Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: General Football Debates

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I need to make it much clearer I meant non fullback answers apparently.
    i missed that part, but you have to understand: once you read "from the 2010 squad to the current squad", the brain commands to the fingers to type maicon. however, after a fullback, another fullbacdk and a third fullback, i guess i'd say eto'o. a player with his class who also works his ass to help the team is a gem.
    Last edited by firmino; 02 Feb 17 at 18:17.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

2. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

It's hard to read a full post of a user who does not come from a top football nation.

I pick Sneijder than. I can't even fathom the destruction a Perisic-Sneijder-Candreva-Icardi partnership would cause
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

4. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    I dunno if I'd pick Motta or Sneijder tbh.

but Gags is pretty similar to Motta...

ok Sneijder

Mario-Sneijder-Perisic
    Icardi

say no to Candreva!

6. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Sneijder would be lethal, free kicks, shooting from distance, through balls for days for icardi, everything we miss basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

8. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Quantum

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Can José Mourinho count as a player? If not, Arnautovic then.

A distant third would be the moral winner of the 2010 Ballon d'Or, Wesley Sneijder.

10. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

Samuel, and I don't think it's close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Eto'o hands down.

What Eto'o did the year after the Treble was absolutely insane. Almost carried us to another Scudetto while we were riddled with injuries. Made Pazzini look formidable instead of the garbage can he turned into after that year.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    We need a lot more than someone screaming "this is Inter!" in the locker room.

14. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

Fabregas: Football has become less about talent and more about 'running a lot'
    The Spain international midfielder is feeling the effects of a faster-paced game, but will not give up on trying to meet the required intensity.

Cesc Fabregas has asserted that “talented” players are becoming increasingly marginalised in the modern game, with fitter, faster and more powerful players being preferred across 90 minutes.

There is no doubting the Spaniard's natural flair on the ball, with Cesc having enjoyed a stellar career with Arsenal, Barcelona and now Chelsea, but he hasn't for a while been a guaranteed starter.

Instead, Nemanja Matic and N'Golo Kante are preferred by Antonio Conte in the centre of the pitch; two players whose defensive capabilities mean the Spaniard is used sparingly at Stamford Bridge.

And Fabregas has both lamented and reacted positively to the trend, suggesting it makes him work harder as a player.

“Today it’s more difficult for the more talented players to succeed,” he told Chelsea TV.

“I don’t think my physical abilities are the best – I’m not the quickest, I’m not the strongest, I’m not the sharpest, so you have to be ahead of the game if a player like me wants to succeed in football.

“To be a football player today... if you are very strong or you run a lot or stuff like that it’s easier. That’s why I try to get even better because football is growing in a way that before I don’t think it was.

“Everyday you see less talent and more power and players running around.”

---

* I actually consider this valid in EPL and Germany, and it`s kinda sad. Artists like Riquelme/Cassano will be even more rare in this modern football. The most technically gifted players will probably continue to play in Spain and Italy.

The best football is currently probably played in Spain where the talents matters, results in European cups don't lie. That is also the reason why italian coaches are so good in England, they can win with a little bit of tactics and inteligence over the running opponents and this is also one of the reasons why Enlish clubs are failing in Europe or England national team is losing constantly everything. They all think that they will outrun anybody...

#TEAMicardiNOTmyCAPTAIN

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    The Spain international midfielder is feeling the effects of a faster-paced game, but will not give up on trying to meet the required intensity.

Cesc Fabregas has asserted that “talented” players are becoming increasingly marginalised in the modern game, with fitter, faster and more powerful players being preferred across 90 minutes.

There is no doubting the Spaniard's natural flair on the ball, with Cesc having enjoyed a stellar career with Arsenal, Barcelona and now Chelsea, but he hasn't for a while been a guaranteed starter.

Instead, Nemanja Matic and N'Golo Kante are preferred by Antonio Conte in the centre of the pitch; two players whose defensive capabilities mean the Spaniard is used sparingly at Stamford Bridge.

And Fabregas has both lamented and reacted positively to the trend, suggesting it makes him work harder as a player.

“Today it’s more difficult for the more talented players to succeed,” he told Chelsea TV.

“I don’t think my physical abilities are the best – I’m not the quickest, I’m not the strongest, I’m not the sharpest, so you have to be ahead of the game if a player like me wants to succeed in football.

“To be a football player today... if you are very strong or you run a lot or stuff like that it’s easier. That’s why I try to get even better because football is growing in a way that before I don’t think it was.

“Everyday you see less talent and more power and players running around.”

---

* I actually consider this valid in EPL and Germany, and it`s kinda sad. Artists like Riquelme/Cassano will be even more rare in this modern football. The most technically gifted players will probably continue to play in Spain and Italy.

The best football is currently probably played in Spain where the talents matters, results in European cups don't lie. That is also the reason why italian coaches are so good in England, they can win with a little bit of tactics and inteligence over the running opponents and this is also one of the reasons why Enlish clubs are failing in Europe or England national team is losing constantly everything. They all think that they will outrun anybody...
    Change your calendar, this is not 90s anymore.

The same Italian coach is fighting relegation this season and Mazzarri's team is below Burnley, team with piss poor resources.

Btw, players in modern day should be physically fitter along with having talent. Also English clubs has nothing to do with failings of England National team, club teams are full of foreign players.

Also the coaches that makes the players to run highest are Conte and Klopp, Italian and German. Last season Raineri's team played physical football with majestic football from Mahrez to win the league, Italian going for physical aggression than tactical.

Even yesterday PSG's team completed 114 Kms vs Barca, Spanish coach making his team work harder than anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Messi banned 4 games for telling a referee to fuck off (that's what others have mentioned to me that he said).

How is that only a 4 game suspension? Referee abuse should not be tolerated, especially in a sport where such actions are mimic'd by children and overall grassroots level. It's completely absurd.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Was it a linesman or the referee? Surely it should have been punished on the pitch with a red card.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Depends how ur behaved when he said it. If he got into the refs face and got angry and said fuck off. I dont know how many times ive got angry and said fuck off, not really meaning it, but almost like a reaction, like screaming when in pain

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Was it a linesman or the referee? Surely it should have been punished on the pitch with a red card.
    It was the linesman I believe, and it wasn't solved on the field sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Depends how ur behaved when he said it. If he got into the refs face and got angry and said fuck off. I dont know how many times ive got angry and said fuck off, not really meaning it, but almost like a reaction, like screaming when in pain
    Whether or not he did it in front of the refs or if he remained calm or not, it was the wrong reaction. Football players need to learn that referee abuse is not ok as it effects the game in an incredibly negative way on a global scale and is obviously a huge ethics issue, but nothing will be learned in situations like these. A 4 game suspension and 8,000 (euros?) fine is probably a joke to someone like Messi.

Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    He was punished retrospectively because all of the referees missed it. I believe it was video footage (?).

Anyway Medel was banned for 4 matches before as well for the same thing.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

It's still a bad call for a legitimate issue imo

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

Punishments in football are pretty light compared to just about any sport I watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    QUIZ:
    Find the player
    Tries to cross with his preferred foot, turns left then right, then against left and against right and at the end, lose the ball.
    Who is he?

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Albania

^ Italian Beckham.

28. Thanks (1): JJM