. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Mnassar

  22. #14
    Mnassar's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Nov 11
    Posts
    273
    Thanked
    381 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Crespo

    Egypt

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    You simply did not understand us

    Nowhere in this thread was there a post complaining about any specific transfers, or coach, or players. The complain is that the players doesn't play with their hearts on the pitch anymore. And that is undeniable. It's fine if we fail, none of us has said that we will be turncoats and support some other club. We will stay Interista forever. But hellyes we are not as passionate about the club as we did before. Not because the club is performing worse, but simply because if the players do not give a fuck, it's hard for the fans to do that too.

    Why the fuck are you comparing us to Milan or Napoli? So because a lot of other clubs fail, it justifies our failure too? We're supposed to be better than the rest. We're supposed to aim to be the best. tbh, I think our 'project' is not too badly planned. It's not flawless by any means, but it's not the first thing on my list.

    I don't care if the players read my first post of the thread. Matter of fact, I'd be delighted if they do. Because they need to know, just like Thohir himself said earlier today/yesterday, that you need to give your all to deserve the Inter jersey.
    Handy, there's criticism and then there's an endless slew of: we're shit, the team is shit, this is going nowehere, fuck this squad, this management knows nothing bla bla bla bla bla....

    You say that the project isn't the first thing on your list? Then what is? If the project is moving in the right direction (which it is) then everything will fall into place in time (next season). I compare us to Napoli and Milan not to just say we're better than them, but to give an example of when it's justified to really be disillusioned with you team. Look, this is a free world, and there's no such thing as the tifosi police and judges; you're allowed to support Inter in any manner and degree you wish, all I'm saying is, this forum has become a place for Inter (and specifically Mancini) bashing rather than a place for people to engage in discussion about the team. And the problem is with FIF, because in almost all other platforms and metrics (attendance, facebook engagement, local chapters that I'm involved with, other websites) support for the club has been the highest in years and it's a shame that a forum that i've enjoyed for so long has become a dark depressing shell of what it used to be...

  23. #15

    Join Date
    08 Jul 14
    Posts
    4,587
    Thanked
    5,953 times

    South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    I hope you guys are happy driving traffic away from this desert of a fucking site with all your fucking negativity. You know what's pathetic, you bitching and whining today when there were 40+ thousand fans in the stadium supporting this team, when in this season, when we finally have a team we can build on for the first time in over 6 years, some bitchers and whiners can't see beyond pumping money to fabricate past glory. Highest at home attendance this season... Fucking brilliant! You talk about heartbreak? At least we're not Fiorentina, Milan or Napoli controlled by idiot presidents who don't understand the meaning of a project. Outside of Juve, and maybe Sassuolo, there's no other real project in Italy at the moment. We have, owners, management, coaches and players who are by and large all bought into the same idea and vision. You know, it's probably the same whiners who were complaining about the purchase of Kondogbia... who is clearly our best midfielder today. Complaining about the sale of Kova, complaining about the sale of Shaqiri etc etc etc. Mancini is no godsend, he is no savior and he will not win us the CL and possibly even the Scudetto, but he is for sure building the team that will under the next coach, be it Simeone, Miha or whoever the fuck else. Ausilio and ET said before there are clear plans A, B and C... why do you think we're suddenly hearing about fucking Suning. Because that's our plan B in order to keep the core of the team and build on it for next year. Grow the fuck up and support Inter, especially because in this day and age, players are fucking connected online, they read shit, and while your support on social media is hardly as impacting as that at the stadium, I'm pretty fucking sure it makes a difference on some level. Per sempre, Forza Inter!
    Juve and Sassuolo are the only "real" projects in Italy other than us? Are you being serious?

    We've bought into a vision? What are you talking about? What's the vision? Building a squad of "campiones" is not a vision. I'm not saying we don't have a vision, but I can't see it. I believe Thohir has a very clear financial vision for the club but that's not relevant to building around a philosophy and having a clear idea of how to build the squad, and developing the infrastructure to make this all successfully happen.

    Do you actually think that it's "bitching" to not be optimistic about our project and our season? It's "bitching" to complain about spending 30+ mill on a raw midfielder when you're losing 140 mill/year and have debts of 400 mill? And Kondogbia isn't better than Brozovic. Selling the only creative player in our midfield and a massive talent because he doesn't suit Mancini's ridiculous standards? Are you saying these complaints are only negativity for the sake of being negative?

    Mancini is building a team? Mancini is spending lots of money. That's it. Tactically, this team is a joke. We have a squad of good players, yes, but at the end of the day that doesn't mean much without a clear idea how to use the quality in the squad (and how to keep improving the squad). I'm also not so sure we can keep these players here, in terms of FFP, debt, and requests to leave.

    You put Mihajlovic in the bracket of coaches who will take us to the next level?

    You can be proud of the attendance record of "real Inter fans", I call them Italian bandwagoners who just like to get hyped. In any case, people are not being negative for the sake of being negative. You have absolutely no evidence to say that. A lot of the negativity is 100% legitimate.

    You say negativity makes a negative difference, but the way I see it, fans backing a flawed project and pretending that everything is roses and sunshine has much more negative consequences.
    Last edited by bandiera; 09 May 16 at 09:36.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •